30 day shred before&after

Options
pattiFM
pattiFM Posts: 45 Member
After a few attempts and failures at doing Jillian's 30 day shred.. I’m so excited that I finally stuck with it and finished it! I didn’t do it in 30 days - it took me about 45. There were days when I literally had to force myself to do it. There were days that I skipped it. But, the shred + clean eating + some cardio seemed to work for me.. I got results!

Final shred stats:

Shred SW: 235
Shred GW: 225
CW: 223

I met and exceeded my goal! I’m not usually one for pictures, but I felt like I should post these.. the left is day one and the right is day 30 :)

30dayshredfrontresize.jpg
30dayshredsideresize.jpg

I would highly recommend this workout to anyone! I decided I'm going for round two, if i start today I'll finish almost in time for Christmas.. we started a support group if anyone is interested! :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/9877-30-day-shred-holiday-shredders

Replies

• AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I have been seriously debating starting the shred and this is kind of inspiring me to just take the plunge and do it. Good luck in round 2! I know you can do it!
  • melissarina
    melissarina Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a great loss! You look like you've lost more than 10 lbs. I started the 30DS on Sunday, can't wait until the month is up! Well done on sticking to it!
  • karen4ever
    karen4ever Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    What a difference, Well done :flowerforyou:

I hope I can see similar differences when I finish it. will be day 7 for me today :smile:

And congrats again, a mass improvement plus your going again for round 2, just wow :happy:
  • donkeypoop
    donkeypoop Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Thats impressive!! thank u for the motivation! I am already doing 30 day shred, this is very inspiring!! Thank u so much for posting! U have no idea how much this will help me on my journey!! xoxo
  • celshade
    celshade Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Huge difference! Way to go!! Really inspiring, thank you for posting these!
  • KenishaFitness
    KenishaFitness Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Inspiring
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Holy moly! That's a huge difference! I've been seriously thinking of doing that after I finish up C25K. You made up my mind.
  • bloodysore
    bloodysore Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I honestly can't believe the results in your stomach! Truely amazing. I tried 30ds as my very first excersize about 40 lbs ago and got to day 13. Then I was taking Advil for my knees like I was in my sixties so I had to stop. I might have to try it again and see if I can do it now!
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    yay well done you've inspired me so much I've joined the group, is it on utube? I'll have a look xx great results you rock x
  • CSmith1226
    Options
    Very inspiring!!!! Great job girl
  • Tsrwalker
    Tsrwalker Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job, You make me want to try it again. I will have to attempt it over my holiday break between college classes. Thanks for posting the pics. It helps to see it work for someone else. :)
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Excellent results. Well done.

When you do 30DS do you take the rest days JM suggests or do you go straight through? If you take the rest days it is longer than 30 days. I am not nit piking just genuinly want to know. I did the first stage but didn't take the days off, just straight through. Would be interested in what you all do.
  • pattiFM
    Options
    Thank you guys so much! You all inspire ME :)
    Excellent results. Well done.

When you do 30DS do you take the rest days JM suggests or do you go straight through? If you take the rest days it is longer than 30 days. I am not nit piking just genuinly want to know. I did the first stage but didn't take the days off, just straight through. Would be interested in what you all do.

As far as rest days go, I think it depends on you! Just stay in tune with your body and keep in mind that it's okay to rest! I would especially consider a rest day if you're doing other workouts in addition to the shred. I think they probably wanted to market the shred as a "30 day workout" but honestly, I took some rest days and still had some results.. it still works! However, I did try and limit my rest days so I wouldn't get unmotivated :)
  • Rawanmakki
    Options
    Woooow that is great!!! i am doing it know ... day 2 in level three .... i can feel the difference in my energy level and my body but i gained 2 kilo's... do you follow her diet plan or you have your own?

Again ... GREAT GREAT results
  • bonifachi
    bonifachi Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! Congrats for finishing it :) I started level 2 today, and was proud that I could almost get all the way through it! I feel like I am getting much stronger - which may have something with me using 3kg weights (were way to heavy on day 2 that's for sure!). So much inspiration from your post - AND we have cat twins...hehe.
  • sp98
    sp98 Posts: 46
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!!! Have inspired me to keep going. Day 5 level 1 completed today and really enjoying it.
  • pattiFM
    Options
    Woooow that is great!!! i am doing it know ... day 2 in level three .... i can feel the difference in my energy level and my body but i gained 2 kilo's... do you follow her diet plan or you have your own?

Again ... GREAT GREAT results

Awesome! Great job sticking with it! :)

Honestly, I never even looked at her diet plan. I just stick to my calorie goal, eat some of my exercise calories back and try and eat mostly whole, clean foods (mostly.. haha). It's totally normal to gain weight with this kind of exercise, you're gaining muscle! I think it's important to focus on how you feel, how your clothes feel and it doesn't hurt to take measurements and/or pictures! I only lost about ten pounds or so but my shape changed completely! Jillian definitely knows how to tone you up!
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Great result! Well done and good luck with round 2! :)
  • Kcham817
    Kcham817 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Well done what a difference!! I have 30DS too but haven't fully finished the program. I started JM Killer Buns & Thighs currently on Day 6, I pushing to complete this entire round. Seeing this gives more motivation!!
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Great job. I need to start doing it again.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!