What's your small NSV

Options
Yes, the scales keep going down. And it's great!! But the NSV seem to mean the most to me. I had to have 3 links taken out of my watch. (they are double links...one up link and one down link) I was so excited last night when hubby removed them. Its things like that which show me YEA I am losing weight. Told hubby he had better get ready, it won't be long I will need my wedding ring re-sized!

What's your NSV?

Replies

• Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I reached my first goal!!!!since starting here. 1st goal was to be off my blood preasure medication by my Birthday. Today is my birthday Dr. Said, we can start taking me off my blood preasure medication.Now I can focus on my 2nd goal, to be in Onederland.
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Brilliant NSV!

I have two today:

1. I now have to take my wedding ring off when I swim as when my fingers are cold it is loose and I worry about it flying off into the depths of the pool.

2. I just took delivery of my new running gear (ready for C25k). I was expecting to look awful in clothes that were that clingy, but I actually look pretty good. In fact, my 8 year old said I looked "awesome" :bigsmile:
  • GrannySparkle
    GrannySparkle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I reached my first goal!!!!since starting here. 1st goal was to be off my blood preasure medication by my Birthday. Today is my birthday Dr. Said, we can start taking me off my blood preasure medication.Now I can focus on my 2nd goal, to be in Onederland.

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Congrats on coming off your blood pressure meds. I am now off my blood pressure meds and my diabetic meds. So I know the feeling well. It's great to know there are 2 less things that will put me in an early grave.

Good luck hiting Onderland. That is my next goal too. I have made my goals, 10 pounds at a time. I just got under 210 today...209 so the next goal is 199 Onederland. Plus when I met my hubby (12 years ago) I was 198. I am not only looking for Onederland but being smaller then I was when I met my hubby. Oh and in through there I will hit 100 pounds lost...so another happy day coming real soon.
  • GrannySparkle
    Options
    Brilliant NSV!

I have two today:

1. I now have to take my wedding ring off when I swim as when my fingers are cold it is loose and I worry about it flying off into the depths of the pool.

2. I just took delivery of my new running gear (ready for C25k). I was expecting to look awful in clothes that were that clingy, but I actually look pretty good. In fact, my 8 year old said I looked "awesome" :bigsmile:

Congrats. My wedding band is real loose. I don't swim but I bet I would have the same issue. I told hubby, I am not having my ring re-sized till I get to my goal. But I also don't want to loss it. So I know I am going to get the yarn out and wrap my ring so I don't loss it.

Isn't it great when people notice your weight loss. And it was your 8 year old!!! They don't usually notice things like that. I was asked at the bowling alley last night "how much weight have you lost?" It gets me every time. People are noticing my hard work!!
  • mackzaj
    Options
    Last night, my neighbour Jen, who I don't see often, was outside when I went to let me dog out. She and her boyfriend got engaged and she showed me her ring. Then she said, "wait, there's something different about your...face. OMG, YOU'VE LOST A TONNE OF WEIGHT!!"
  • FullOfWinToo
    Options
    My next NSV will be living my new lifestyle during the holidays and not take an entire month off as a special occasion.
  • GrannySparkle
    Options
    Last night, my neighbour Jen, who I don't see often, was outside when I went to let me dog out. She and her boyfriend got engaged and she showed me her ring. Then she said, "wait, there's something different about your...face. OMG, YOU'VE LOST A TONNE OF WEIGHT!!"

Oh I know that felt soooo good. Congrats!!
  • GrannySparkle
    Options
    My next NSV will be living my new lifestyle during the holidays and not take an entire month off as a special occasion.

It can be done!! I heard so many people dreading Thanksgiving and wondered if these people planned to never enjoy the holidays again. Yes, it is very possible to enjoy the holidays and not gain weigh. As you said it is a lifestyle change and you can enjoy the holidays!! During the holidays there are lots of foods that are high in calories, sugar, carbs and fat. But you can make smart decisions.

Good luck...I know you can do it.
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Buying sweatshirts from Aeropostale thinking there's no way that they would fit and even while putting my arms into the sweater while putting it on only to find out that it DOES fit, and quite well. I'm still pretty shocked when going to buy clothes at what sizes I can fit into...and I'm not doing losing so it'll just get better.

Good for you all for all of your NSVs, they are all wonderful!!
  • GrannySparkle
    Options
    Buying sweatshirts from Aeropostale thinking there's no way that they would fit and even while putting my arms into the sweater while putting it on only to find out that it DOES fit, and quite well. I'm still pretty shocked when going to buy clothes at what sizes I can fit into...and I'm not doing losing so it'll just get better.

Good for you all for all of your NSVs, they are all wonderful!!

Congrats!! Smaller size clothes feel SOOOO good.
  • sweetgrasswoman
    sweetgrasswoman Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I went Black Friday shoppin & usually hate buying clothes for myself (I refused to buy bigger clothes since the beginning of the year). But I desperately needed new clothes LOL. I was in the dressing room tryin on jeans, I lost two sizes in my waist! I tried on sweaters in XXL they were too big, XL was still too big, I bought a Medium & it fit perfect! & Im not fighting myself to squeeze into them Lmao
  • michelle0989
    michelle0989 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    my work pants have metal clasps on them... 3 months ago they were being bent just so i could fasten my pants. on my walk in today, i had to keep pulling those same pants up because they wouldn't stay around my waist. love NSVs!!!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    fitting back into a size 0
  • GrannySparkle
    Options
    I went Black Friday shoppin & usually hate buying clothes for myself (I refused to buy bigger clothes since the beginning of the year). But I desperately needed new clothes LOL. I was in the dressing room tryin on jeans, I lost two sizes in my waist! I tried on sweaters in XXL they were too big, XL was still too big, I bought a Medium & it fit perfect! & Im not fighting myself to squeeze into them Lmao

Great!!!! A medium top...I don't think I have ever worn a medium. Congrats
  • cal_73
    cal_73 Posts: 77
    Options
    Getting more smiles from ladies :)
  • GrannySparkle
    Options
    my work pants have metal clasps on them... 3 months ago they were being bent just so i could fasten my pants. on my walk in today, i had to keep pulling those same pants up because they wouldn't stay around my waist. love NSVs!!!

WooHoo!! Congrats
  • GrannySparkle
    Options

I don't think I was ever in a size 0. Are clothes hard to find in that size?
  • GrannySparkle
    Options
    Getting more smiles from ladies :)

I have just one thing to say... :wink:
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a pair of size 14 jeans. Havent been this size since I was 10yrs old.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options

I don't think I was ever in a size 0. Are clothes hard to find in that size?

they can be, i don't like going to all those hip stores and spending madd money for a pair of pants lol. i can find them in consignment shops, if not them i get the largest size from the girls section lol. i hate buying clothes but some of my pants, even with a belt are getting wayyyy to saggy and weird
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!