15 Months - 183 - 145 - with pics

Beckyloo80
Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
Hi everyone, just popped by to share my success story........

Aug 1 2011 I woke up and decided that I was sick of being fat, always feeling tired and unhealthy and this truly was the first day of the rest of my life. My Best Friend and I decided that we were going to get fit and healthy together, and thus began my journey.

oKMrI.jpg

This picture was taken June 5 2011 at a family wedding. this picture disgusts me. I was at my heaviest at a whopping 183 Lbs. I was unhappy with myself, I had no self esteem and a really bad body image issue. Started off 2 days a week at the gym, a month later vamped it up to 3 days, then a month later - 4 days a week, early mornings - 5 am. Cardio and weight training combined. I changed my diet, started tracking my calories and the weight just started coming off. I decided that 145 was my goal.

Of course there were a few speed bumps along the way - I hit a pretty bat plateau for about 3 months. Then I started the Body by Vi 90 Day challenge...... i ended up shedding another 13 Lbs and 4.5 inches. This brought me down to 153. That was May 2012. Now the weight was coming off slowly from then on. I was starting to get discouraged and frustrated. I felt like I was doing all the right things. Then a MFP buddy suggested I up my calorie intake...... so taking this advice, my weight started coming off again....... and then stalled at 149! That was in September.

Well I started insanity this week. Starting weight 147.2. I weighed in today (after a fit test and 4 Insanity workouts) and I am now officially 145.2 Lbs! I have FINALLY reached my goal! I almost cried. Not just because the Insanity workout killed me this morning, but because of working my butt off, I had finally accomplished my goal, one which I felt that I would NEVER reach.

I am posting this because I want you all to know that if I can do it, so can you! You need to keep motivated, and keep strong and never quite. We don't put weight on overnight, we can not expect it to come off over night.

Here is a picture I took this morning......

nov232012.jpg

Starting Stats:

Weight -183
Waist - 34
Hips - 39.5
Thigh - 23
Arm -12
Bust - 34

Today's stats:

Weight - 145
Waist - 29
Hips - 36.5
Thigh - 21.5
Arm - 11.5
Bust - 34 ( I know)

My life changed because I realized that working out stopped becoming work, and became my lifestyle!

Keep healthy and happy MFP friends!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!