plain greek yogurt.. what do you put in it?

Options

Replies

• icom100
    icom100 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    ground flax seed and diced apples. with or without vanilla protein powder.
  • secretsupermodel
    Options
    i put 1/2 a packet of stevia and any berries i may have at home or bananas and cinnamon, or instead of stevia i use agave nectar but not a lot because it is super sweet. or i use plain greek yogurt 2% in place of sour cream or mayonnaise in tuna or chicken salad sandwich.
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    agave nectar and fresh berries
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Fruit or berries (any & all kinds - my favorite are frozen cherries w/mashed banana)
    Chia seeds
    rolled oats or steel cut oats

Mix together - put in fridge overnight - eat. YUMMERS!
  • stacy_1971
    stacy_1971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    When I eat plain Greek yogurt, I like to add liquid Stevia drops, which is a natural sweetener. Also, you might try organic raw honey (once you've had that, you can never go back to regular honey) or agave nectar.
  • HayleyHat
    Options
    Well I use dairy-free "Greek style" yoghurt, but I love it over fresh fruit especially chopped grapes. Yum!

My mum puts Greek yoghurt over frozen berries, which is fantastic too. It part freezes the yoghurt and makes it really decadent.
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    One of my favourite breakfasts is raspberries, covered in plain low fat greek yogurt with a crumbled up weetabix on top, and honey drizzled over. Yum!
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    My spoon.

I like the zip. What's wrong with just plain? Lots of zip.

Sometimes it's nice with some rolled oats n fresh berries.

yeah but are you eating the 0% .. or the plain with fat?
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    by the time you add stuff to the very plain and kinda sour taste of plain - youve added 30 or 40 cals- why not eat a good tasting flavor like non fat strawberry, blueberry or peach?

If adding to plain is preference - strawberries and banana - chocolate chips (tbsn) and a splash of coffee - any berry and maybe some sweetner (splender, etc) a handful of any cereal and berries. - a handful of any cereal on its own - with granola and or chia seeds. -

I still say eat the flavored kind and make it easy and tasty.

I use plain a lot to replace sour cream or as a base for fruit dip (add sugar free jello pudding or some honey)
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Dried mixed fruit inc cranberries

or

chopped up stem ginger with a little of the syrup

or

crunchy breakfast cereal ie maple and pecan
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    The choices are immense!

I enjoy adding a teaspoon or two of reduced sugar strawberry jam along with a little granola.

Another favorite of mine, is to add the yogurt to a cup of fruit (Berries, bananas, melon, whatever we happen to have on hand) again, along with a little granola.

Hope you find something you enjoy!
  • Toya2xcel
    Toya2xcel Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Fruit and a tiny bit of agave nectar
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Sweetener and cinnamon, yum yum yum :)
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    i usually put blueberries and liquid stevia in mine but have also added cake batter protein powder, OMG yum, and other fruit.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    chocolate protein powder! also nutella and granola if im bulking
  • strawberru314
    strawberru314 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I really like to put in about a tablespoon of nutella. I really have to watch how much I put in too because it is calorie dense, but the end product is very delicious and filling.
  • Flamencoflynnie
    Flamencoflynnie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    cut up an apple, cook it until it is soft and add some cinammon to taste. yum!:smile:
  • Chgosportsgal
    Options
    Teaspoon and honey and apples. That's what my yiayia used to do... Yiayia is Greek for grandmother..and she got me into a great habit !!
  • EatingRight123
    Options
    why not just eat a normal tasty yogurt...
  • Ani45
    Ani45 Posts: 47
    Options
    Sweeten it with something e.g brown sugar ( I use real honey) and add some walnuts (chop them in small pieces)! Its delish and keeps you full for ages !!