Dog lovers...what breed of dog(s) do you have?

Options

Replies

• Cookie_Raider32
    Options
    I have a teacup Chihuahua :) She loves to go walking so I'm going to get my exercise that way
  • fishfilet
    fishfilet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    <
    Bulldog. Named Filet.
  • tanyaslosingit
    tanyaslosingit Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have two labs: A Newfie/Black Lab mix and a Yellow/Field Lab.

When I first started this weight-loss campaign, the dog walks were the first step in my becoming more active. Previously, just my husband walked them. Now, my DH and I take them for a one mile walk every day; and we occasionally will take them on longer hikes on the week-ends (It depends on whether the trail being hiked allows dogs.) I swear that for every mile that we walk, the dogs walk five!
  • tlspratley
    tlspratley Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Two beagles - Brothers named Max and Mello that I got from my local shelter.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Newfoundland, German Shepherd and a Godknowswhathund :bigsmile:
  • jstout913
    jstout913 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We have an 11 year old Great Pyrenees named Angel. We resuced her 10 years ago.
  • dan09554
    dan09554 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Last dog passed 4/09, 11 yrs old......Great Dane named Junebug.......
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Chorkie! Half chihuahua, half Yorkie, all adorable! Her name is Kimber (yes, like the gun manufacturer.)

The last year I lived with my parents they got an extra-min pin :laugh: He is very, very small, but he doesn't know that!

Lol @ Kimber! Awesome.
  • kelseylou
    kelseylou Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    <
    Bulldog. Named Filet.

Love that name and LOVE bulldogs!
  • Shirlann46
    Shirlann46 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I have a 12 yr old Toy Poodle named Sparky :laugh: (I didn't name him) and a 3 yr old Cocker Spaniel named Spencer:heart: =Both rescued from a Non-Kill Shelter.:love::smile:
  • racebelle88
    Options
    I have a Mini Rat Terrier named Colby.He loves to walk and jump!My fiance built him little hurdles he loves jumping over them:smile:
  • algebravoodoo
    Options
    A pit bull, that no matter how many walks or runs we go on, it is never enough! This is the first one we have had, and although she was an absolute sweet heart at the humane society, I never would have guessed what an athlete she would end up being.

Kelsey1.jpg

*edited image size

Yes, indeed! I've had friends with this breed, so loveable and loyal, but seem to be a constant wad of energy. They ended up training the dog to walk on a treadmill just so they could get housework done. (And yes, I'm aware that those who would abuse dogs for "sport" do this as well, but there is a distinct difference. Their treadmill is in the living room and the dogs are friendly and well mannered. Definitely lovers, nt fighters!)
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Chorkie! Half chihuahua, half Yorkie, all adorable! Her name is Kimber (yes, like the gun manufacturer.)

The last year I lived with my parents they got an extra-min pin :laugh: He is very, very small, but he doesn't know that!

Lol @ Kimber! Awesome.

I actually came up with that before I knew of them, and my fiance was very quick to agree :laugh: We mostly ended up calling her Kimmy, and when we call her Kimber she knows she's in trouble! lol
  • dogpeeps
    dogpeeps Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have two fur babies, which are Golden Retrievers. Maggie obviously female and Chopper our male. I will never be without dogs. And personally I don't care which breed you have and think are the best. Bottom line there is no such thing as a bad dog. All of you are my dog lovin' peers, so that makes you "good people" in my book. Don't forget to give your pooch a smooch, because they are truly man's BEST friend. ;)
  • foreternity1981
    foreternity1981 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Pit Bull/Valley Bull mix named Finlay. My 4 year old baby :) She is a pretty good runner so I take her occasionally but more often, she is my walking partner. Such an awesome dog...I heart Pitties :heart:
  • algebravoodoo
    Options
    newfie :)

Love Newfies! The bigger, the better! Ours is from an old bloodline of Jumbos, before the standard got bred down to not much more than a glorified, oversized Lab :grumble: In her prime, Gisa went 165 lbs and 29" at the shoulder. (Her parents were 180 lbs and 155 lbs.) But my Gisa is getting old now, losing her sight and just not able to climb and never could get her to use ramps. She still loves to go for walks but they are much calmer than when she was younger.
  • gsspann
    Options
    I have 2 pomerains, They are brother and sister. I have 1 sheltie.
  • DoxieMama70
    DoxieMama70 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You can probably guess by my user name but I'm a proud mother of two dachshunds. Love them dearly, so entertaining :)
  • Lookingforfitat40
    Options
    My thoughtful hunter (left) and my lovable idiot....don't let the look fool you.

combo.jpg
  • hacker1234
    hacker1234 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Cockapoo; he's so much fun, just turned 1