Would you give up if you had my body?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Lose the weight the right way and you wont have too much trouble.
    Vitamin A and K also help.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I'd focus on the achievements of having great health.

Here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/805169-our-flaws-are-magnificent
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    WHAT? GIVE UP? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!! Keep pushing and working at it. I've have a C-Section, Gallbadder Surgery(at a time when they were doing the real surgery-the long cut). I'm not giving up. I feel like a new person now. Give up? for what? Stop being weak. Work it out!!! Also, get a pair of Spanx and keep working at it. They are a life saver for me ROFL
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I say who cares about stretch marks....I have them on my boobs.....yuck....but I had my boobs reduced and now they are awesome...even with the stretch marks.....
  • 3shirts
    3shirts Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this is repeating anyone (only skimmed the thread) but two points:

1) How you look is only a part of losing weight. The benefits to your health are far more significant
    2) Try Bio Oil. I used it every day for 6 months on a scar on my hand and the improvement was very noticeable. I have started using it on a few minor stretch marks I am seeing from losing a bit of weight too. It's good stuff.
  • evilmonkee
    evilmonkee Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    1) How you look is only a part of losing weight. The benefits to your health are far more significant
    ^^^^^
    THIS
    I don't have kids, so I can't comment on stretchmarks from pregnancy, but I can vouch for the importance of having a strong core. Weight lifting, sensible amount of cardio, and compound exercises that also target your core (planks, deadlifts, Kbell swings) do wonders to improve your posture, they help improve your posture, and in the long run they reduce the probability of falling and breaking bones. Definitely do not give up on exercising!!!
    Your skin will get better as you lose weight, and your stomach will shrink, but you will also become much healthier.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Focus on the positive. They will fade in a year or two and you will still reap the rewards of being fit, healthy, and toned.

Stretch marks are nothing compared to heart disease, cancer risk, and feeling winded every day.
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    There's always going to be something discouraging. If I quit for every thing that won't or might not improve with weight loss, I'd have never gotten out of the gates. My stomach may never be perfect and I might always have stretch marks on my lady bits [oh yeah, those *kitten* got everything], but losing the weight will help with my back pain, breathing trouble, risk of diabetes, and the rate at which my muscular disease will progress. At the end of the day, the guaranteed benefits of doing something about it far outweigh the promise of nothing at all changing if I don't try.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    why? I don't see anything wrong with you. I have always been big, but never got stretch marks till I got pregnant. I thought it was the end of the world. thought about being a smart *kitten* and getting hell tattooed on my stomach so the stretch marks could be flames. but someone told me to think of it as a tigress earning her stripes. I don't know if you got yours from having kids. my sister always had them too. if they bother you that much, try bio oil. I haven't tried it yet, but a friend at work was using it for hers and they faded pretty nicely.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    What you see when you look in the mirror is normal. You are still beautiful, although it may be a different sort of beauty from the fake photoshopped beauty that is shoved down our throats. You are not a two-dimensional airbrushed image...but a real live WOMAN, who has lived and loved and given until it hurts. And your body is worth caring for.
    I understand how you feel right now. I have had six children myself, and in a few short weeks, I will once again be doing damage assessment and tending to my battle scars. :wink: But I've learned that it is possible to look good and feel good about myself again, and I will just keep reminding myself of that. Time will fade those stretch marks into barely noticeable "tigress stripes". Feeding myself well with whole, healthy foods and doing some cardio will help melt away the cushioning that is sustaining the sweet little one and myself during this growing time. Picking up some heavy weights and doing some core exercises (planks!) will make those muscles not only strong but defined. After baby #6, I found that I felt stronger and more energetic than ever...and along with that, I was quite happy with my smokin' new body. You can feel that way about yourself, too, if you are willing to put in the time and effort to take care of yourself.
    Never give up on yourself!
  • Steellotus
    Steellotus Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Goddamn-Tiger.jpg

In short? Get over it. Stretchmarks happen to -almost- every mom. The world is NOT ending.
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    dont give up! you can tone and feel healthier. nothing will get rid of stretch marks its natural when you have had kids! mine are horrendous and trust me my tummy is far far worse you could tone a lot! my doc already told me id need a bloody tuck ouch. it really is not as bad as you are thinking, we are our own worst enemy! x
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Don't know if it has already been said but try Bio Oil on the stretch marks and drinking plenty of water, I've noticed huge improvements doing this and I still have a long way to go
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    You know, I have view about life in general and when people try to reach their goals. I believe that whether you want to "give up" or not and you feel like your goal is too big to achieve you'll always be on your journey. If you don't exercise for a year, your still on your journey, if you eat like crap for a week, your still on your journey. They are just detours in that long road to your goals and its not a choice, its part of your life. You may not make the right choices or feel unmotivated sometimes but it doesn't change the fact that your still growing and learning your whole life and thats unstoppable no matter how hard you try to fight it... Its all part of the process.

So when I see "should I just give up because my body looks like this"? Its a big Hellz no! The stretch marks will fade, the skin will tighten, the fat will vanish and the muscles will grow if you put the work in. If you don't, well, its just postpone for a later time.
    Giving up is not an option.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Goddamn-Tiger.jpg

This! This is exactly right
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!