30DS and chocolate milk

Options

Replies

• timvet
    timvet Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    oh bummer! chocolate milk is still a good recovery! I would for sure drink it after :drinker:
  • Skittlez_
    Options
    The real question is why are you doing Jillian Michaels. You know she used to be really fat right?

so what? so was I....

I'm just saying I doubt she knows what she is doing.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I don't usually drink a lot before a workout,(I workout when I wake up in the am) but after, as a recovery. I always do a protein shake after a workout. You may just want to cut back on the before the work out slamming chocolate milk and try drinking it after. A great recovery shake is 1/2 banana, 1 tbsp peanut butter and a cup of chocolate milk, blend together...it's yummy!

I am allergic to banana's and nuts...oph, and corn.

Corn does bad things to men's man parts.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    what about tuna? that is high in protein right? maybe I should eat that prior to my workout?
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    paul-reubens-as-the-spleen-in-mystery-men.jpg

This movie is so weird.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    The real question is why are you doing Jillian Michaels. You know she used to be really fat right?

so what? so was I....

:huh: you're not serious. Please tell me you're not serious. And if you are :huh: ?? Really? Just because someone was fat and now they're fit means that they "don't know what they're doing"? That's laughable, seeing as there are personal trainers our there who are fit and know nothing about what they're doing or teaching.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

so what? so was I....

:huh: you're not serious. Please tell me you're not serious. And if you are :huh: ?? Really? Just because someone was fat and now they're fit means that they "don't know what they're doing"? That's laughable, seeing as there are personal trainers our there who are fit and know nothing about what they're doing or teaching.

thank you and ITA. I was like....wtf....when I read that post....Obviously Jillian Michaels is doing something right because a heck of a lot of people have seen results and the benefits from her videos !
  • Skittlez_
    Options

so what? so was I....

I am sure she followed someone elses program, not hers.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I recently started doing 30 DS. Not seeing much progress, I thought maybe I needed to get more protein. So I began chugging chocolate milk just before doing to video (I heard it helps with muscle recovery). each time I have done this I have had to stop due to horrible pains I develop...usually in my lower abdomen. Sometimes they are relieved after a uhhhhhh, trip to the bathroom. My friend thinks it is my spleen and I could have possibly damaged it with the extra protein intake. Anyone else dealing with this?

WTH?! How much milk are you drinking that there's that much extra protein?! I can't imagine there is really that much protein in one glass?!

I would imagine it is really the fact you're guzzling milk before working out. That would make most people sick. :sick: Drink it after and not the several gallons at a time you must be drinking to damage your spleen.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    what about tuna? that is high in protein right? maybe I should eat that prior to my workout?

Yes tuna! With extra mayo because if your fat stores get too low your spleen may dry up from all the sweat you loose!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

Why would you eat BEFORE your workout? This confuses me. Eat AFTER!
  • Skittlez_
    Options

it is to give you energy for your workout.

****STAFF NOTE: Post has been edited due to violations of guideline #01****
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I recently started doing 30 DS. Not seeing much progress, I thought maybe I needed to get more protein. So I began chugging chocolate milk just before doing to video (I heard it helps with muscle recovery). each time I have done this I have had to stop due to horrible pains I develop...usually in my lower abdomen. Sometimes they are relieved after a uhhhhhh, trip to the bathroom. My friend thinks it is my spleen and I could have possibly damaged it with the extra protein intake. Anyone else dealing with this?

I learned this back in junior high. Never drink milk before a workout. Drink it afterwards.
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to offer other than I find it impressive that so many people are able to identify exactly which random innard is causing the pain....I must learn this trick.

OMG my thoughts exactly.... I've never been able to pinpoint whether my stomach pain is in my spleen, my liver or my ovaries... I've gotta learn this magic...
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

I learned this back in junior high. Never drink milk before a workout. Drink it afterwards.

I was home schooled.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

Is this a joke? Let me guess, you believe training with no food in your stomach, allows you to burn more fat.

The joke is on you.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    What time of the day are you working out? Unless it's first thing in the morning, you probably don't need any extra fuel for it.

If you feel you DO need fuel, then you should go for carbs/ sugar - a handful of raisins maybe.

Chocolate milk is recommended as a recovery drink, ie AFTER your workout. You need the protein to repair your muscles afterwards (though honestly, 30DS isn't a huge weight lifting programme)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Jillian Michaels is awesome!
  • iampanda
    iampanda Posts: 176 Member
    Options

For me, something with carbs (such as a banana, also helps with muscle soreness) before the workout and something with protein after works well. Most people get their protein intake afterward for muscle recovery, not the other way around. Eating right before exercising makes me ill.