chocolate milk has blood in it...

Options
123457»

Replies

• beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    i heard from a few dairyland workers that chocolate milk has blood in it...

when they milk the cow, the start of it is nice and white so they use that as regular milk.. then when it gets to the end of milking a cow they get a bit of blood in it.. so instead of having a "strawberry milk".. lol.. they put chocolate in it and call it chocolate milk...

anyone hear this before?

yup. my brother worked for a dairy. All milk has blood and pus in it.

Your brother made it up. Probably just to gross you out.
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My dad is a dairy farmer and I've hooked more cows up to to the Surge machine more times than I can count. I think someone is telling you tall tales.

BTW, Cow tipping is an urban legend too.

Hahaha, I grew up rural, so I'll have to amend that statement ;)

Cow tipping as an activity is totally true (drunk idiots will try ANYTHING), it is SUCCESSFUL cow tipping that is the myth :)

Very true! I should have added that. Thanks for putting it that way. They may try it, but they aren't successful. :drinker:
  • RiotMTB
    RiotMTB Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have successfully tipped cows...but only if the service was great.
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Nah...Everyone knows the chocolate milk comes from the brown cows!

I knew it!!! LOL

Totally off topic, but I love your ticker. Just got off the Splendor less then a week ago. :happy:
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    BARF!!
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    True or not.. I'm glad I don't like chocolate milk, I get put off things easily :ohwell:
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    hahaha.. i don't.. mmmm bloody chocolate milk!...
  • DrJanet98
    DrJanet98 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My dad is a dairy farmer and I've hooked more cows up to to the Surge machine more times than I can count. I think someone is telling you tall tales.

BTW, Cow tipping is an urban legend too.
    Wouldn't it be a rural legend?
    Nope, 'cos the rural folks know it's hogwash. It's those city slickers who've never even touched a cow before who fall for that kind of tale. Hence, urban legend. :-)

And yes, successful cow tipping is bull.

<obVeterinarian>Even in corporate settings, it's not in the producer's best interests to let their cows get into any sort of condition that would have them bleeding while milking. The only reason they'd bleed would be if there were a problem with the machine, which would damage their udders and reduce the amount of milk they could produce, or if the cow were sick, in which case the neutrophil and/or bacteria counts could get the whole lot of milk thrown out, not just that individual cow's. Either way, it's in the producer's best interests as well as the cow's to fix the problem. </obVet>

(And yes, the commercials are true, happy cows give more and better milk!)
  • m4h3r
    m4h3r Posts: 1
    Options
    and by dairy industry you mean the guy at walmart selling you milk.
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Another reason my almond milk makes me happy..... :drinker:

How do you milk an almond? I didn't know they had nipples? :laugh:

"Greg, a cat has nipples. Can you milk a cat?"

lol:laugh:
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options

And then you may never drink milk again!! Many do not realize just how dirty fresh milk can be. A single cow means hand milking...even if everything else (equipment, udder, etc) are thoroughly cleaned, it still has to be filtered for hair at the very least.

Hand milked milk is really not as dirty as most people think. My BF's cousins each milk their own cows by hand AND drink fresh milk all the time. It's not dirty at all (they don't filter it and it has never had anything floating in it before). I must say that fresh milk is absolutely delicious though. :) Wish I had my own dairy cow...lol

On another note, I REALLY hope most people are joking here...the "certain amount of blood and pus is allowed in milk" is true (like the bugs and whatnot) but to believe everything else is ridiculous... I've worked at a dairy...it sure as hell isn't the cleanest place (luckily I worked at a fairly clean one, my friends once worked at one where they saw poop in the milk and straw and all other stuff, yuck)

I do enjoy the "chocolate milk comes from brown cows". :) Like brown eggs come from brown chickens...and brown eggs are much healthier than white eggs......
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Blood in steak, yum.
    Blood in milk, oh well.

Omnivore, all the way.