Relationship question! Just for fun

Options

Replies

• Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    relationship questions are never fun....

jus sayin
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    relationship questions are never fun....

jus sayin

Good point. Reading this thread is depressing me!
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    The first few dates. Only knew him about 2 weeks.
    I was home from college, he was home on leave from the Marines.
    I was in love. lol I remember telling my best friend I was going to marry him.
    I did almost a year n half later....and it will be 4 years in Feb. :)
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    When I first met him, I knew :)
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    It was right away that I knew there was that something special....he is such a down to earth really good guy!!
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Not long after we met! I was 19 and he was 26 and we spent EVERY waking moment together. Got engaged 11 months to the day after we met, married six months later and will celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary in two months, along with our 3 kiddos! LOVE that man!!!
  • Faericn_Rising
    Options
    Had a hunch the first time i saw his smiling face through the window of the door to my apartment building. Something was.... deeply, deeply, different.
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    The moment I felt I was able to tell him about a very private issue in my past, and how he didn't pass any judgement.

I love him with all my heart.
  • GCanha
    GCanha Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    On the night we met - we were 17 years old and it was a blind date, although neither one of us admitted it at the time. We got engaged on our 6 year "blind date" anniversary , married on our 8th, and have been together 20 years this past September!
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I knew before we started dating. I was actually married to someone else, he was a friend of a friend. I realized he was the one, left my then husband and moved back home with my parents all within a week. The week after that we met up with friends and while I was drunk I accidentally told him I loved him. I was horrified that I had said anything at all. We've been together 9 years, married for 7 and have 3 children together and he's been raising my daughter from my first marriage since she was 1 1/2 years old.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I probably had a feeling sooner, but after dating maybe 3 months, we went on our first weekend away together, and I flipped his Quad on the ice in northern Michigan, cracking 4 ribs. After thinking I was OK, then drinking, sitting in the hot tub for an hour and taking a nap, I couldn't even stand up.. He had to help me shower, dress me and take me to the hospital (where my ribs proceeded to BREAK when I was laid down on the x-ray table). The way he handled that whole situation and took care of me was my first major sign that this guy was "THE ONE" :love:

Don't get me wrong though...there are still days I'd like to kick him in the balls....:laugh:
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    6months in and still don't know whether she is

I'd stop wasting both of your time...if you don't know by now...she isn't the one.

I wish I would have listened when someone told me that during my last relation. I kept waiting for it to click, it never did. So much happier now that I moved on
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    The first day. We were engaged within days(3-4 I think), I got my ring the second week and then 11 months later we were married. We will be celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary in January. I think what really made it work is that we jumped in with both feet and never played games with each other. Love is a risk whether you wait 1 day or 10 years its either there or its not.

So true! I know people that got married after being together 10 years and were divorced a year later I also know people who have been together forever and only dated for a little while.

For me-I knew pretty much when I looked him up 10 years after we met (we met at 18) and we were both still single. It was confirmed on our first date which lasted about 10 hours
  • Lissa_M
    Lissa_M Posts: 131
    Options
    My husband and I met online and I had just gotten out of a 7 year relationship and was looking for a fling. We had been chatting online for a couple of days when he asked for my phone number. I remember telling a coworker that day, "this guy I met online is supposed to call me tonight and I am not very excited about it." We ended up on the phone that first night for 9 hours and the next weekend he drove 10 hours just to spend a day and a half with me. That pretty much sealed the deal. That was 6 years ago.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    When my husband and I met, he was gushing about how happy he was to meet me. He said, "What are the odds of finding someone like you? Maybe 1 in 20!" He was serious too! At the time, I was sort of hurt, but I've come to understand what he was saying. There are lots of people with whom you can be compatible.

By the way, we've been together 23 years, and we laugh about this still.
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    When my husband and I met, he was gushing about how happy he was to meet me. He said, "What are the odds of finding someone like you? Maybe 1 in 20!" He was serious too! At the time, I was sort of hurt, but I've come to understand what he was saying. There are lots of people with whom you can be compatible.

By the way, we've been together 23 years, and we laugh about this still.
    hahaha boys can be so clueless!
  • mandersatx
    Options
    James & I were "just friends" for more than 6 months before I admitted we were in a relationship. I was coming off a failed 5.5 year relationship & didn't wish to jump into something else so soon. Two months in to our "friendship," he admitted he wondered what our children would be like (so smart they would either take over the world or they wouldn't be able to talk - a sense of humor is hugely important!); this astonished me even though I wouldn't admit we were dating for another 4 months. Fastforward to a year after we met, I got an amazing career opportunity, told him I was moving across Texas to take the job, & didn't do LD relationships but it's been fun. When I came back about a month later to pack my apartment, he told me he'd been looking his whole life for a woman who didn't ask him what she should do but told him what she was going to do. I thought on this for another couple of months - this man wants a loud, opinionated, know-it-all woman (ME to a T)?!?! I finally told him I loved him when I came back to town, to which he replied, "I know." Fifteen months in all it took me to realize just how completely perfect we are for one another; he knew at 2 months. His patience speaks volumes to the kind of man he is and what kind of father he will be to our children. We started shopping for engagement rings last week. <3
  • Hichiko
    Hichiko Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    A week into knowing him.
    It did, however, take us five years before we started dating. We'd both held the crush for that long, but neither of us realized the other felt the same. Then it just... clicked.
    Been with him since for another five.
  • Snapper1985
    Snapper1985 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    For her it seems it was almost instantaneous after reading an entire paragraph about my 'ideal woman' and seeing my amazing grammar. For me it took like 2 years cuz I'm a man.
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    My wife and I dated for 8 years before we got married. We were high school sweethearts and we made it through college. I think it took me longer to realize she was "the one". I think she knew after 2 years of college. I think I knew shortly after that because she was more than just my girlfriend at that point, she was my best friend and I didn't want to lose my best friend.
    I love this!!!!