is it possible to lose 30 pounds in 3 months?

Options
2»

Replies

• purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    At your weight I wouldn't get my hopes up. Why not just lose what you can and not make yourself crazy trying to lose a specific number by a certain date?
  • Rodhands
    Options
    I lost 30lbs in 10 weeks so yes if you have the weight to lose it is possible... you don't look like you need to lose 30lbs that quick though!
  • BradHallFitness
    BradHallFitness Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Is it healthy/possible to lose 30 pounds in 3 months.I have already lost 26 pounds which now puts me at 188.6 at 5ft7.
    I am going on vacation in a little over three months and want to lose 30 pounds. Whats everyones input and advice.

I dropped 30 pounds in 92 days. So yes it's possible AND will take some dedication to nutrition/workouts. Averaged 2.5 pounds dropped per week which is considered safe based on my doc and other information.

I don't think you're setting your goals to high. We all need to push and challenge ourselves. So if you want to drop that amount....Just do it. Get a plan in place that will push you in your workouts and make sure your nutrition is where it needs to be.

Great job so far on your weight loss.
  • CPWash
    CPWash Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 235 and working on the same scenario. I have been doing Weight Watchers and exercise. Started September 1. Will not weight before September 15. Good Luck :)
  • CPWash
    CPWash Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Typo above: I will not "weigh" not "weight" before September 15. :*
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    With your stats? Not healthy or recommended.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    YES!
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    It's been 5 years and OP hasn't come back to let us know how her vacation loss went
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's been 5 years and OP hasn't come back to let us know how her vacation loss went

... totally missed that...
  • dawn_westbury
    dawn_westbury Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    3laine75 wrote: »
    i did my first 47lb in 4 months so yes. i was on a medically supervised extremely low cal, high protein diet though. i don't think its a healthy way to do it and didn't think i would do that kind of extreme diet but nothing else was working for me. wish i'd found MFP sooner. well done on your losses so far and good luck with the last 30lb - i'm sure they'll be off in no time.

I hear people say how they are or were on a dr supervised very low cal etc diet (the word diet to me means WHAT you’re eating, not HOW much you’re eating or that you’re ON a diet), as low as 500-1,000 cals a day and no one bats an eye. But I see others mention they are eating 900-1,000 a day and everyone comments how bad it is (I mean I’m sure it’s not great supervised or not). My question is what is the difference between a supervised low cal diet and not supervised. Besides the fact you’re going to the dr, you’re still eating the same amount either way.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Possible. Likely you'll have to do some extreme dieting to do it.................yep. And betting that when people that do this to go on vacation, gain about half of it back on vacation.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png