Why are you doing this? (Fitness motivations)

Options
124»

Replies

• klacount77
    klacount77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have the birthday as one of my best friends since pre-school ... I flew to Dallas to see him for the first time in 17 years last May.
    When I saw him, he looked the same, lean,fit,handsome,healthy ...
    When he saw me, he literally looked horrified and before either of us realized it he was holding me and crying and said
    "OMG, I didn't recognize you! You look like the fat girl that ate my Kimmy!"

I hurt when he said it, but worse, was when he clumsily tried to apologize and said "I'm sorry Cookie, it is just surprising to see two of you. I mean, to see you twice as big. I mean ... I'm sorry."

I realized he was right. The last time he saw me, I was a curvy size 7 and weighed 118 pounds and now I stood before him weighing 279 pounds wearing size 26 pants- tightly. If I kept this up ... I was going to end up even bigger.

He asked me why I stopped running, I was a cross country athlete in high school and college. I had no answer. He asked me why I stopped dancing. I danced for 19 years and even got accepted to Julliard when I was 16 ... Again, no answer ... He asked me why I stopped tumbling. I was training for the Olympics last time he'd seen me and had won divisionals and regionals twice. Are you surprised that I had no reason or excuse?

He woke me up. I went from beautifully fit and healthy to what was classified as super-morbid obesity.

That is my motivation.
    I am shocked by this - I won't ask as you said you had no answers but it's good to see woke up and started to love yourself once more instead of destroying who you used to be.

For some illogical reason I convinced myself that part of my life was over ... I see now ... It didn't have to be.

I have gone from being winded walking in the supermarket to running a 10 minute mile. I have completed six 5k's this year and will do my first 15k in two weeks. I haven't gone back to ballet or tumbling yet ... Still a lot of size issues in the way for that. I have lost 66 pounds in 18 months and gone from a size 26 to a size 18.

This year was very special to me, I not only left the super-morbid obesity class behind, but I also left morbid obesity and obesity class II. I am still considered obese class I, but every day I am stronger, smaller, fitter ...

Thank you for posting this thread ... It helped me remember why I am here.
  • Everythin2Lose
    Options
    Main reason I started- I'm SO sick of comparing myself and being compared to my gorgeous tiny friends forEVER! I've always been the girl with awesome boobs and "cute" face when we go out........ I WANT TO BE THE HOTTY! And so help me, I will be!! Every drop of sweat, every aching muscle, every hour "wasted" at the gym, every binge avoided is worth the body I've never had! And the morning I wake up and see that flat stomach and toned arms and legs........ My dreams would of come true!

And now..... I feel like when i get to that "hot" body... my ex who dumped me is getting a quick pic just to remind him he is an IDIOT haha!- self-indulgent *high five to myself* lol
    *high five* I am sure he knows he is an idiot already

Nothing like losing 35kgs just to cement that though right? :wink: hehehe
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    I have the birthday as one of my best friends since pre-school ... I flew to Dallas to see him for the first time in 17 years last May.
    When I saw him, he looked the same, lean,fit,handsome,healthy ...
    When he saw me, he literally looked horrified and before either of us realized it he was holding me and crying and said
    "OMG, I didn't recognize you! You look like the fat girl that ate my Kimmy!"

I hurt when he said it, but worse, was when he clumsily tried to apologize and said "I'm sorry Cookie, it is just surprising to see two of you. I mean, to see you twice as big. I mean ... I'm sorry."

I realized he was right. The last time he saw me, I was a curvy size 7 and weighed 118 pounds and now I stood before him weighing 279 pounds wearing size 26 pants- tightly. If I kept this up ... I was going to end up even bigger.

He asked me why I stopped running, I was a cross country athlete in high school and college. I had no answer. He asked me why I stopped dancing. I danced for 19 years and even got accepted to Julliard when I was 16 ... Again, no answer ... He asked me why I stopped tumbling. I was training for the Olympics last time he'd seen me and had won divisionals and regionals twice. Are you surprised that I had no reason or excuse?

He woke me up. I went from beautifully fit and healthy to what was classified as super-morbid obesity.

That is my motivation.
    I am shocked by this - I won't ask as you said you had no answers but it's good to see woke up and started to love yourself once more instead of destroying who you used to be.

For some illogical reason I convinced myself that part of my life was over ... I see now ... It didn't have to be.

I have gone from being winded walking in the supermarket to running a 10 minute mile. I have completed six 5k's this year and will do my first 15k in two weeks. I haven't gone back to ballet or tumbling yet ... Still a lot of size issues in the way for that. I have lost 66 pounds in 18 months and gone from a size 26 to a size 18.

This year was very special to me, I not only left the super-morbid obesity class behind, but I also left morbid obesity and obesity class II. I am still considered obese class I, but every day I am stronger, smaller, fitter ...

Thank you for posting this thread ... It helped me remember why I am here.
    And thanks to you for sharing - I for one really feel motivated by your words!

