Boooo me if you want to!!

Options
I am so sick of people assuming and writing nasty blogs about people who eat under 1200 calories a day.. You don't know for 1.. Any underlying issue or reason for this.. Many people here are preparing for weight loss surgery, or have had it and are on restricted diets below 1200 calories because their Dr's have them on restricted diets... It's hard and a sacrifice and is obviously safe if Dr's from Centers of Excellence have people on these types of diet restrictions.. Just so sick of people bashing people and you don't have any idea what their circumstances are... Who are you to judge really? Ignorance just make me sit here and feel bad for the uneducated people that have the nerve to attack a certain group of people. Ok I'm done.. That's my 2 cents and booo me if you want!

Replies

• foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I am so sick of people assuming and writing nasty blogs about people who eat under 1200 calories a day.. You don't know for 1.. Any underlying issue or reason for this.. Many people here are preparing for weight loss surgery, or have had it and are on restricted diets below 1200 calories because their Dr's have them on restricted diets... It's hard and a sacrifice and is obviously safe if Dr's from Centers of Excellence have people on these types of diet restrictions.. Just so sick of people bashing people and you don't have any idea what their circumstances are... Who are you to judge really? Ignorance just make me sit here and feel bad for the uneducated people that have the nerve to attack a certain group of people. Ok I'm done.. That's my 2 cents and booo me if you want!

I just have one request. Could we please not do this again. I challenge all to ignore and let this die a quiet death. Yesterday's battle was too much! Let us not go here again!!
  • MizzTweezy
    MizzTweezy Posts: 250 Member
    Options

I just have one request. Could we please not do this again. I challenge all to ignore and let this die a quiet death. Yesterday's battle was too much! Let us not go here again!!

I have no idea what you are talking about.. I must of missed that one
  • flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am so sick of people assuming and writing nasty blogs about people who eat under 1200 calories a day..

Many people here are preparing for weight loss surgery, or have had it and are on restricted diets below 1200 calories because their Dr's have them on restricted diets...

Sorry fellas.

No one has issue with a Dr. putting a person on that strict a diet for a short period of time... because the short term risks are outweighed by the long term risks of NOT having the surgery.

The rub lies with you and many others promoting it as a "safe" plan for anyone.... you are not Dr.'s, nor are you under the direct supervision of a Dr., and I'm relatively sure you didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night. If you are 4'6 and 90lbs it might be just fine, but most people we are talking about are far from that.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Boooo.

you are talking about the minority.
    most of the people that are undereating are doing it on their own
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I can blog about anything I want to.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

^^THIS^^ Just stop beating a dead horse.
  • RubyRed8067
    Options
    So, because someone expresses their opinion on the amount of calories you take in, that makes them "uneducated"? Hmmm :ohwell: :indifferent:
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lzqeggde3D1qfohxz.gif
  • RubyRed8067
    Options
    This is from OP's site

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

"I had lap band surgery in June 2011. I don't think that my surgery was the complete answer to my issues, although it helps me from over eating, I am a food addict, and I will live with this for the rest of my life and continue to fight the addiction, and the only thing that can make me healthier is ME."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THAT is the reason she's on restricted diet maybe?? Hmmm
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    You might need a cookie.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Boo Hiss... I will blog about whatever I want, its the great thing about the internet.

I do not think unless there is some medical reason that one needs to eat under 1000 calories.. .and even those on VLCD's are under supervision and they do not continue to eat that way after their surgery or w/e.

And don't throw the "i am small therefore I need less food crap" I am small - like super small fit in your pocket and until i upped my calories i stayed the same or gained weight. 1200 calories works for so long and then stops.
  • larnsperger
    larnsperger Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Some people on here find it their God given right to expound on lots of subjects here. Especially 1200 calories or below eaters. You just have to ignore the "haters" and the "know it all's" they are everywhere. Just go about your plan your way.

What I find so interesting is that years ago people ate at minimal levels. Of course obesity wasn't the problem that it is now. There was no junk food and restaurants were a treat. Somehow we were healthier and people obviously lived through it as a human race because we are all still here. There are lots of areas of the world that do not eat enormous amounts of food consisting of high calorie and high fat diets. My grandmother lived until almost 101, she died last September . Doubt she ever consumed more than 1200 calories a day her entire life.

Everyone just needs to find what works for them and preface their advice with "this is what worked for me". That doesn't make it gospel.
  • liviilooseweight
    liviilooseweight Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm with you girl! I eat 1,000 cals a day! I feel fine!
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

If this is all you have to worry about I say you live a gifted life...other wise, why give a flying flip what people on a message board post?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    So OP, please tell us more about this group of people you're bashing. I'd love to hear more about the many ways you believe they're wrong.

Anyone else see the irony?
  • Doodlewhopper
    Options
    You might need a cookie.

I like the way you think. lol
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    The ones who get the "harsh" "uneducated" opinions are the ones who post like this:
    "HELP!! I'm at a plateau, I'm eating 1100 every day and doing the 30 day shred, what am I doing wrong?!"
  • Doodlewhopper
    Options
    Anyone else see the irony?

Thats it. No cookie for you!:laugh:
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Aw guys.. can't we just get along?

Ili0sXYkD0-i1G2ZuedPrA2.jpg
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about eating below 1200 calories, but I find it irritating when people trash 1200 calorie diets on here when that is in fact the number that the application actually gives to a lot of women. Just to lose 0.6 pounds a week, I was given 1200 calories. It's irritating when people on here accuse me of starving myself and say that I will lose my hair because I follow the advice the way the actual wesite set it for me. My hair is still just fine after around 7 months of doing this btw.
This discussion has been closed.