chocolate milk has blood in it...

Options

Replies

• MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Why don't they just use it for strawberry milk?
    Excellent question:)
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    *Blink*

I was raised on a farm (yes, I know what I did there) and this is just so not true...However, I do know that the chocolate milk comes from the parts of the cows that are black and white milk from the white part which is why chocolate milk is more expensive...Or at least that's what I used to tell my sister...I also used to scare her by telling her that wet twigs became worms...I was eight.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    My dad is a dairy farmer and I've hooked more cows up to to the Surge machine more times than I can count. I think someone is telling you tall tales.

BTW, Cow tipping is an urban legend too.

^^^ This and I grew up on a dairy farm as well. Tall tales. Now about whizzing on the electric fence....
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    My dad is a dairy farmer and I've hooked more cows up to to the Surge machine more times than I can count. I think someone is telling you tall tales.

Wouldn't it be a rural legend?
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Also, all milk is pasteurized. We just had a big case in Minnesota because a farmer was selling unpasteurized milk to select customers directly off his farm (which is legal here in MN). But all milk bought in stores must be pasteurized so it doesn't matter if blood is in the milk (which it isn't).
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I call bull****. I mean, if you purchase your milk from any big factor farms, there's always a risk of blood, pus, etc in your milk due to the way dairy cows are treated. But I highly doubt chocolate milk has any more than regular, and I'm also willing to bet any blood and pus in milk is in low quantities.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I heard some guys talking once and they said there was also blood in meat sometimes.
    Unbelievable! There should be laws against that !!

:wink:
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options

My head hurts. Don't make me laugh!

My father in law got a bunch of paint and pained cows green when he was young.
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options

You know what I mean.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    My husband worked at a milk place in 2000 or so and told me about the blood in the chocolate milk. Meh, so what.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I drink yellow milk
  • Nikki_XC
    Options
    Another reason my almond milk makes me happy..... :drinker:

Exactly. LOL!
    Buuuut, my carne asada tacos were bloody (at first....) so really, I have no issues here. Milk just grosses me out.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I blame the Twighlight series for all this blood related obsession.

Jeez next you will be telling me that black pudding is MADE out of blood! :noway:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    *Blink*

I was raised on a farm (yes, I know what I did there) and this is just so not true...However, I do know that the chocolate milk comes from the parts of the cows that are black and white milk from the white part which is why chocolate milk is more expensive...Or at least that's what I used to tell my sister...I also used to scare her by telling her that wet twigs became worms...I was eight.
    Thanks for clearing this all up.
    Whew!
    Good to know!
    LOL
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    i heard from a few dairyland workers that chocolate milk has blood in it...

when they milk the cow, the start of it is nice and white so they use that as regular milk.. then when it gets to the end of milking a cow they get a bit of blood in it.. so instead of having a "strawberry milk".. lol.. they put chocolate in it and call it chocolate milk...

anyone hear this before?

yup. my brother worked for a dairy. All milk has blood and pus in it.
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    you ppl are aware that health regulations allow for a certain amount of bug and cockroaches to be found in our food... we dont live in a perfect world... dont like it??? buy your own cow and then you know exactly where everything is coming from!

Absolutely. Learned in one my nutrition classes in college that a small can of mushrooms can have like 250 mites per can, AND 70 some worms. Don't remember the numbers exactly, but they were high. Info can be found in Nutrition: An Applied Approach by Thompson and Manore. Great textbook and awesome aid for anyone who is just learning nutrition.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0XnEA9BjYLov5U_RCjv9WsBfh2DySqTj0SMFjmsIidH_enXasg8jgTx6-

^^^YES!!! I always talk about the "danger zone" (jokingly) when people leave pizza and stuff out and NO ONE ever knows what I'm talking about! We had to watch some ridiculous movie on it in like 6th grade.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Another reason my almond milk makes me happy..... :drinker:

How do you milk an almond? I didn't know they had nipples? :laugh:

"Greg, a cat has nipples. Can you milk a cat?"

HAHAHA... you read my mind.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options

Hahaha, I grew up rural, so I'll have to amend that statement ;)

Cow tipping as an activity is totally true (drunk idiots will try ANYTHING), it is SUCCESSFUL cow tipping that is the myth :)
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Bumb. I want to watch all the trolls in their natural habitat. This is entertaining.

true story.. half the reason why i posted this hahaha