WHY? Do you people post PROFILE pics in your car seat?

Options

Replies

• THayesTeamNoXQS
    THayesTeamNoXQS Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Look at my profile pic!! Im in the car!! Aint i fresh!! lol IDK why!!
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    and Id like to know why all the ppl (or most) take pics on the bathroom mirror?

........and can't be bothered cleaning it first.

hush lol I was bothered for a bump picture and didn't realize until after I posted it there was some toothpaste splatter on the mirror :-/ I did clean it after I realized it, but was too lazy to take another picture lol.

I take car pictures when I first get into my car, I typically send them to my husband since we don't see each other too often because he works crappy hours.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Because I can.

Why do you care?
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Because there is bad lighting when I take pictures on my toilet.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I fail to see the issue....

Why is this even a topic??????

Sometimes the bathroom mirror is the only way to take a shot if your taking it of yourself and leg and feet shots, maybe ppl are proud of their legs????
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I've never been sitting in my car long enough (not driving) to have the time to take a picture, nor would I have any desire to.
    I also don't like when people take a picture in their bathroom mirror. I can understand wanting to look in the mirror to take the picture - I've done that - but I point the camera at myself and take the picture the normal way - not directed at the mirror - I don't get the point of that.
    Plus, most new phones have the self facing camera anyway, so that completely gets rid of the need for a bathroom mirror picture (it is gross when you can see toothpaste and spit on the mirror too! disgusting!)

You've spent too much time thinking/caring about this.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I know. I totally don't get it. It's probably the worst place to take a picture of yourself. LOL. But, everyone seems to do it. I did one recently, just because everyone seems to do it, and I wondered why. LOL
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    nobody wants to stop people and say hey would you take my pic i think I look hot right now.
    But why don't they want to stop people and say "Hey, I think I look hot right now; would you take my picture?"
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    so much traffic lately.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    would it bother you less if they would book a photo shoot with lighting, hair and make up? These common pics are taken because nobody wants to stop people and say hey would you take my pic i think I look hot right now.

^^^

That's awesome!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Plus, most new phones have the self facing camera anyway, so that completely gets rid of the need for a bathroom mirror picture (it is gross when you can see toothpaste and spit on the mirror too! disgusting!)

I don't even have a camera on my phone, and it's less than six months old. :laugh:
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Id assume that most of these people who do car pics aren't driving while they take the picture, are that many people stupid enough to think they are? Probably sitting in a parking lot. I don't really care either way but I'm amazed at people comparing car pics to texting and driving, like the car is in motion when these people are snapping the shot.
  • surromom2010
    Options
    I've never been sitting in my car long enough (not driving) to have the time to take a picture, nor would I have any desire to.
    I also don't like when people take a picture in their bathroom mirror. I can understand wanting to look in the mirror to take the picture - I've done that - but I point the camera at myself and take the picture the normal way - not directed at the mirror - I don't get the point of that.

You can't take body shots with the camera facing you, hence bathroom mirror

true story, it's why I do it. Not in my bathroom though, hallway mirror, myonly full body mirror.
  • surromom2010
    Options

I don't even have a camera on my phone, and it's less than six months old. :laugh:

My front facing camera takes terrible pictures, it flips the picture like a mirror image and in the end it always looks like the camera was shaking when I pressed shoot.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    My daughter is always taking photos of herself while in the car. Not driving mind you. But she says the lighting is perfect. Same with the bathroom pics. Best lighting. I on the other hand have only had one good photo taken of myself and its over 10 years old. One of these days maybe I'll take a photo of myself while in the car. :laugh:
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Great lighting perhaps
  • Suzyqall72
    Options
    I doubt they are driving. I took a pic sitting in the car line at my son's school once because I got earrings for Christmas and the person I was talking to asked to see them. It's no big deal. Don't get me started on the headless pics or the ones where you just see someone's eyeball and a lot of hair covering their face. Some people are insecure about the way they look. We should be more accepting, and maybe people wouldn't feel they had to cover up or take a glamour shot to feel ok. Most of us have probably felt insecure about our looks or we wouldn't be here.

My headless pic is hubby's fault. He took it. I have tried to take pictures of myself, but they always end in failure and get deleted. :laugh:

Lol. I was actually talking about the naked pics with no heads that some people send. Tell your hubby to aim higher!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    ive wondered about this too. my theory is they only want to show themselves from the neck up and it gives them the excuse.

Exactly this.
  • two_octopodes
    two_octopodes Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I had no idea this was an issue. I guess I've been being judged for my profile pic and its obvious car-ness, and I didn't even know it! C'est la vie.
    ive wondered about this too. my theory is they only want to show themselves from the neck up and it gives them the excuse.

While that's not really the full reason, it's definitely an added bonus I guess. I don't exactly have the kind of body that I'd like to show off (yet), so the less I have to photograph the happier I am.
  • alliwithaneye
    alliwithaneye Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Because I am not old enough to ride in a car without one.

bahahahhaaha. That was my thought when reading the topic.

The only times I remember ever taking car pictures have been after concerts when I feel like a rock star growling at the camera or on long *kitten* road trips as the passenger and I just make stupid faces to better occupy my time >.>