Weight + treatment from men / dating

Options
Hey all, so I used to be 280 highest and 150 lowest, have you girls losing weight found that you attract more or different men at different weight? If so what weight did you notice the change?

Replies

• slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I've never been overweight, and I've never gotten special attention from guys. Idk maybe I just look that bad lol
  • BlackBarbieBABY
    Options
    Really? From your picture I think your a totally cutie!
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    From my single days: I got far more attention when I was slim (I was a UK size 8-10) It was almost like I was invisible when I was a chunky monkey (UK size 16) lol. Men are so very shallow :noway: :laugh: she jokes of course ;-))
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I've never been overweight, and I've never gotten special attention from guys. Idk maybe I just look that bad lol

Oh you are telling lies!! You have to be? You look like a model girl!! Jealous, much!! lol
  • minsooky
    Options
    Doesn't really make a difference, men ignore me no matter how much I weigh lol
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    It's all about how you carry yourself.
  • ejha77
    ejha77 Posts: 63
    Options
    Since losing weight (I'm probably a US size 2/UK size 6 now- I was a size or two bigger before), men are a LOT nicer to me. It's very noticeable. Strangers are nicer, and men I've known a long time are nicer. It does piss me off a bit how noticeable it is.
  • I've never been overweight but because of my quiet personality guys would probably notice someone bigger (for example) first, because she has more confidence :)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Men were much more friendly and flirtatious to me when I was slimmer. Women have been more nice and flirtatious now that I'm bigger. (Though they weren't mean before) It's an odd switch up.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    145 v. 130, big difference. My natural chest v. massive padded bra, even bigger difference. Lol.
  • Indygirl_81
    Indygirl_81 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I too don't have men talk to me (whatever weight I am)...
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Men were much more friendly and flirtatious to me when I was slimmer. Women have been more nice and flirtatious now that I'm bigger. (Though they weren't mean before) It's an odd switch up.

isnt that the truth! i never realized this before
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    No to be honest! Apart from on MFP and Facebook. In real life I don't get approached in clubs or anything (which is fine with me btw lol) saying that, my friends are all super hot so the attention is usually on them when we are out!
    x
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options

Yep, I have always attracted guys heavy or light...if you have the confidence and you are looking for someone, you will find someone or they will find you.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

I find that so hard to believe! They must feel like there's no point in approaching you because you're out of their league!
  • onehurt
    onehurt Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I would say a lot of it depends where you are hanging out. I remember back when I was young and running around one bar was kind of a "Meat market" Lots of attention all around. Then to play the devils advocate, it happens to us guys too if we were chubby or otherwise. Get shot down a few times, then get a bit gun shy and quit trying as much.

Just my 2 cents worth,
    Mark
  • Jenny775
    Jenny775 Posts: 108 Member
    Options

Yep, I have always attracted guys heavy or light...if you have the confidence and you are looking for someone, you will find someone or they will find you.

^^^^^ AGREED!! It's about how you carry yourself and your confidence ladies! I will probably never be slim - I'm not built like that and I've come to terms with it; however, I get lots of attention from guys who like thick, voluptuous, curvy sexy women and that's cool by me. Work on your self esteem and attitude and they will notice you. :smile:
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Hey all, so I used to be 280 highest and 150 lowest, have you girls losing weight found that you attract more or different men at different weight? If so what weight did you notice the change?

Hells ya.

when I was at my lowest, 150. I am between 5'8 - 5'9 also that is when I loved my body the most and treated it "right". I am working now on getting back there.

I think a - It was clearly a change in my body. Tight, lean legs, curves, etc.

and b - a change in my confidence and attitude. I have always been very outgoing and confident, but feeling my best gave me that extra boost!!
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options

I find that so hard to believe! They must feel like there's no point in approaching you because you're out of their league!

^^^ agree. You too, Miss Dannii!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    My high weight was 240, my low weight was 130. Men, and women, are much nicer to you in general when your thinner. Part of the added attention from men may have been the way I carried myself, but trust me, other people changed too. Now that I'm in the mid-150s, I get far less attention then I did in the 130s.