Best eating habit changes?

Options
13»

Replies

• lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Portion control!!!! Yesterday we had a pizza party at work. In the days of old I would either eat way too much pizza and use it as an excuse to totally blow of the whole day or not attend the pizza party and eat a salad alone. Learning portion control and moderation means I can enjoy a sensible portion, stay in my calories for the day and enjoy the party!!
  • nrspamela
    Options
    Wow thats really hard to do! Congrats! I recently watched forks over knives,it really made sense! I still eat meat but only on occasion , I think it's just the texture it adds to the meal that makes it hard to give up completely.
  • Tetonia
    Tetonia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Accountability. This is a lifestyle for me. Life happens, get back on track at the very next opportunity. So if I eat it, I log it and see how things smooth out over the week.
  • saamantha
    Options
    Portion control and looking at nutrition information. I was weighing my food religiously when I started, and it's crazy, realizing how much you were eating before.

I was never a huge pop or juice drinker, but drinking my calories is something I'll never do now. Give me some food and water or a cup of green tea and I'm set.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    1. Keeping track of what I eat.
    2. Drinking before and after meals but not with my food. In other words I eat less when I don't wash it down.