Losing weight, losing money on wardrobe

Options
124»

Replies

• lovelyladyJ21
    lovelyladyJ21 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I always buy my jeans at either thrift stores off websites like craigslist. I don't think I have in the last 5 years bought a pair of jeans from a real store. I have bought a few pairs of capris at walmart for $1
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I am ever the optomist. I kept my clothes on the way up, so that I can wear them on the way down. Lol

Same with me! I kept most of my clothes from before so I have some things to wear while going down sizes. I know when I reach my final goal weight I will want to go out and buy new clothes, but for now I just use what I have. Also, having just a couple pairs of jeans and shorts seems to work for me, doing laundry is a pain but I'd rather save my money. Tops are easier to buy because they tend to still fit after more weight loss. I just try to buy shirts that I know will still look cute when they get looser. I haven't gone down very much yet though so it hasn't been a huge problem for me yet.

Also Target and Kohls were my best friends when I gained weight (due to their cheap clothes), and therefore I'm thinking they will also be great for when I'm losing weight and having to restock my closet again.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I just keep wearing what I had to start with until I get down to my maintaining weight and then I can start looking. I have some clothes which had been put away from years ago which fit now, so I get more use out of them than ever before. I did buy a jacket the other day but that's it.
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I'm all about the thrift store. When I got into onderland I did buy myself a pair of cute jeans because I had gone from a 24 to a 14! I kept one fat top and one.fat bottom to put on when I'm plateaued or frustrated. Unfortunatly, I broke my back in a car accident and have to wear a huge ugly brace. Luckily I still had some fat winter clothes that I can wear over it. I am a member of a few sites on Facebook that I can sell my.plus size clothes. That way I don't have to pay fees like you do on ebay or shipping.

I also have clothed taken in. It only cost me $3-$4 per item. Has helped save money.
  • cwettstain
    cwettstain Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    There are worse problems to have... Congrats on the weight loss!