Anyone started at size 24...

Options

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I started a tight 22 and now a tight 14 but I stick with 16's for now :) I'm happy now but will will be happy when I'm a 10 or below!
  • Andreaa0729
    Andreaa0729 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I started at a size 24 pants(301 lbs.) at the end of June this year and now in a size 18 (234.9 lbs.) Still a long ways to go, but well worth it!!
  • Reesecup312
    Reesecup312 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I was a 24 but now a 14/16. I had to lose 90 pounds to get here though. :):drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • determinedash
    determinedash Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Started around a 22, and currently, a loose 16! dropped most of it in two months of working out! Always looking for new friends for encouragement!
  • a_clarke
    Options
    Yeah, that's where I started, all 310lbs. Now I'm 174lbs and size 12. It took me a while to get here, a couple years of slow progress.

I think when your weight becomes that high, there's a few more things going on there than weight alone. Well, I know there was for me. It's been a process of facing those demons, learning to love myself and realizing that I'm worth looking after!

Good luck babe.
  • mama4loca
    Options
    I started at 24/26 and am now 20/22.... YES!! Nearly into "normal sizes" aka a size that any clothes shop will stock not just shops that are kind enuff to do plus size... it's funny really, I remember feeling horrified and sickened, when I'd let myself go so much that I neeedd size 18s, and now all these years later, I'm gonna be on cloud 9 when I can fit into 18s again!!! Idealy want to go back to size 12 tho, where I'm most comfy with myself

This is exactly word for word, ME!
  • MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm a 22/24 now. Trying to lose 100-150 lbs. Feel free to add me!!!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I started at 24/26 and am now 20/22.... YES!! Nearly into "normal sizes" aka a size that any clothes shop will stock not just shops that are kind enuff to do plus size... it's funny really, I remember feeling horrified and sickened, when I'd let myself go so much that I neeedd size 18s, and now all these years later, I'm gonna be on cloud 9 when I can fit into 18s again!!! Idealy want to go back to size 12 tho, where I'm most comfy with myself

This is exactly word for word, ME!

Congrats on your hard work so far! Your post made me tear up, thinking about the oerwhelming feeling of knowing I don't have to shop at plus size stores any longer! Granted I still may have to go the size 16 rack but I can go to most any store to find it!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Started at size 34 and am currently 18/20 top, 22 bottom in normal stores (meaning stores not specifically sized for large women like Lane Bryant).
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    I started 26 pants and 3X shirt. I'm now in 24 pants, which are a little big, and 2X shirt. Slowly but surely!
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I started at a 26 (gasp!). Right now I'm between an 18 and a 20. I have no goal size...I just want to be fit and healthy.
  • eliseijones
    Options
    I'm starting today and I am a comfortable 18. Looking for motivation and support as I have tried and tired on my own but has fallen off the wagon. Looking forward to going on this journey with all of you :)
  • jeany3
    jeany3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started at size 22:happy:
  • Gwynhyffar
    Gwynhyffar Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I started at size 26. I'm now (depending on the brand) 16 to 18.
  • mslynn1007
    Options
    Starting at as a 26, I WILL get down though! I'm going to DO THIS! Add me for motivation! : )
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I'm a 22/24 dress size. IDK if that counts. In pants I'm about a 16 but in shirts I'm like a 3x.

EDIT:

I have a really big stomach, but my hips are fairly small
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Started in clothes that were all too small for me at 24/3X. Elastic waisted 24s and loose unfitted 3x shirts from Land's End (runs big). Now am in 3x sweaters that look very nice and loose in a good way (Eddie Bauer, runs small), 2X Land's end pants and a Talbot's sweater (runs true to size). My fitted 24 pants and jeans all are 24s and are all too loose, but I'm not buying until they fall off me! And wore a 22P London Fog raincoat yesterday that I haven't been able to wear in 15 years (can't imagine how it never ended up in the charity bin, but glad it didn't!). Can wear my work appropriate jackets now (24s--my arms were too big for them, now they fit in the arms and are a bit too big in the body).

I can see the loss in my face/neck and in my abdomen/waist in particular but notice it in my clothing in my thighs/butt most of all. It may seem like a lot of weight to lose to only be down probably a size. But the difference between shoving yourself into clothes and being able to wear things that fit loosely is huge.
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    Just want to say HOLY HECK you guys are all AMAZING!!!! Totally feeling inspired after reading this post ... gives me hope for sure!
  • LosinItAll2012
    LosinItAll2012 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    My heaviest was a tight 24.... now I am wearing 18, some 16's.
  • lovechicagobears
    lovechicagobears Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I was a size 28/30 when I started. I'm down to a 22/24 now. (It depends on the brand.)

You can do it. :)