Eggs! Love Em' or Hate Em?

Options

Replies

• Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Eat em almost daily! I also get mine from a small free-range farm at my local farmer's market and they are SO much better than from a grocery store. They poach so easily and taste so fresh. Only con is they are $7/dozen, but it's worth it to me.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Gross. Gross flavor, gross texture no matter how you cook them. Just nasty. And really, 6 grams of protein? Not even worth it for the effort it took to choke down one egg.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Hate 'em. The smell and the texture... yuck. I'll eat them once in a while - omelets or scrambled - but I don't enjoy them. I tried a fried egg the other day, just to see if I could eat it. I couldn't.
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I really only like them scrambled!

I know they are as healthy as can be, and full of protein and all that good stuff. I have no qualms with them, except that I don't like the texture of a hard boiled egg. I just can't get over it!

Maybe someday I'll acquire the taste!

in the reading I've done recently, it seems that you can eat them any way you want. You might be losing some vitamins if you scramble Vs hard boil, but protein and fat are not impacted by the cooking method..

There are other sources that back this up, but here is one
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/523643-nutritional-value-of-boiled-eggs-vs-scrambled/
  • _dadgad
    _dadgad Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I will pick steak and eggs for a meal any time they are available. One of my true weaknesses. Eggs are fantastical!

Two of the things that keep me from being a vegitarian.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    The perfect health food!

Once you try true pastured eggs you will never go back to store bought. They are amazing!
    Pastured eggs from chickens eating their natural diet (bugs, worms, and insects) have these dark orange yolks. The darker the yolk the more nutrition. Pastured eggs also have nice hard shells. The sign of a good egg. A 100% vegatarian diet (i.e. grain diet, not vegetables) is not a natural for a chicken. And cage-free can mean they have access to a concrete pad. Sad.

Look at the yolk color in store bought eggs. Even Eggland's. They are pale yellow. Thin shells. They even taste worse.

I have a picture I show my friends of one store egg, and one backyard egg in a bowl. The backyard egg is darker and larger :D It took me about a week to get the hang of cracking fresh eggs, then the next time I cracked a store egg it all but exploded in my hand when I cracked it with the same force.

Not sure if mine are truly "pastured". I think they would be cage-free and free range. The only time they are truly not able to roam free is at night...they get layer pellets, but 90% of the time they also are allowed out in the yard to get bugs, etc during daylight hours ( they are on lockdown right now for escaping)...and they get all kinds of kitchen treats--breads/crackers, fresh/frozen veggies, oatmeal, etc.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Love them! They keep me full for ages! I'm not worried about the cholesterol, because 1) dietary cholesterol only has a minimum impact on body cholesterol levels and 2) The recommendations are and AVERAGE of 1 egg a day, so if I eat three a day only a couple times a week, I'm still under the recommendation.
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE eggs! I eat them everyday....scrambled, over-easy, hard boiled, poached, you name it...I love it!
    I would love to be able to keep chickens here, but sadly, we aren't allowed where we live :(
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Love 'em! Whole ones, none of this egg whites only business.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    LOVE:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: I eat at least 2 a day, we go through 3 cartons a week in my house :tongue:
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    No brainer. Excellent for you. Shouldn't even be up for discussion.

haha this^^^...and no egg whites....WHOLE EGG!!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I have several whole eggs a week. I'll also do a carton of egg whites at a time for 250 calories of almost all protein.

When I want to keep the fat down, I'll sometimes eat the whites of hard boiled eggs and give the yolks to my dogs as part of their meals.
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Love them, love them, love them!!! I eat eggs everyday. I get my eggs farm fresh from down the road, so the yolks are extra yellow and rich. I may even be the person that stalks the stand waiting for the carton of double yolkers to appear, mmmm the yolks are my favourite part.
  • gem192
    gem192 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I would love to love eggs, they're a GREAT food. But they make me feel physically sick, I can't stand them being made anywhere near me never mind eaten. Apparently there's a biological reason for that (possible internet BS though hah).
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Absolutely hate them! I dont mind if they are cooked into things like a cake or something but an egg as the actually meal makes me want to gag.
  • rapat
    rapat Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    3 eggs + onions & peppers.
    Or 4 eggs
    =
    good tasting, very filling, 300 calorie meal
  • ashlee242
    Options
    Eggs are amazinggg
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    3 eggs + onions & peppers.
    Or 4 eggs
    =
    good tasting, very filling, 300 calorie meal
    That's what they would feed me in Hell. Seriously, the thought of my three least favorite foods all together in one dish makes me want to vomit. Why not throw a mushroom and some swiss cheese in there, go for the most disgusting plate of food ever made.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Eggs are gross, but I force myself to eat them.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I mostly love eggs.

But if I eat too many they make my stomach hurt. ): BOO EGGS! BOO!