How the eff does one approach an attractive women?

Options

Replies

• Colonel_Brandon
    Colonel_Brandon Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    What I'm going to say may not be popular, but here goes...

Let's say you don't talk to her. What's the worst that could happen? You don't talk to her. What's the best that could happen? Nothing.

Now, let's say you DO talk to her. What's the worst that could happen? You get rejected. You get slapped. You get a drink thrown in your face. SO WHAT??? Other than a dry cleaning bill, are you any worse for having tried? I would guess no - you're in the exact same situation you'd be in if you didn't talk to her. You walk away with nothing.

But what's the BEST that could happen?

Let your imagination run wild.

You miss 100% of the pitches you don't swing at. And no matter how smooth you are (or are not), no matter how relaxed you are (or are not), nothing will work if you don't try. And the more you do it, the more you'll realize what will or will not work - as long as you pay attention to what you're saying and the reaction it's instigating.

I'm with those on here that say being genuine and keeping it simple is the way to go. I wasn't always a people person. It took a lot of getting out of my comfort zone to get to where I feel comfortable talking to anyone now - male or female, young or old, hot or not. Then again, maybe I'm just stupid and don't know when I should or shouldn't. :happy:
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    i like saying "you look pretty" really quietly, and when they say "what did you say" i respond with "i said you look sh*tty! goodnight denise!" and run away to my home to practice karate
    That's ****ing awesome.
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I am far from a baller ladies man...but I have gotten better with the issue you're not facing.

A lot of your success is going to come in the form of trial and error my man. Above all else, you've got to overcome the fear of failure. You're going to fail, not all women are going to dig you, you're going to make mistakes...and that's OKAY. They're all learning experiences that you'll reflect and beat yourself up on later. If you really want to get better with women, you'll have to keep putting yourself out there and refining your practice...It's the same principal with all things...You'll never climb the ladder to success with your hands in your pockets.

Some general tips that I find effective in most situations.

1. Take up space. You're a man, let your body language show that your comfortable in your own skin.
    2. Keep her talking, but don't interrogate her...be engaging. Find something relevant about the situation and go from there.
    3. Make eye contact when she starts speaking and when you speak...but be sure to take a few glances down towards her feet from time to time.
    4. Take time to digest what she says...Don't be afraid of a pause it shows you actually give a ****.
    5. Punctuate your main points with a subtle tap on the elbow or arm...bridge the physical gap.

Hope this helps bro.
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    i like saying "you look pretty" really quietly, and when they say "what did you say" i respond with "i said you look sh*tty! goodnight denise!" and run away to my home to practice karate
    That's ****ing awesome.

it has yet to fail. and my nunchaku skills have shown quite the improvement since implementing this approach
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options

:laugh:

You have to relax about it. The more tense you are approaching a woman, the more awkward it will be. Just flirt and don't let your ego ride purely on whether or not it works out. You're cute. You'll still be cute even if she's not into you. Someone else will be. Just relax. :flowerforyou:
  • hpsNcrvs
    Options
    Just be you. Walk up to her and strike up a casual conversation. If she's cool and down to earth, she'll talk to you....if she's a complete bit¢h, she'll blow you off (not literally). Trust me, the stuck up bit¢hes aren't worth one second of your time.

Confidence is key...there is nothing sexier than a confident man. Hey, the worst that can happen is she say's "no thanks"....but don't take it personal...she may just already be involved.

Anything worth having...is worth sticking your neck out for..or stepping outside your comfort zone

Good luck:drinker:
  • matthew8387
    Options

hahaahahha
  • supbanana
    supbanana Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Mate all it takes is Confidence, being yourself, being respectful and talking to them like a person not like an object!

Honestly just get to know them and just listen to them!

Pretty much this. As a female I hate having to be an emotional crutch for a guy with no confidence and there's not bigger turn-off than him being disrespectful, douchey, arrogant or 'fake'.
  • swarovski75
    swarovski75 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    What I'm going to say may not be popular, but here goes...

Let's say you don't talk to her. What's the worst that could happen? You don't talk to her. What's the best that could happen? Nothing.

Now, let's say you DO talk to her. What's the worst that could happen? You get rejected. You get slapped. You get a drink thrown in your face. SO WHAT??? Other than a dry cleaning bill, are you any worse for having tried? I would guess no - you're in the exact same situation you'd be in if you didn't talk to her. You walk away with nothing.

But what's the BEST that could happen?

Let your imagination run wild.

You miss 100% of the pitches you don't swing at. And no matter how smooth you are (or are not), no matter how relaxed you are (or are not), nothing will work if you don't try. And the more you do it, the more you'll realize what will or will not work - as long as you pay attention to what you're saying and the reaction it's instigating.

I'm with those on here that say being genuine and keeping it simple is the way to go. I wasn't always a people person. It took a lot of getting out of my comfort zone to get to where I feel comfortable talking to anyone now - male or female, young or old, hot or not. Then again, maybe I'm just stupid and don't know when I should or shouldn't. :happy:

Listen to this guy. :-)

When I was younger, a guy got points automatically just for having the b*lls to approach me. And as long as he didn't used some tired pick-up line or come on too strong...I responded well. Genuine is good. Just play to your strengths because confidence is about the sexiest thing a guy can have going. Talk about video games, if you have to.... ;-) Some of us girls like the shy, socially awkward ones...
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    1. You need to be comfortable in your own skin...whatever that is (no it doesn't have to be the perfect bod)
    2. If you're comfortable with who you are...you'll be confident in who you are
    3. Just walk up and speak...if she's an @ss....you didn't want to know her anyway; but don't judge a book by it's cover...walk up to any woman....you never know who you might find
    4. Don't give her some corny one liner....say something real; "you caught my eye"...."I noticed you over here by yourself, thought I'd introduce myself"

Sorry...you might strike out a few times, but that one home run (when you find a wonderful gal)....it'll be worth a million strike outs! I promise!!
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Try talking to girls you have something in common with, you'll both have something to talk about.

My husband stalked me on an online game (text-based MUD, you know... old D&D stuff) and I felt he was worth chatting with because we had a common connection.
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    One other tip--- yes, look the woman in the eye. You can also look down occasionally. But do NOT stare at her chest, that's a major turn-off.

Also, online dating sites have been known to work. Minimal "personal contact" required to initiate.
    I met my husband online before there were even dating sites online.
  • deenaspell
    deenaspell Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Don't be a douche bag by mentioning her body parts.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Put one foot in front of the other and walk with confidence and swagger.
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Four words:
    "Hey baby, what's up?"
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Put one foot in front of the other and walk with confidence and swagger.

pJRDd.png
  • Enygirl210
    Enygirl210 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Remember that some girls are seriously just idiots. I met my now boyfriend through a friend who had gone to high school with him. Her and I were out at the local ArtWalk and ran into him; she hadn't seen him in 10+ years (since high school) they chatted, he was nice, went to the local pub for a drink... he casually asked for my number SEVEN DIFFERENT TIMES before I caught on. Yes, I am that slow.

So remember: Smile, confidence, no drooling on your shoe, and be patient. :)
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Very carefully.