Dog lovers...what breed of dog(s) do you have?

Options

Replies

• reinventingandrea
    Options
    we have an Eskimo Spitz named Sasha.

313ojyu.jpg
  • Shara126
    Shara126 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a Viszla?? That is going to be our next dog. I have read that they are super snuggly, affectionate and great with kids. Just wondering if anyone out there can personally vouch for the breed....
  • Jesmoko
    Jesmoko Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    5yjJ0.jpg

German Spitz. Very peppy and energetic, and the sole reason I've lost ~35 lbs.
  • leo02098
    leo02098 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    We have a 3 year old Alaskan Malamute. Gorgeous boy named Buck. Thinks he's one of the kids!
  • Edwin_S
    Edwin_S Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    18691894_1106_zps80228d90.jpg

Golden Retriever. 6 months old. Her name is Madison! She's getting fixed this Friday. I haven't told her yet.
  • Newtyshoes
    Options
    We have a pure bred 120 pound Chesapeake Bay Retriever names Tapio.
  • Lisa6206
    Lisa6206 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have an Anatolian Shepard, 100 lb Falcor, who is 10yr old, and a Min Poodle "Daisy" who just showed up on our doorsteps a year ago. She has Lymphoma, but doesn't know she is sick. Love them both!!

DoggieDeers_12-15-2011.jpg
  • Lisa6206
    Lisa6206 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have an Anatolian Shepard, 100 lb Falcor, who is 10yr old, and a Min Poodle "Daisy" who just showed up on our doorsteps a year ago. She has Lymphoma, but doesn't know she is sick. Love them both!!

DoggieDeers_12-15-2011.jpg

OK, that pic turned out WAY too big... sorry. lol :ohwell:
  • jah7700
    jah7700 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    2 x pugs
  • nadz6012
    nadz6012 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My parents have a Viszla, and he's a very affectionate dog. He's also very funny, he chases the laser pointer and anything that reflects sunlight. They are a hunting breed so make sure you get them lots of exercise to keep them from getting bored !
  • trishaeich
    trishaeich Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My Abner is a rottweiler/hound mix - looks like a 87lb beagle! Bailey Boo is my charming 8 year old Golden Doodle who looks innocent, but is the trouble maker. (We have cats too, but I'm not goingt to lie, I heart my doggles!)
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have a rottweiler/german shepherd/lab.. are they hard to train? we are having a really hard time training him... so much that we had to call in a personal trainer and she has come to our house for the past 7 weeks and its like he doesnt want to listen... help! lol

Rotties are very easy to train I have no idea about shepreds.
  • nursestewart
    nursestewart Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    DAISY.jpg

Daisy- My 8 year old Basset Hound !
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    jackson_zps741cb90e.jpg

My Patterdale/Jack Russell cross. His name is Jackson. He's a real live wire and can be hard work on a lead! But he's a real cutie. too.
  • Haley_Adele
    Haley_Adele Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    <
    Blade my 9 year old Rottweiler!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I have a rottweiler/german shepherd/lab.. are they hard to train? we are having a really hard time training him... so much that we had to call in a personal trainer and she has come to our house for the past 7 weeks and its like he doesnt want to listen... help! lol

Rotties are very easy to train I have no idea about shepreds.

Shepherds are very smart. Unfortunately, smart does not always equal easy to train. Shepherds can be challenging.

To the person above - <3 the basset
  • ChelseaJewell
    ChelseaJewell Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    3 Boxers (one seems to be part french mastiff)... they're my babies
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I have a puggle. She is pug and beagle. She is SUPER cute! Her name is Percey (after Percey Harvin-Vikings player) LOL! My husband's friend named her because we just couldn't pick out a name. She is super cuddly, kind of a baby, loves to go for walks and play in the snow. She is very good with kids. A little hyper when new people come around but she is super friendly. My husband is working out of town for 8 months so I am so happy I have my other companion with me and to keep me company ;)
  • DogsK
    DogsK Posts: 94
    Options
    My pride and joy is Xena, 5 month old German Shed. Quick learner and very loyal. My old friend is Charlie, ow about 10 years old. Asks for nothing except an occasional pat and the the girls in the house have Aria, 2 year old. Little white thing, not sure of its breed but reckon there's a toilet brush involved somehwere
  • macantrell
    macantrell Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Great Danes. The bigger the better

Is there any other kind of fur person? Love my sweet Great Dane.