30 Day Shred-J. Michaels-anyone interested?

Options

Replies

• LiveTheLifeYouWillLove
    Options
    I don't know when to move on but perhaps her website will tell more?: www.jillianmichaels.com Looks like she's got some other handy tools on there as well.
  • sp98
    sp98 Posts: 46
    Options
    I am on level 1 day 4 today and loving it...feel free to add me ;-)
  • cailinlowe
    cailinlowe Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I don't know when to move on but perhaps her website will tell more?: www.jillianmichaels.com Looks like she's got some other handy tools on there as well.

its the 30 Day Shred.. there are 3 levels. 10 days on each level.

But if you're still struggling with a level at the end of the 10 days, stick with it a few extra days. but i guarantee you will notice your endurance get so much better after just 5-6 days!
  • kate216
    Options
    i am going to start this as soon as my friend mails it to me! :)
  • annieissocool
    Options
    I actually JUST ordered it from Amazon! I will do it with you when it comes in. Should be a week or less!
  • Fatz1983
    Fatz1983 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Diff interested been putting it off due to lack of motivation. Hopefully the accountability to mfp team will push me.
  • annieissocool
    Options
    I'm trying to lose "baby weight" to. Its a strange beast! Especially when you have to workout with toddlers running around you!

I looked up Zumba dance videos on YouTube last night. My 3 year old was doing the dance with me.. for about 5 minutes.. but still I was like this could be a new game for her... but maybe not! haha
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I finished level one a few days ago, but taking a break now due to hurting knees. I'll start level 2 soon and cheer you all on. It's tough, but I've lost 5.5 pounds just on level 1! Go for it!
  • longpod1970
    longpod1970 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hell yes, count me in - am on L1 D4 and loving it!! This is my first time on the website as been using app on my phone but would be great to have some support. Only have 5lbs left to lose but boy o boy is it hard to shift!!
  • gaveupheart
    gaveupheart Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    starting it sometime this week! probably wednesday. how many lb weights are we supposed to use? 3lbs? 5lbs?
  • LiveTheLifeYouWillLove
    Options
    Everyone says don't worry about weight gain at the beginning of a new workout regime because its likely that you are gaining muscle! Ultimately the muscle will help you lose weight easier. Keep up the good work!
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I have the DVD but have only tried it a couple of times. So, count me in. Shall we use this thread to check in?
  • LiveTheLifeYouWillLove
    Options
    I think you can use whichever weights you are comfortable with. There were a couple of movements that I had to put my weights down for a rep. She says somewhere in the video to step it up when you are able rather than over do it and cause injury.
  • LiveTheLifeYouWillLove
    Options
    I'm checking the thread but when we log our workouts it also shows up in our feed so I'm checking in with people that way as well. I made my own exercise and titled it "30 Day Shred" so when I log my workouts it shows to all my friends.
  • Lani1976
    Options
    I'm in :) First time ever getting in on this but I have seen it pop up a lot!

I started this morning with Day 1... You Tube/Laptop... OMG Push ups i'm so weak LOL!!! All in all I didn't think it was too bad but I bet i'll be feeling it tomorrow... (It doesn't help my hand weights are 4kg so I need to go get some lighter ones - til i get stronger!).

I'm going to keep doing my other workouts as well but make this one the priority. I figured if I join in here it will make me think twice about missing a day.

I didn't know how to log it so I put general aerobics 20min?
  • LiveTheLifeYouWillLove
    Options
    I found Jillians calculations to find your calorie burn. She says multiply your weight in lbs x 3.267. Then divide by 3 and that is your amount of calories burned. Mine works out to be 185 so I made my own exercise and titled in 30 Day Shred so I can reuse it. The other way to do this is to purchase a Heart Rate Monitor. I haven't done that so I'm using Jillian's calculation. Hope that helps!
  • ajmizzou
    ajmizzou Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm new to the boards and ready to get back in shape. It would be really great to lose a bit of weight prior to Christmas. But my main concern is toning up. I have to get back into working out a.s.a.p.!
  • xLaurenex
    xLaurenex Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm looking to start the 30 day shred on Wednesday. I'm actually really looking forward to starting... And finishing. Lauren
  • keenmorg
    keenmorg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A few of us at work do jillians videos. We could use the motivation as well. Have not been working out as much as we used to.
  • qteecurlz
    qteecurlz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i am using 3 pound weights