Share your NSV (Non-Scale Victory) of the day! 11/15/12

Options
12346»

Replies

• wheldar
    Options
    After I met with a client for 2.5 hours, it was almost 1pm and I thought, 'heck, let me just find some healthy fast food'. I realized what I said and made it back home where I ate lite tuna in water with lite mayo instead. Might not be much, but I can see my mind is beginning to get this. Small win for bigger results. Just hope I can do this more often.

Just reading so many of the above posts, I have faith that if I stay on track, I will have a story or two to tell in the future. Y'all are very inspiring to this 'newbie'. Thanks for the positive reinforcement.

Getting a new scale with a body mass analizer tomorrow. Since I started, I stood on the scale once to get my beginning weight...and then the scale broke...it was funny to me and made me feel like I need to do this right so I do not break another scale...HA!
  • MonsterToBe
    MonsterToBe Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    So last week I bought new jeans, and had to get them in the "normal people" section instead of Plus... and that made me decide to go to the Closet-Of-Things-Too-Small and sure enough, I could pull out a bunch of things that suddenly fit! But all that is just the prelude to the real NSV here. I was trying things on and felt blown away by what I saw. I said to my husband, "I look great! I know the scale has been going down and all, but this is the first time I've been able to see the change in body shape. I mean, I look at myself every day, you know?"

He said, "Seriously!? I look at you every day too, and I can see it just fine. You look fantastic."

... That was two days ago, and I'm still glowing!!!!
  • nopudgepoot
    nopudgepoot Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My co-workers wanted to get breakfast burritos this morning, but I decided to make myself a healthy smoothie instead :)
  • torrini
    torrini Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Went running today for the second time in my life :D It felt much easier, too!
  • Sondrasr
    Options
    Mine happened last night. I am getting ready for m 20 year high school reunion and I put on a shirt I haven't worn in 6 years since my daughter was Ron and it fit and was a little loose. As I am doing final check going out the door( yes I was a little nervous) I notice something hanging under my arm. It was the pull to the zipper on the side. I didn't even have to use the zipper to get the shirt on and off. Thats huge in my book.

I love reading these. Keep up the great work everyone.
  • lalala06
    lalala06 Posts: 153
    Options
    my track pants almost flew off while doing butt kicks during the 30 day shred today! :ohwell:
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I was eating healthy and low-cal through the day until I was invited to "board game night" at my friend's house. Now this friend of mine has a baking/chocolate business and tends to have treats lying all over the house -OR- she serves & asks me to test chocolates she makes. Knowing I would be tempted, I drank a soymilk, dessert-tofu & peanut butter smoothie before hand so I would be full of protein & won't cheat.

WELL... she had a tray set out for everyone consisting of Doritoz, giant-sized soft oreo cookies she made and marshmallow/brownie/walnut cookies. I tried to only have a few, and failed... I ate. About 1.5 bowls of Doritos and 12 cookies. When I got home, I felt guilty because I already had my "cheat meal" of the week the day before, so...

I hopped on the recumbent bike for 79mins and burned 1,030 calories tonight :D
  • chrissyb1985
    chrissyb1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Today I put on a pair of jeans I havent worn in 2 years and They are 2 sizes smaller than what I have been wearing!
  • thinking_thinly
    thinking_thinly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I walked 4 miles up a 12% incline today. :D That figures out to be about 6 miles if it was on flat ground!
  • cathyc15
    cathyc15 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I didn't have the best day food wise yesterday but instead of jumping off the bandwagon as usual and just 'starting again on Monday' I kept a positive attitude and started fresh this morning by and doubling my running time :) great way to start off my day and show myself that I am stronger than my food addictions and negative emotions :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!