slim quick anyone tried & liked?

Options
I bought a pack of these pills yesterday at work, to see what it was all about. I had seen them on TV before but they was only $5 so i thought that i would give it go.
Has anyone lost weight from taking this pill, or like it?

Whats your opinion on this?
& if you don't think that you should take pills that's your own opinion and you can state that, but I'm not asking for advice on not taking it, I'm just seeing if anyone took it and liked it.

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    & if you don't think that you should take pills that's your own opinion and you can state that, but I'm not asking for advice on not taking it, I'm just seeing if anyone took it and liked it.

Because you typed this sentence, I am guessing deep down you know diet pills don't work and you just wasted $5. If losing weight were as easy as popping pills, why would anyone choose to stay fat?
  • ashleew1117
    Options

Because you typed this sentence, I am guessing deep down you know diet pills don't work and you just wasted $5. If losing weight were as easy as popping pills, why would anyone choose to stay fat?

Actually weight loss pills can and do work on some people.
    I had lost over 25 pounds with pills but i couldn't afford them anymore, so i had to stop taking them.
  • dietstokes
    dietstokes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I've taken slim quick. They are basically a caffeine pill that also works as a diuretic. I liked the extra boost of energy I get from them for my work outs, but I can get almost the same boost from drinking a cup of coffee. IDK. In the short term, yes I think they helped a little. In the long term, not so much. My weight loss pace was about the same both on and off of them. Overall, a cup of coffee is cheaper.
  • 127ismygoal
    127ismygoal Posts: 40 Member
    Options

I think she wrote it because she didn't want a lecture on using pills to lose weight.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

I had lost over 25 pounds with pills but i couldn't afford them anymore, so i had to stop taking them.
    You lost 25 and gained them back. Hmmm. Did you learn anything?
  • musicmaremmjk
    Options
    I USUALLY GET A HEADACHE FROM THEM BECAUSE OF THE STIMULANT.
  • Chrissiecurit
    Chrissiecurit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I USUALLY GET A HEADACHE FROM THEM BECAUSE OF THE STIMULANT.

Same here. I tried them for about a week (before knowing any better) and would get bad headaches.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    78NT
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    no
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

How much weight did you gain back when you stopped taking them?
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Used them a while ago. Lost 20 pounds. I had also changed my diet and began exercising at least 4 days a week though. And lifting weights.

I think the lifestyle change had more effect than the pills honestly. I ditched the pills and started drinking black coffee to replace the caffeine rush that I liked from the pills.

Now I belong to the "diet pills are stupid" camp :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    sorry- trying to do this the right way.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Coworker took these diet pills with Japanese packaging all over them, lost about 20lbs in a month.

Other coworker started taking them, had heart palpitations. Stopped taking them.

I tried them, felt cracked out and weird, dry-mouthed, erratic heart beat. Stopped taking because they were scary after 2 or 3 pills.

First coworker stopped taking her pills, gained back the 20lbs and then 20lbs more within a month or two.

Didn't learn my lesson, spent $50 on Health-E Trim, a different sort of diet pill - much to the same effect as the first time. Took maybe ten pills, hated the side effects, too drymouthed/anxious/uncomfortable. Slight appetite reduction, but that was it. Zero weight loss.

A month or two later, desperate and still believing weight loss was the stuff of sorcery, I found MFP. Haunted the forums, found the smart people with sound logic and nutritional advice who had come a long way. Befriended them. Learned some more. Lost 20+lbs.

Still have a little ways to go, but at least I know now what to do - I'm just honest with myself when I don't get the results that I wanted because I wasn't following the plan or life temporarily got in the way and the plan had to be reconfigured. It's cause and effect. That is all. I keep this on my profile to remind me:

"For results: Look at your body like a science experiment. Add a stimulus. Measure response. Adjust as needed. One variable at a time." -C.Ballantyne"
  • ashleew1117
    Options

How much weight did you gain back when you stopped taking them?

less than 5 pounds than what i started at taking the pills.
  • ashleew1117
    Options

If you don't have anything nice to say don't say it all.
    I'm not trying to not do it the right way, i just need a jump start.

Thank you.
  • WanderingBomb
    WanderingBomb Posts: 69 Member
    Options

If you don't have anything nice to say don't say it all.
    I'm not trying to not do it the right way, i just need a jump start.

Thank you.

There's no "right" or "wrong" way. everyone is different. I've tried them and they did help a little, I think mostly they gave me the extra energy to work out more often. when i stopped taking them i also stopped working out (there were other life factors). I had a friend that used them and she said they did nothing for her. maybe its a person to person thing, maybe its a placebo effect. no idea, but if you like them and wanna use them go for it!

:-)
  • GreyEyes21
    GreyEyes21 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    a good alternative to pills is protein shakes, protein gives the same push as pills and ups your metabolism. I tried pills, many types even some that are illegal in the U.S. because they killed athletes, in the end the weight comes back and you stop taking it because you dont like the shakey feeling from all the excess energy/caffene. I lost the weight by switching my solid protein to shakes. 3 shakes a day and 77 lbs down. I took 2 years off of shakes and only gained 15lbs the eintire time (only because I over enjoy sweets). If I had stoped myself from eating/drinking so many sugary calories I wouldnt have gained any back :)

ETA: I'm back on the shakes and losing like mad again :D Oh and I also made sure to eat little fat and medium carbs.
  • yoovie
    Options
    Im sorry, Im trying to do this the natural way. Without anything I have to take with the word "Quick" in it. Cause trying to lose weight as fast as possible may not be wrong, but it sure aint the best for your system.

Then again, if you were on some kind of get fat quick program to begin with, maybe get slim quick would be the best idea. idk i dont have eating problems.

Good luck!!
  • yoovie
    Options
    a good alternative to pills is protein shakes

^
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    fat burners and those other pills do work BUT once you come off of them like you have to if you are following the program guide your will more than likely gain the weight back and sometimes even gain it back in double.

it didnt take you 6 weeks to gain your weight it is not going to take you six weeks to take it off in a way where you can keep it off. eat right and workout hard and you will see the results.

save your money on all that other get thin quick crap