If you start your Jillian Michaels 30 Day DVD today...

Options

Replies

• ma_oeuvre
    Options
    Awesome, good luck everyone! Such good motivation to stick with it to finish on New Year's Eve: it'll get 2013 off to a flying start! :)
  • demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I just did day 1 and I'm going to need a much better bra if I don't want to get a concussion from my flying boobs during jumping jacks. For some reason my heart rate monitor stopped half way through so I will log it as circuit today. . Feel free to add me as a friend as we suffer together.
  • cat_s85
    cat_s85 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this, I started today too! Hoping to see some small results in the run up to Christmas!
  • ma_oeuvre
    Options
    Me too. I lose weight super slowly, but I think I'm losing inches so it's all good :)
  • mleparton
    Options
    Count me in also! I just started today...level 1 day 1. I saw a post on here from her website that allows you to figure calories burned. Take your weight and multiply it by 3.267 that is how many calories you will burn in a hour, so take that number and divide it by 3 (20min) and you have your calories burned! I just logged it as 30 day shred and put in my calorie amount. Hoping to get a hrm sometime soon that way I can track my calories better! Good luck all and feel free to add me! :)
  • RetroSnowflake
    Options
    I was planning on starting on December 1st but screw it, I'll start tomorrow (well technically today). This will be my second time restarting, and fingers crossed I'll be able to stick to it.
  • mamaDaisyJ
    Options
    I'm in. Will start tonight, but will gradually move toward a morning routine. I used to have an HRM, but battery died since I quit trying. (just got back yesterday). I will prolly use my previous entries on MFP to log.
    Here's to a happy New Year :drinker:
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    So I did her yoga melt down today.

Why?
    I injured myself somehow running... My foot is all screwed up and it has royally messed up my hip/knee on that side.
    But I wasn't going to just NOT do anything. Especially since I'm supposed to do a 10 k tomorrow >.< (it's for a class for a grade.. ugh. Can't get out of it. Might be a lot of walking on this end)

So yeah. Good luck every one! I'm just happy I did work out!!
  • mamaDaisyJ
    Options
    I just did day 1 and I'm going to need a much better bra if I don't want to get a concussion from my flying boobs during jumping jacks. For some reason my heart rate monitor stopped half way through so I will log it as circuit today. . Feel free to add me as a friend as we suffer together.

I sometimes wear two :embarassed:
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    i did it before but never finished, i will be in for the 30 ds. my ripped in 30 one is still at my dads place from when i moved out.

30ds hoorah!
  • demilade
    Options
    Day one done. Had to modify the jumping jacks for fear of concussing myself with my flying boobs. Also had to do the second set without the hand weights becuase my arms were about to drop off, but otherwise good.

So here are day ones stats
    Weight 119.5
    Bust 129.5
    Waist 117
    Hips 139.5
    Burned 480 calories

I'm hoping to build some muscle and loose a dress size by boxing day which is the last day.
  • xNJAx
    xNJAx Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I've read that the 30 minute routine burns around 230-250 calories. Not sure how accurate that is as it depends on so many factors. I'm thinking of investing in a monitor to more accurately track the calories burned.

I wish! I only burned 68 calories this morning and last time around I only burned 98. I have no idea why I burn so little because I mostly do the advanced versions of the exercises and I'm out of breath and dripping with sweat every time. I burn far more going for a half hour run! :( It may be time to get a new HRM, just in case. ;)

I think I'll move straight on to level 2 tomorrow and see if that makes a difference to the calorie burn.
  • melissarina
    melissarina Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I started on Sunday, and I'm really enjoying it. What weights does everyone use? I'm using 2.5 kg dumbbells, but I'm finding them too easy, so thinking about going up to 5kg.

From a calorie point of view
    Day 1 - 471
    Day 2 - 456
    Day 3 - 339

I'll only be doing 30DS 5x per week, as I'm also doing pilates 2x per week and training with a personal trainer 2x a week

Feel free to add me and we can get through it together :)
  • ma_oeuvre
    Options
    2.5kg weights too easy?! Gosh, you must be strong! I'm using 2.5 - really difficult, but I think getting easier. I do think they'll be more productive in the end than me going for my lighter dumbbells :)
  • Em_runs_away
    Em_runs_away Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm in, thanks for giving me the motivation to dust the dvd off!
  • jsjaclark
    Options
    I started on Sunday, and I'm really enjoying it. What weights does everyone use? I'm using 2.5 kg dumbbells, but I'm finding them too easy, so thinking about going up to 5kg.

I am using 8 lb (roughly 3.5kg) for most although there are a few exercises (circuit 2 of level 1) where I grab the 10 lb weights.

I did Day 1 - level 1 of RI30. I also did 6W6P along with it and am going to alternate RI30 and Killer Buns & Thighs.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 2, level 1. My legs were like rubber after Day 1, so I took it a little easier today( didn't go as deep on the legs), but was able to do more than I thought. I will be at this level for 2 weeks at least. My stamina through the jumping exercises was better today. I still had to pause the video to catch my breath but I finished in 30 minutes v. 40 minutes yesterday. Good luck to everyone!
  • sanifr
    sanifr Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I am on day 8 of level 1 and I have already seen results. Count me in for sure. I am looking to be under 200lbs by Jan 1st. CW 213.
    Feel free to add me. Always looking for new friends. Good luck to all of us.
  • demilade
    Options
    My thighs are killing from day 1 yesterday but im heading home now to do it again. My toddler has turned into a personal trainer and every morning she asks when we are doing our exercises. She will be on me as soon as i get home, and while im sweating and groaning she will be watching from the couch with a snack. :)