plain greek yogurt.. what do you put in it?

Options

Replies

• FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Love this-> 100g plain fat free greek yogurt, add 1/2 scoop of protein (sometimes vanilla other time chocolate), mix together and then add about 15 almonds. If you want it sweeter, I add 1 packet of stevia or agave nectar!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Ripen some bananas, peel them and put them in your freezer! Bananas are super sweet when ripe and delicious. I mainly make refrigerator oatmeal out of Greek Yogurt. There are a lot of recipes out there!
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Honey and shredded walnuts.
    Plain honey.
    Maple syrup.
    Fruits.
  • 00Melyanna00
    Options
    why not just eat a normal tasty yogurt...

I can answer this one: greek yogurt tastes better than "normal" yogurt. Greek yogurt with fresh ingredients, added right before eating it beats flavoured "normal" yogurt in taste and quality.
  • kclarkss
    kclarkss Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    slightly thawed blueberries
  • feistymoon
    Options
    Honey
    Dried Fruit or Trail Mix
    Stewed Berries (Throw some cherries, raspberries, blueberries, water and honey into a pan, simmer for ten mins) - serve warm yum yum :)
    cinnamon
    Grapes, peaches, fruit salad

I LOVE greek yoghurt, can you tell?!?!
  • ninjakowski
    Options
    cooked apple with a little cinammon.

frozen berries (frozen, thawed or heated)

or sliced banana and honey (I know you said you dont like honey but mmm this is my favourite).
  • lappleyoung
    lappleyoung Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I add frozen wild blueberries to my fat free plain greek yogurt every morning. It is great~ it is tough to miss it.
    I also like adding apples.
    The thought is that the yogurt takes on the flavor of the additive.
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    9 times out of 10, I put it in my mouth.
  • uk_angeldust
    uk_angeldust Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    honey and blueberries...I also add cinnamon... yum!
  • 00Melyanna00
    Options

Now you need to let us know what happens that one time out of ten... Or maybe we don't want to know. :D
  • WillowBreeze
    Options
    I defrost frozen berries so that there is juice from them to mix in & spread the sweet taste :)
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I still buy the plain fat free greek yogurt as my replacement for sour cream.

BUT, I recently stumbled on a fat free sweet cream greek yogurt (made by Astro) that is AMAZING. It's got just the right amount of sweetness for me, and still is lovely and thick and creamy and my new fave wtih any imagineable topping!
  • ChristinaG100
    ChristinaG100 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I use greek yogurt with tons of chopped garlic (from a jar) and red pepper flakes for a vege dip.
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options

Now you need to let us know what happens that one time out of ten... Or maybe we don't want to know. :D
    That's a totally different thread. Come to think about it, that's a totally different website.
  • libbymcbain
    libbymcbain Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Vanilla extract
    Lemon oil
    Rosewater
    Pomegranate seeds
  • Corjogo
    Corjogo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Maple syrup
  • natrgirl65
    Options
    I buy Crystal Light (raspberry, pomegranet, etc) and put about 1/2 packet into a cup/carton of greek yogurt.
    I find it actually quite good.
    Hope this helps.
  • jk262
    jk262 Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    I use it not only sweet wise. But other uses too such as to mellow out Chicken Tortilla Soup, and pretty much anything I would use sour cream on. It's fantastic!
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I have it with blueberries/grapes/any random fruit and my weetabix for breakfast, with mixed nuts/raisins for afternoon snack, with baked banana for pudding, mmm x