Who else has to work today? :(

Options

Replies

31993703 Posts: 1,144
    Options
    Wish I had a job :frown:

Instead I've been a freelance Graphic Designer for the past year or so.. Finding it really hard to get a job, it's like no one wants to employ me :cry: Haha, fingers crossed I get one soon.
    I could use an assistant.
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm at work, but I'm alone, and I'm in an office. Home is upstairs. Not too bad. And better than retail.
  • EmpressHollie
    EmpressHollie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am ... closing home loans unitl 5 or until i "SHUT DOWN"!! lol! oh well ;O
    Options
    ME! I work all day...sigh...
    Thanks for volunteering to keep me company.
  • NickDHussin
    Options
    I can at least be thankful for that. I'm glad I am not at Target or something....Time to play games on my iPad -.-
  • IamNhappy
    IamNhappy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I pretend to work, play angry birds, shuffle papers around :)

This is EXACTLY what I'm doing til Noon
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Lol! Stuck at work as well. Most of the office took leave today though...
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Started at 5 this morning. Work til 1. But JUST found out that I have to come back and do more work at 11:00 tonight. fml.
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options

Oh, oh! Sounds like a good idea! Kindle anyone??
  • QueenofTrauma
    QueenofTrauma Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm working all day...someone has to work the holiday season.
  • JennWeighZen
    JennWeighZen Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone! I'm at work... today is my daughter's 8th birthday, and she's stuck at daycare!
    We had a nice day yesterday, though... celebrated her birthday early and put up the Christmas tree.

Good thing I don't do black Friday shopping anyway. I'll try to stay positive and be thankful that I have a job...
    (pay no attention to my background grumbling.... grumble grumble) .....

:yawn:
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Wish I had a job :frown:

Instead I've been a freelance Graphic Designer for the past year or so.. Finding it really hard to get a job, it's like no one wants to employ me :cry: Haha, fingers crossed I get one soon.

Not to be negative...but how long have you been out of school? Did you do any internships? And (quite serious here) you really need to network. Best way to do it? Go to the hipster bar where all the people who have jobs go. Yes, I am serious.

At least that is how it works here in Pittsburgh. My fiance is a freelance Graphic Designer, too. But he's got too much artistic integrity...therefore, jobs for him are rough because he doesn't "fit" into a mold.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I like to beef up my MFP post count while I am at work, yeah I'm an over achiever :drinker:
    I've been waiting for you. <3

its not even a holiday for me lol
  • rrneal625
    rrneal625 Posts: 69 Member
    Options

Oh, oh! Sounds like a good idea! Kindle anyone??

My day between patients today....work computer (MFP), iPhone, Kindle Fire games / books / apps....down to 2.5 hours left......:bigsmile:
  • stellarcanicula
    stellarcanicula Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm only working until our deposit is picked up....and Brinks is taking their sweet ole time this morning. *kitten*.
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    ME! Came in at 6, work until 4. Just like yesterday. Just like I will on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Haven't had a day off in 12 days right now...whew!
    Starting to feel the affects of staying up til one and getting up at 4:40.
    Options
    its not even a holiday for me lol
    Well why the f not?
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I'm off, but would have rather worked. My office is closed but I had to use my "time off with pay" hrs anyway. Kind of sucks.
    Options
    ME! Came in at 6, work until 4. Just like yesterday. Just like I will on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Haven't had a day off in 12 days right now...whew!
    Starting to feel the affects of staying up til one and getting up at 4:40.
    Quit now!
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I think I'm the only one of my friends working today, haha. Ughhh