Dog lovers...what breed of dog(s) do you have?

Options

Replies

• NewIve
    NewIve Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a King Charles Cavalier. :smile: :heart: her!!
  • tasharock
    tasharock Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Labradoodle (profile pic of us doing canine agility, so good for fitness!) and a Jack Russell / whippet rescue. We like to walk for about 50 minutes several times a week. The Labradoodle is also training for a 5k with my husband and he's lost 15 lb!
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Mine is a German Short-haired Pointer. His name is Oscar and he gets a walk every morning. It's a huge part of my exercise because it gets my day off right! His, too! :)
  • nursedonnaj
    nursedonnaj Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Little MinPin named Yiddle. We walk every morning and night!
  • Chel_c87
    Options
    Two miniature dachshunds and a Doberman. The Dobie is full of energy so I walk her as often as I can. She runs, so I run. :bigsmile:
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    My dogs definitely keep me fit! Whether it's a run, a walk or just play time at home. I work up a great sweat with them!

I have 2 dogs. A Schnoodle(Schnauzer mixed with a poodle) named Bentley and a Black Lab named Rocky.
  • APBTChampion
    APBTChampion Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have three dogs, a chocolate lab, a lab/mastiff/german shepherd mix, and an american pit bull terrier. I don't get to walk them very often for a workout, because I can't take all three at once. :( But when I do get to walk them for a workout, I feel like I haven't worked out at all... because I enjoyed my time outside with them and didn't perceive it as a workout at all!
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My pit bull is 3 and his name is Swizzy. I do walk him, but we usually "run" him in the backyard with a laser. He goes crazy for it and will run miles in 10-15 minutes :)
  • chojolitos
    Options
    I have a bulldog !!! I walk him every day . You can see his pic below in my Weight Loss Tickers:bigsmile:
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    None yet (well, the golden retriever I grew up with is still kickin'!) but my fiance and I are DYING to get a dog. We're finally moving to a place where we can have one, so we're getting one next year.

I am COMPLETELY set on getting a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog. I am obsessed with them. They're like a larger and less furry Bernese Mountain Dog, which are apparently the hip thing to have these days.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    We have one that is 1/2 box 1/2 lab (Sassy 1 year old) 68 lbs She is the most adhd dog there has ever been! Gotta love her!
    then we have one that is belgion maloinis (Skia 5 month old) 62 lbs That is one BIG baby! Love our babies!
  • spa9177
    spa9177 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I Have two dogs. As you can see my lab pit mix as my profile picture. Her name is Misty and we have had her since she was 5 weeks old. She is our baby and she will be 3 on December 1st, and yes I make her a cake with a candle too. Our other dog is a blue heeler her name is Bella. We got her when she was 8 weeks old, and she is 2 now. She really is my niece's dog so she really isn't my baby like the other. But they are so cute together. I love my doggies. :heart: :smile:
  • erinnia
    erinnia Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Two Bedlington Terriers, Oscar and Beau - fantastic dogs, even though they look like lambs!!
  • ChasityLindsey
    ChasityLindsey Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have a white boxer, a bull mastiff, a shih-poo, and a mini Australian shepherd. We are dog lovers for sure.
  • Meahflower
    Options
    Hi, I have a 4 year old rescue Yorkie Poo - Ernie - Wouldn't be without him - although have to remind myself of that:wink: when he gets me up at 5 a.m. ready for walkies!
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I have two dogs Buster he's a 10 year old Boston Terrier - he had a stroke and now he's too old to excercise with me it's too hot here for him,

and I have Winnie she's a 4 year old Bajseni I've tried running with her but I really need to train her better so she doesn't tangle up the leash.

I had a Pug Chester I adored him - he fell in to my swimming pool and drowned about 4 years ago I miss him alot.

I've owned Rotties (2 both females) Loved them! but they both died young 5 and 6.
    and my Boxer who died of cancer at 9.
  • vienna26
    vienna26 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have a 5 month old japanese akita thats her in the picture shes gorgeous :-))
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have a nearly 15 y/o American Eskimo named Lobo. He does not go on walk just around the front yard. He injured his ACL a couple of years ago and after seeing a veterinary orthopedic surgeon and many conversations with our Vet decided against repair, since as an older dog the likelyhood was it would be slow to heal and be arthritic either way. We started him on 2x a day pain meds recently as he seemed to be having joint pain. He's much better but no up to walks.
    I also have a 11-12 y/o rescue Sheltie/Border Collie mix( shelter's best guess) who really needs to go for walks, but she gets freaked out by everything. So I don't take her out as much as I should since the neighborhood kids cause problems either rushing up to pet her( she freaks) or throwing crap at her (she freaks) and I have to try to track down parents for discussions on teaching children not to be little brats. When I'm off during the school day we do go about 1/2 mile to a mile. That's all she is able to do without getting seriously out of breath.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    We adopted our Cocker Spaniel. Here he is New Years one year! :)
    th_100_5659-1-1.jpg
  • crw72209
    crw72209 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have a Cardigan Welsh Corgi (the one with a tail). I will walk him every other day for half of the walk. The first mile of the walk he is either pulling me along, yet he has to stop, sniff and mark or make a deposit on anything 6 inches or taller which slows the walk down. Then the next mile he gets pretty tired and slows me down.

This sounds like our Pembroke Zoe. She is all anxious at the first part of the walk and at the last we are almost dragging her! haha