If you start your Jillian Michaels 30 Day DVD today...

Replies

• sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Alright, I'm in.:flowerforyou:
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    I think I'll join in! I will start tomorrow the 28th, so that means I'll have to push thru a few Fridays ;)
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Just restarted 30DS... :)
  • xNJAx
    xNJAx Posts: 170 Member
    Woke up aching a bit today but jumped to level 2 and enjoyed it much more than I enjoyed level 1 yesterday! Sure I need a new HRM now though - this morning it said I burned FIVE calories! There's no way that's right. Haha.
  • sp98
    sp98 Posts: 46
    I completed level 1 day 6 today and am loving it but am dreading level 2 ;-(
  • I'm in! I actually started on the 26th, so today will be day 3 of level 1 for me.

I'm having some trouble with the push ups, but I got through it a little easier on day 2 than I did on day 1. I know this sounds crazy, but I want to lose a little weight before I go back to the gym...
  • xNJAx
    I completed level 1 day 6 today and am loving it but am dreading level 2 ;-(

Don't worry - it's really not that bad and I know lots of people who actually prefer it to level 1 (myself included)! :)
  • K1tt
    K1tt Posts: 37 Member
    I'm in, I won't make 30 days by Christmas as I run 3 days a week and train one day. So it's just 3 days for me. Today is day 1.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    I just ordered my 30 day DVD so I'm in! I'll post when it arrives and I start...excited to get focused on fitness for 2013! :happy:
    you can stream it on youtube until your dvd comes in. just make sure to start with level one
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    I'm on level 2, I moved up to it yesterday. It's a great workout, I add some of Bob Harper's workouts too, he kicks my *kitten* :)
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Just finished day 3, level 1. I actually wept when I got through. I don't know why, but today felt like a break through. I got through the video almost in real time. I paused twice, very briefly, during the cardio to catch my breath but then made up for the pause and continued.

I am 51, almost 52 and here is what I do to get ready every morning: I take an aspirin about fifteen minutes before starting to hopefully prevent a heart attack. Yes, it crosses my mind every time I do the cardio. The strength part is fairly easy for me, the cardio is the most difficult. The second thing I do is drink 3/4 cup of orange juice to get my blood sugar up.

My legs are much better than after day 1. I can almost go as deep as Natalie again. I had over-confidence in my condition and went as deep as Natalie on day 1. Boy, did I pay for that!

My abs are now staying contracted on their own, my tummy pouch feels like it is moving higher and my fat deposits on my hips feel like they are getting smaller. My measurements from Friday haven't changed except my calves have added 1/2 inch. That could just be a difference in measuring. I had never measured my calves before joining this site. I normally measure every Wednesday morning, but when I signed up for MFP I measured last Friday for a start point.

Have a great Wednesday, everyone! Here's to day 4!
  • angleu
    angleu Posts: 140 Member
    I'm going to jump on this bandwagon, a little late. I did 30 day shred and ripped in 30 last year for 6 weeks and what a difference.. The week before Thanksgiving I did the video 4x and cardio kickboxing on tue's then thanksgiving week came and i did nothing but the kick boxing =(

Sad to say though when I was wearing my HRM for LvL 1 I was only burning on average 140'ish calories went to LvL 2 after the first week being I hate lvl 1 and burned 30 more calories. Wish it was more but its only 20ish minutes.

I'm 5'1 and starting weight of 181 (I gained back 7lbs in the last 6 weeks) I have to get my self back on track but I'm having such a hard time. I keep eating when I'm not even hungry! I hate that! lol
  • phoebeleb
    phoebeleb Posts: 172 Member
    I'm in--thanx for the motivation to restart! level 1 day 1 for me today...(28th)
  • skrame
    skrame Posts: 16 Member
    What weights does everyone use? I'm using 2.5 kg dumbbells, but I'm finding them too easy, so thinking about going up to 5kg.

I just started yesterday, and did all of level 1 without pausing. I had no problem with most of the exercises, but I couldn't complete the bicep curl/side lunge with 15 pounds. I'll have to pick up something lighter for that exercise.

/35 year old guy, about 157 pounds.
  • demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Did day three level 1 today. A certain toddler has hidden my weights and my heart rate moniter and cant remember where, so i did it with no weights and honestly i dont think i could have used the weights anyway :) My thighs are super sore but im copeing.
  • xNJAx
    I didn't do it this morning (intended to but lungs had other ideas - hoping using my inhalers throughout the day will mean I can do it when I get home from work instead). Still feeling the burn a bit from the last two mornings though, particularly in my thighs and upper chest.

If I'm able to do it later I'm thinking I might do level 3 tonight. I'm considering alternating between levels 2 and 3 each day for a bit of variety.

I took measurements and 'before' photos last night too (yikes!) so now I'm extra motivated to work my butt off (literally!) to see changes. Woooo!
  • acogg
    Day 4, level 1 just logged. I had to pause 4 times during cardio, I felt like my heart was going to explode. I sure hope my stamina improves soon. The video took 40 minutes again, just like on day 1. I did manage to go deeper on my legs and my legs are feeling much stronger today. I can do the strength stuff with no problem, but cardio is very difficult for me to sustain. I am feeling a very slight bit of joint pain in my right elbow. Good luck to everyone today. Have a great Thursday.
  • melissarlene
    melissarlene Posts: 1 Member
    Me, too. I started today!!!!
  • phoebeleb
    phoebeleb Posts: 172 Member
    just completed day 2 level 1; and ordered the ripped in 30 from Amazon :-)
  • acogg
    Day 5, level 1 check in complete. Done today in 30 minutes. Still had to pause 3 times during cardio but the pauses were briefer than yesterday. Hubby got up before I could get started, first time he has seen me doing The 30 Day Shred. Gotta hand it to him, he only laughed once! Have a great Friday everyone!

Oh, yeah. Yesterday Hubby grabbed me at my hips. I told him to grab that fat while he could. He said, "What fat? Your love handles are gone." Yay! (even if he was lieing)