Do you have stretchmarks too?

Options
124»

Replies

• emily_bird
    Options
    Do you know that a lot of teenagers and kids get stretch marks because of growth spurts? I'm 20, never had a child or been pregnant nor have I ever been fat and I've got stretch marks behind my knees, the side of my hips and in my inner thighs. I got them before I even turned 13 . And you know what , now, I couldn't care about them. I felt bad about them then because they were visible and I felt like I would be wracked and ruined .You can't change them and you can't get rid of them. Focusing on something that you cant' change brings on heartbreak. Focus on what you CAN change and what really matters in life. When yo start focusing that and appreciating what you have , then your sadness becomes joy and you become a stronger person.

I know a guy who always been fit, never fat and has had a 6-pack at different stages has stretch marks on his back from a growth spurt.

They DO fade and disappear with time.Try olive on them. They'll never completely go, but they can fade to the point that they're hardly visible. Even people with the most "perfect" of bodies have flaws. No person has a perfect body. I can guarantee to you that there'll be someone that you think looks fantastic, and someone else will say "no, I preferred them like this" etc.

They suck. BUT they're marks on your body and not marks on who you are.

It sounds like a clche, but it's really who you are that matters. People will seek you out, be friends with you,love and value you because of who you are. Many times it has been the plain girl or the girl who has shone out in the crowd among beautiful women at the end of the day as the person people want to be around.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    :( I have stretch marks, and I don't want this to upset you, but they will fade, but will not go away.

I'm not trying to be upsetting, but your age may have something to do with why they may bother your boyfriend (But if he hasn't actually SAID they bother him, then they probably don't. Most men are pretty happy to get a woman naked!). I have found, the older I get, the less I hear men talking about things like stretch marks or a little bit of body fat or having perfectly perky tits. The body does not stay pristine forever, no matter how much you do for anti-aging, and men know that.

^ Agree 100%. :flowerforyou:
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have them bad. I gained lots of weight while pregnant and I was young so I didn't really know how to take care of myself. they are all over my belly down to my thighs and also on my chest. not pretty. I have considered surgery because I also have extra skin but my husband says I am fine the way I am. he doesn't care and for right now i don't either. If I have the chance to get rid of it later I will.
    I have tried lots of products but they just soften skin, I know they are here to stay. I wouldn't worry too much.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I use vitamin a acid to help them fade, i've had stretch marks since I was a child on the side of my knees and thighs
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I wanted to add this:

I honestly don't think you'll ever have anyone comment on your stretch marks. I recently read something online that goes along with this: "Attacking people with disabilities is the lowest display of power I can think of."
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks mainly on my stomach, hips and arms. They have faded tremendously since losing weight but are still there, they don't bother me as much as they used to!
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    all around my belly and arms.... uhmm I guess i am used to them now!
  • CindyTatiana16
    CindyTatiana16 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Avon makes a stretch mark cream that really helped me
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I have them from gaining so much weight so quickly, I'll probably get a few more now that I'm pregnant, I use Palmers cocoa butter and that has helped a TON, my husbands noticed a difference too. They aren't as visible as they were.
  • Cazzy34
    Cazzy34 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Oh hunnie... ((HUGS))

Most people who have had a baby have them!!

I have them and mine are really awful. I wish I could post you a picture and let you see! I have them all over my tummy right up above my belly button and right around my back! They are also on my thighs, breasts and at the back of my knees!

There are hundreds on my tummy and there is so much loose skin it just sags. I would get a tummy tuck but then I would just be exchanging the stretch marks for a huge scar! :( I guess i have learned to live with them as that's what happens when you have babies :) I have had lots of treatments to mine but so far nothing has been successful.

You are beautiful and you should learn to love yourself more :) xxx
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I've had them for a very long time, but vitamin E cream seems to help a lot. Try putting it on nightly and see if it doesn't help.
  • keelz2010
    Options
    They fade after a while but I've found Bio Oil really helps, as does keeping my skin moisturised everyday. Even supermodel Kate Moss has them..

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01622/moss-620_1622602a.jpg
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I have 6 kids, you better believe I have stretch marks! I have accepted them. They may not be the pretties thing on earth but I got them making the prettiest things on earth, and I am ok with that
  • determined136
    Options
    I promise you that in time they fade and are hardly noticeable. Embrace your beautiful body that gave you your sweet baby.

It isn't perfect but it is what you have and you can shape and define yourself and they will fade. Keep your chin up! You are a beautiful woman!
  • canadakim17
    canadakim17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I hated mine too, until I got some perspective...hope this helps!

http://pinterest.com/pin/159737118003427019/
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3", very short waisted and had two 9.5 lb babies. I had HORRIBLE stretch marks. I cried after my first was born, devastated at the raw, red, jagged scar looking marks covering my belly and hips. My youngest is 17 now, and my stretch marks are still there. They are the same color as my other skin, but I still see them. I don't stress over them as I did 17 yrs ago. They are part of my experience as a mom.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Has your boyfriend actually said something...? If so... It's not because of you. You carried a child, made a life, and got some scars that are unpreventable. There is only so much you can do to prevent them, if you're going to get them, you're going to get them no matter what. I had a 9#2oz baby... I was ALL belly, and you better believe I got some major stretch marks! I am only 3 months PP so they aren't faded yet completely but I'm they are almost gone. I <3 arbonne skin firming cream, it is a life saver!!
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Bit of sunshine in the summer and a good diet will sort them out :)

I am not bothered by mine, I've had three kids, i will have one more, I'm cool with them :)