do Canadians do it better?

Options

Replies

• mateo57505
    mateo57505 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Canadians, hahahahahahaahahahahaahahahahahahah!!

canadian-riot-history_zps485d2ba3.jpg
  • SMJ1987
    SMJ1987 Posts: 368
    Options
    everything done bigger and better in america. lol. just ask an american male. bwahahahaha.

And this is why I went south to find my boyfriend :D And now I also get two Thanksgivings!
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Yes. Yes we do.

Bow-chicka-bow-wow
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Perhaps we just do it quieter.

While thanksgiving is important to many, it's not quite the insanity of indulgence it appears to be south of the border.

^^^this^^^
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Canadians are to blame for Justin Beiber.
    You be the judge.

We also inflicted Celine Dion on you.

and I was going to say I love Canadians, but now... I'm a little annoyed at how they dispose of their garbage.

the problem is....as we're disposing of the garbage....you as a nation are BEGGING for it...and we Canadian, always concerned about the environment, will always recycle and rehome our unwanted things.
    I am not canadian but I agree, americans are too wasteful, I am ashamed to be one sometimes!!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. We were too drunk to care or stress. :P
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hahaha...the other side of that sign says "I am so sorry for that outburst"

• mostein
    mostein Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Ryan Reynolds anyone?

Not to mention:

Ryan Gosling
    John Candy
    Rachel McAdams
    Alex Trebek
    Elisha Cuthbert
    Jim Carrey
    Michael J Fox
    Anna Paquin
    Dan Akroyd
    Evangeline Lily
    Pamela Anderson
    Nina Dobrev

Oh and nobody in Canada eats poutine, at least none of the cool cats. We just make it and get Americans to try it when they come here.

But as for the real topic, I was actually thinking that there isn't as much hoopla about the Canadian Thanksgiving feast as there seems to be for the American Thanksgiving.
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    The best part is that we can head south & relive Thanksgiving all over again. I don't discriminate, I'm an equal opportunity eater ;).
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Yes we do. We eat all the food and we don't ask stupid questions.
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    In my experience (having lived in both countries), the difference in timing and length of the holiday makes it, on average, less of a diet-ordeal in Canada than in the US. There's also the fact that Canadians are conditioned to complain less.

Being in the beginning of October, it's still camping weather for Canadian Thanksgiving! I've missed big family Thanksgiving dinners in Canada because we were out camping. (Of course, in the southern US, I guess camping in November is still an option.)
    Being only a 3 day weekend instead of 4, it's a smaller celebration.

Thanksgiving in the US seems to have escalated since I moved to Canada about 20 years ago; some colleges give the entire week off, most schools give Wednesday off. And what happened to Veteran's Day? I was down south on November 11th, and it seems mostly only grade schools and banks have it off anymore.
  • tinytasha7
    tinytasha7 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    and I was going to say I love Canadians, but now... I'm a little annoyed at how they dispose of their garbage.

the problem is....as we're disposing of the garbage....you as a nation are BEGGING for it...and we Canadian, always concerned about the environment, will always recycle and rehome our unwanted things.

Even still, speaking as an eco-friendly Canadian, there's no explanation for Nickelback.

See....rehoming our garbage to the US....LOL...J/K...I actually like Nickelback.

I have been systematically making all my meals as healthy as I can. I generally don't spend time with family at such gatherings because the only people I care to see who are usually at them are my parents and my daughter. The other family members I want to see usually have other obligations....anyway, I usually go see the parents a few days later and don't have the temptation of most of the high fat/sugar/starch/sodium stuff. We still have turkey or ham....no skin on the turkey, low salt ham, dressing, but with less fat, salads, steamed veggies, desserts made as lo-cal as possible... I can't say I don't overeat....I sometimes do....but it's on mainly healthy stuff which is better than unhealthy.
  • penrbrown
    Options
    There's also the fact that Canadians are conditioned to complain less.

Wait. What? We are??? Do tell. *curious Canadian*
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    See....rehoming our garbage to the US....LOL...J/K...I actually like Nickelback.

[tumblr_mdiesfHJuq1qhhoek.gif
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Hahaha...the other side of that sign says "I am so sorry for that outburst"

Funny Funny!!! :laugh: I like it!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options

maybe they meant we're more "passive-aggressive" about it.....you know
  • bananapancakebella
    Options
    All I know is all the Canadian men I've met have been hot.
  • penrbrown
    Options

maybe they meant we're more "passive-aggressive" about it.....you know

This I can get behind. We have passive-aggressive down to a petty art.

Plus. Sarcasm. We are the masters. Half the time we don't even know we're being sarcastic. That's how good we are at it.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I think we are just a little subtler about it - which, I suppose when it comes to caloric intake, does make it "better" for weight loss :).

That said, I've read some threads on American Thanksgiving, and I think I'd be a goner down south. WAAYYY too much deliciousness.

what do y'all eat?
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I think they just whine a little less, I mean they have poutine and don't whine about that either

LOL poutine is so good and makes you feel so mushy inside that you cant whine anyway :P

Love this lol