want to keep my boobs

Options

Replies

• mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Everyone says that the boobs are one of the first things to go when losing weight. I'm a small B and wont be happy if I go back down to an A cup.

it just depends..
    im down 39 pounds now (lost FEW Just before mfp and 35 down now on mfp in 4 mo!) and I started at a 40 DD.. and am now at a 38 DD.. so just the 'number' got smaller :drinker:
    I have about 30 more pounds to loose and I suspect I will go down to a 36D by then..
    so one size and 2 number sizes...
    i workout a lot and weights too.. so idk if that helps/genetics or what..
    but my friend started out a 38 D and is down like 50 pounds and is barely a B cup now.. huge diff.. (her norm though is smaller chested.. and was only a D cuz she gained so much wt...
    bottom like is you are doing this for a wt loss goal and to feel good and health.. not for boobs.. and if your smaller then your boobs will look bigger no matter what.. even if they do shrink some :wink:
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Speaking as a guy, a fit and healthy woman is attractive regardless of breast size..... and furthermore, a natural breast with natural imperfections are far more attractive than the off the shelf fix-a-flat plastic ones.
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that.

LOLOL ^^This
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    You will go back to whatever you were when you were thin. Genetics. Sorry!
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    You can't choose where you lose from. My boobs don't really change, but I had this size before I ever gained weight.
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Depends on your body. When I lost 60 lbs previously (put it back on due to medication) I went from a 38DD to a 34E. So while my back got smaller my cup size actually increased. But as others have said, weigh up the difference of losing weight and losing boobs or staying overweight and keeping boobs. That's why they created gel bras, lol!

your cup size didn't increase. a 34E isn't the same size in the cup as a 38E. it's the same size (cup wise) as a 38D.

so you lost two bandsizes and one cupsize, which isn't a bad proportion, but is still smaller than the size of breast you started out with.

I went from a 38DD not a 38E. So by your logic my boobs stayed the same size. I know how bra sizing works as I'm a trained bra fitter and I also know my body. They got bigger and heavier. Even in the 38DD's that were too big on my back they were spilling out over the cups. And 34E is not a good proportion. It's a horrendous proportion that makes buying even the simplest clothes a complete nightmare. Gotta get the smallest size to fit my back but is then stretched across the boobs oh and of course the hips. 34E is not good.
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Cool story bro
  • TigressPat
    Options
    Depends on your body. When I lost 60 lbs previously (put it back on due to medication) I went from a 38DD to a 34E. So while my back got smaller my cup size actually increased. But as others have said, weigh up the difference of losing weight and losing boobs or staying overweight and keeping boobs. That's why they created gel bras, lol!

your cup size didn't increase. a 34E isn't the same size in the cup as a 38E. it's the same size (cup wise) as a 38D.

so you lost two bandsizes and one cupsize, which isn't a bad proportion, but is still smaller than the size of breast you started out with.

I went from a 38DD not a 38E. So by your logic my boobs stayed the same size. I know how bra sizing works as I'm a trained bra fitter and I also know my body. They got bigger and heavier. Even in the 38DD's that were too big on my back they were spilling out over the cups. And 34E is not a good proportion. It's a horrendous proportion that makes buying even the simplest clothes a complete nightmare. Gotta get the smallest size to fit my back but is then stretched across the boobs oh and of course the hips. 34E is not good.

An E is bigger than a DD, if you are a trained bra fitter you would know a 38DD =36E=34F in the cups
    in otherwords you LOST one cup size.

and if you hate your boobs, lower your body fat, they will go.

I personally don't think an E is huge, I'm a J.... It's all relative...
  • littlemeowmaid
    littlemeowmaid Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Me neither :( haha.
    If you're going to lose them, you're going to lose them, but if you're lucky you wont :D
    You just need to decide if it's more important to you that you lose weight everywhere or not lose weight and keep your boobs
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Sorry to say, the boobs will definitely go if you lose weight. I was very obese at 111kgs and my bra size was a 22DD, I have lost over 54kgs and now weigh in at 56.4kgs, and my boobs are now a 10B and even then they only need a B cup due to the excess skin of my boobs.

