Am I the only one who is guilty

Options

Replies

• ekkand
    ekkand Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    so just so I am clear on how this works...does the clean not-put- away clothing go next to the un-made bed? or should it only be done with a made bed? and is this clean laundry suppose to be folded or not folded.....I can't wait to try this, my husband will be thrilled LOL
    My clean not-put away clothing goes on my semi made bed and it's definitely not folded. Folded laundry gets kicked off the bed easier. Lol I'm sure your husband will absolutely love this little trick you picked up while browsing the MFP forums :P
  • ekkand
    Options
    If I do multiple loads in a day everything gets put away except for the last load. I just lose my motivation to put things away after 4 or 5 loads lol

THIS IS ME!!!!!!! I do so well on the weekends catching up... but that last load....... just ..... nope!

I guess I need to make my last load the bed sheets, so I will HAVE to put them on the bed and put them away!!! :)

What a smart idea!! Bed sheets last! Never thought of that. Thanks! :)
  • spangey13
    Options
    Uurgh. This reminds me... I need to do laundry... Sigh. Off I go.

And, to the OP - no, not the only one. Not by a long shot.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I do this too
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I work at home so my laundry these days is usually socks, underthings, workout clothes and pajamas. Those items do not need folding or putting away in my opinion :laugh:
  • ekkand
    Options
    I officially love this thread. It brings me so much joy know I'm not the only lazy one on here! Haha
  • ekkand
    Options
    I work at home so my laundry these days is usually socks, underthings, workout clothes and pajamas. Those items do not need folding or putting away in my opinion :laugh:
    Exactly. Why fold them when you'll wear them again the next day.

Socks are a never ending battle to find a match
    Panties don't get folded
    And workout clothes are too slippery or oddly shaped to fold so screw it! I like your style girl
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    If I don't put it away immediately, it winds up staying in the bag for at least a few days :blushing: And I hate it, because it means more ironing later - really love it when I can manage to dry and hang things right away to avoid ironing. I did get a steam iron that does it quicker, but still.

I think it's totally because of laundry binges. When i spread it out over the week, it's more manageable.

AND, I have good closet and drawer space, hooks, and a rack for clothes that are 'in between' clean and dirty (just for sweaters & pants, obviously). Still, if I get it wrong it stays in the bag :(
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    This is why I panic when anyone comes to stay. We use the spare bed as the clean clothes dumping ground. It's only my Hubbys suits that always get hung up, and his shirts only get ironed as & when he needs them.
    I hate housework.:devil:
  • annams76
    annams76 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Typically my husband does the laundry and folds it but leaves on top of the dresser until I get tired of seeing it there. Sometimes it just stays until we wear it all again and other times I can't take it after a couple of days.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Amazingly, since I got rid of all of my "too big" clothes and am working to keep the number of pieces of clothes down to "30", I put up all my clothes. but when I did laundry once a week, the chair in my bedroom was where my clean clothes belonged...
  • briebear77
    briebear77 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I haven't put my clean laundry away since I moved out of my parents house haha. Glad I'm not the only one!
  • elebel82
    elebel82 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have a "floor wardrobe"

Got a tiny room with very little closet space, my clothes live on the floor, alas.
  • KravMark
    KravMark Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My clothes get folded and brought upstairs but rarely make it bck into my dresser. Instead Im pulling from a pile that is on top of my dresser... Lazy I know LOL
  • Indygirl_81
    Indygirl_81 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    LOL- so random- mine are either in a basket or in the dryer.... occasionally I put them away (but not too often)
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I have 2 clean loads sitting in two piles next to my bed. I just start taking my clothes from them to wear every day....procrastination is a beautiful thing.

Story of my life
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    im guilty of doing a load of laundry and leaving it in the dryer for a couple days.
  • andreamkelly
    Options
    I'm soooo gonna have my husband read this thread!
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I do my ironing in the dining room and it has been known to move about the room for a few days before its eventually taken upstairs. To be fair though, there's 4 of us in the house so that's 4 piles of ironing to move!!!
  • MrMeowGi
    MrMeowGi Posts: 171
    Options
    My washing basket had 2 weeks worth of clothing in it before I washed it ... I only have 2 weeks worth of clothing... couldnt go out or anything that day because I was in jocks the entire day... that made me feel guilty lol