metabolism boosting pills??

Options
13»

Replies

• sixisCHANGEDjk
    Options
    Looks to me like you're doing a great job and are almost at your goal. Glean what you can around here and keep doing a great job. You'll get there.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    stay away from those things without a doubt!

just stick to a general overall multi-vitamin.

if anything, you could consider supplements. they help enhance performance, heal your body, etc.

i only trust beachbody

LOL, don't buy that quack's diet ****, buy my diet ****!
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I read yesterday that researchers altered some mice to get hungry by day instead of their usual night hungries and given the same calories, the day-eating mice got fat. Then they gave the day-eating mice EPA and DHA (nutrients found in fish oil) and they didn't get fat. I don't know if that has any bearing on humans, but there are enough other benefits of fish oil for me to give it a try.

Um, I'd highly recommend to read the entire paper that study was published in and then pay attention to two things: Their methodology and what type of controls they used. Sounds like a bunch of hooey to me.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    i know there are no magic pills out there, but i keep thinking about getting some kind of pill to boost my metabolism or something. i'd still exercise 6x a week and eat healthy, but just as an extra boost. bad idea?

I didn't realize that lifting weights came in pill form.
    Seriously, If you know that there are no magic pills why are you looking for a magic pill. Either you are deluding yourself into thinking there is a magic pill, or you like to be more aware as you waste money.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    A couple on months ago there was an article in Glamour about it- the basic message was that they're unregulated as they're classes as 'medical aids', alot of the ingredients they claim to contain are in such low amounts that it wouldn't have effect, there is alot of a cases of them becoming addictive (ie 'I've not lost enough so I'll have more' etc.) but most of all as people don't talk to their doctor about it there could be possible other side effects that you'd not know about until it's too late.

The thing is I'm sure you can do it yourself, without pills! You'll be so much more proud of yourself if you can say 'I got this body through blood, sweat and tears!'
  • greeneyedKat
    Options
    MoreBean13, that's funny! But probably true!
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I read yesterday that researchers altered some mice to get hungry by day instead of their usual night hungries and given the same calories, the day-eating mice got fat. Then they gave the day-eating mice EPA and DHA (nutrients found in fish oil) and they didn't get fat. I don't know if that has any bearing on humans, but there are enough other benefits of fish oil for me to give it a try.

link please!

Remember if its not peer reviewed there's not point reading it.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    If Dr. Oz recommends it, RUN. Or send your money to me, it will do the same thing for your weight loss!
  • greeneyedKat
    Options
    I wouldn't recommended raspberry keytones. I took two bottles of them( not all at once! Lol) and it was a waste of money. I am taking L- Carnitine and have seen results. Been taking it for 2 weeks now
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    stay away from those things without a doubt!

just stick to a general overall multi-vitamin.

if anything, you could consider supplements. they help enhance performance, heal your body, etc.

i only trust beachbody

Beachbody's products are not scientifically proven yet. And will do just as much as others, which is very little to nothing. You don't need supplements if you are good with your nutrition.
  • nanainkent
    nanainkent Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    B12 shots
  • mznortiz
    mznortiz Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    any body use 7-keto dhea?