Unfortunately I don't believe you can have the best of both worlds :0( My husband is very disappointed needless to say and is now encouraging me to get a boob lift or implants.

Good luck!!
    Argh! Implants are VERY unhealthy and surgery is painful and risky (general anesthetic). Natural bio-identical progesterone cream is the healthy alternative. Many women gain a whole cup size (or more) from vaginally supplying a small amount of progesterone cream for three weeks out of every month. It does not cause weight gain because it actually increases the effectiveness of thyroid hormones.

I am confused..you put cream in your vajajay to increase your boob size?

Think about it---progesterone/estrogen is produced in abundance during pregnancy and what happens to a woman's breast size during pregnancy? But estrogen causes overall fat gain and progesterone causes fat to be deposited in breast tissue (that is why a woman loses breast density as she ages--she loses her progesterone supply even though she may have adequate levels of estrogen). Most women have too much estrogen for a lot of reasons (see my post above) and progesterone is such that the less you have, the less you will have. To increase progesterone production, it may be necessary to supply it for a time (should be supplied vaginally because it can build up in the skin of other areas of the body and cause problems.) The side effect will be an increase in breast size but progesterone will contribute to better overall health and breast health in particular. But just make sure that it is bio-identical progesterone cream (available at health food stores and pharmacies). That is very important---synthetic progestins (such as that administered in the birth control pill) will mess up your hormone balance. Two good brands that I know of are Kokoro and Evita.
  • WaltSeher
    Options
    I dont know bot anybody else, but I cant wait to lose my boobs!!
  • sstephanrodriguez
    sstephanrodriguez Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's that way for a lot of people, but I was 140.6 lbs when I started MFP. I'm now 124.8 and still wearing my 34DD bras. So... it's not necessarily true that the boobs are the first to go.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i never had boobs to begin with, i have been an a for as long as i can remember. i guess i never really had much fat there because i am down from 127 to 107 and they look the same lol. good luck though
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Speaking as a guy, a fit and healthy woman is attractive regardless of breast size..... and furthermore, a natural breast with natural imperfections are far more attractive than the off the shelf fix-a-flat plastic ones.

^ and this
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Everyone says that the boobs are one of the first things to go when losing weight. I'm a small B and wont be happy if I go back down to an A cup.

LOL it was not the first thing to go for me but I'm pretty much in the same boat and I'm really small now. You have no control over that. It really depends on how lean you want to get. It's really not a problem for me because my husband is happy with me and does not want me to get surgery like most women do now. It's a common procedure, but I don't want to do it because I am older and I don't want to waste my time recovering from surgery and taking my time away from the gym. I only have some many days left and my life is half over. Padded bras work great for me. Plus I like being athletic and don't want them getting the way, and also having the implants would not be so great for one of the jobs I do.

You will have to decide what your priority is: Leaving more overall fat so you still have them or getting as lean as you want and having to look at the other options.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Well, you need to decide what is important to you. You can always buy boobs if you decide you don't like the smaller set. I got used to them and fit my frame pretty good IMO.
  • babycakes1970
    babycakes1970 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I started off with 100 or so pounds to lose and I was a 42D. I am down 70 pounds now and am a B. I still have about 25-30 more pounds to lose and I am hoping it will be in my abs, thighs and hips. When I was slim and younger I was a 34 B and that close to what I am now so I do not think I will get much lower.I will take being an A over being an obese D anyday though.
  • MissDevin
    MissDevin Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'm a pound away from being 30 pounds lost so far and I went from a 38DD to a 38DDD.
    I might add that I have an unusually large ribcage lol.
  • fitnessgal1985
    fitnessgal1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I recommend you mainly lose the weight you need to lose. If your breasts get smaller go to a doctor see what he/she suggests.

I personally think that I don't need huge breasts if I nice toned and muscular body. I actually can't wait for my chest to shrink more. It's difficult finding plus size clothes already without having to look for a plus size bra.

Btw my tire and foot fat were first to go. Lol. I can fit into a size 7 again!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I feel so lucky right now :) My boobs were the 1st to come and Im guessing they will be last to go! I was born to have a big chest always. I have gone from 42DDD to 38D. Which I am incredibly happy with. I still have lots to go - but regardless, Ill still have boobs by the time I hit maintenance.