I'm also a performer [Musical Theatre Student - actually college drop out] and since I dropped out I got depressed I could easily opt to eat and destroy myself but exercising has been the only thing that has made me happy for 8 months so I keep it as the only good thing of my day and look forward to it - I know I could've done it all wrong so knowing I did at least one thing right and that keeping it will get me back in track makes me feel great.

I am looking forward to you getting back those ballet slippers!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Honestly the real reason is because I hated no let me rephrase that I HATED myself and I wanted to so badly to love myself. It had nothing to do with health at first, but now it's health and to rock a bikini!

ETA:// My reasons still are semi selfish, because this is all about me and no one else. I am not doing it for my husband, I will admit that there are a few people I would love to see and be like "Yeah b***h look at me now!" but all and all I am happy now and I did this for my own happiness. I am that girl that I always wanted to be, took me to hit 30 to get to that point but I'm not dead so WOOT!
  • Javela
    Javela Posts: 134
    Options
    If I'm being honest, I need to look physically like I am in the same league as my wife. She deserves some eye candy at the house after 10 yrs
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to wear whatever I want without planning around certain body parts - and to look awesome naked

This AND my goal is a size 10. To me, that is just right...not too big, not too small. I want to be able to wear a short little dress that stops at my crotch :bigsmile:
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to wear whatever I want without planning around certain body parts - and to look awesome naked

This AND my goal is a size 10. To me, that is just right...not too big, not too small. I want to be able to wear a short little dress that stops at my crotch :bigsmile:

There's no reason not to wear one now. :D
  • LinaS1976
    LinaS1976 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Easy for me its my children. Im a 3 time cancer survivor (non hodgkins lymphoma) and i have 5 year old twin girls. I want to be around for when they graduate, get married, and have kids of their own. I want to be able to run around and keep up with them. I dont ever want my cancer to come back. I want to lose 20kgs all up (down 3 at the moment). My endocrinologist once said to me cancer feeds off fat cells. If you dont have fat cells then its harder for it to return. Ive done chemo twice and radiotherapy once as well as a round of IVF to preserve my fertility and there is no way in hell I will let it come nack. Three times is more than enough for me thank you.

Oh and to be vain i want to be able to wear a swinsuit with confidence and without boardies!!! And be in the 60kg mark.

Good luck all

Peace and pushups
    xoxoxox
  • RodSuarez
    Options

oh darling you got me a good picture in mind
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    Easy for me its my children. Im a 3 time cancer survivor (non hodgkins lymphoma) and i have 5 year old twin girls. I want to be around for when they graduate, get married, and have kids of their own. I want to be able to run around and keep up with them. I dont ever want my cancer to come back. I want to lose 20kgs all up (down 3 at the moment). My endocrinologist once said to me cancer feeds off fat cells. If you dont have fat cells then its harder for it to return. Ive done chemo twice and radiotherapy once as well as a round of IVF to preserve my fertility and there is no way in hell I will let it come nack. Three times is more than enough for me thank you.

Oh and to be vain i want to be able to wear a swinsuit with confidence and without boardies!!! And be in the 60kg mark.

Good luck all

Peace and pushups
    xoxoxox
    a fighter and a survivor! so proud of you!
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    Honestly the real reason is because I hated no let me rephrase that I HATED myself and I wanted to so badly to love myself. It had nothing to do with health at first, but now it's health and to rock a bikini!

ETA:// My reasons still are semi selfish, because this is all about me and no one else. I am not doing it for my husband, I will admit that there are a few people I would love to see and be like "Yeah b***h look at me now!" but all and all I am happy now and I did this for my own happiness. I am that girl that I always wanted to be, took me to hit 30 to get to that point but I'm not dead so WOOT!
    work it hot mama!
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    To not SUCK at bike racing.

Only reason.
  • rwhawkes
    rwhawkes Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Among other things, just prior to committing to do what it takes, some guy who I thought was a friend sent me an email that he thought was anonymous, and was outrageously rude calling me all kinds of four letter foul F words. Amongst them was "you are a big fat <expletive deleted>"

I am looking forward to having the opportunity see him in a year and tell him "hey look, I'm not a big fat anything any more but you are still a complete and utter dumba$$ loser"

I likely won't but it'd be nice to have the opportunity.
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    Among other things, just prior to committing to do what it takes, some guy who I thought was a friend sent me an email that he thought was anonymous, and was outrageously rude calling me all kinds of four letter foul F words. Amongst them was "you are a big fat <expletive deleted>"

I am looking forward to having the opportunity see him in a year and tell him "hey look, I'm not a big fat anything any more but you are still a complete and utter dumba$$ loser"

I likely won't but it'd be nice to have the opportunity.
    he is a dumba$$ loser anyway! and you don't need people like him in your life! so you go and keep this for your own good - he tried to made you feel bad and just made you stronger =)
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    This latest time it's because rude comments were said to me by a guy I was really interested in. Not happening again.