I'VE HAD IT!

Options

Replies

• miche_smash
    miche_smash Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I was in my brother's wedding in January. The pics came out and I looked like BLECH. Sad thing is that I had wanted to lose weight for the wedding... I thought I looked good but I did not at all.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    It came a few years ago. I was excited to finally see "Honk If You're Horny" at the local movie theater. You might remember it, starring Faye Dunaway and Pauly Shore.

When I asked for my ticket, the kid at the window said that he had to check with the manager first. So, then, the manager comes over and tells me, "I'm terribly sorry, sir, but I'm afraid our facilities are not equipped to meet your needs."

:huh:

When I asked what he meant by that, he replied, "What I'm saying, sir, is that a man of your carriage couldn't possibly fit in our seats." I offered to sit in the aisle, but he said that it would violate the fire code.

Then, some guy standing by the door yelled, "Hey, Fatty! I've got a movie for ya: A Fridge Too Far!" as everyone outside the theater began to laugh at me. The manager sensed my rising anger, and tried to placate me with a free garbage bag full of popcorn. Before leaving with what little dignity I had remaining, I told him, "This may surprise you, but you can't buy me off with food. I'm sick of all your stereotypes and cheap jokes! The overweight individuals in this country are just as smart and talented and hard working as everybody else. And they're going to make their voices heard!"

Today, my voice is heard, here on MyFitnessPal.
    Mine was when I tried to dial a phone, but couldn't hit just 1 digit. I was connected to the operator, who informed me my fingers were too fat to dial; to order a special dialing wand, I mashed my hand against the key pad.
    Oh, lord. Been there, done that. :cry:
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    It was Dec 2011, I looked in the mirror and felt disgusted with myself and I felt like I was 100 years old. So I decided right then that I was going to lose weight and get into shape :-) it's been almost a year and I'm down 53 pounds, 3 to go for my goal!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I've hated being fat all of my life, even when I wasn't fat (ie I thought I was fat when I wasn't and then created that reality; thanks mom). I tried all kinds of crazy short-term things to lose weight with no regard to my health (thanks WW et al).

This year, I finally got sick of being sick. My poor diet was killing me, literally, and suddenly I decided that I would like to live, with a decent quality of life, and not pass on all my stupid BS to my child. Perhaps I have the right to destroy myself, but I finally decided that my child deserved a chance at life, with a healthier mom.

So my "I've had it" moment happened when it all became about my health and my child and not about my weight and appearance.
  • Dawners98
    Dawners98 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    For me, it was when I went to the doctor thinking I had lost a few pounds and instead found out I had gained 10. :/
  • lgreen37
    lgreen37 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My moment was when I thought I was not fat - until I saw a picture! I could not believe the picture - maybe I was standing in a wrong angle or something - Honey I was fat- period!!!!!!
    This site has helped me tremendously. I look at myself now - and I'm happy. I have 31lbs to go and I will get there. My goal is by March.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    It came a few years ago. I was excited to finally see "Honk If You're Horny" at the local movie theater. You might remember it, starring Faye Dunaway and Pauly Shore.

When I asked for my ticket, the kid at the window said that he had to check with the manager first. So, then, the manager comes over and tells me, "I'm terribly sorry, sir, but I'm afraid our facilities are not equipped to meet your needs."

When I asked what he meant by that, he replied, "What I'm saying, sir, is that a man of your carriage couldn't possibly fit in our seats." I offered to sit in the aisle, but he said that it would violate the fire code.

Then, some guy standing by the door yelled, "Hey, Fatty! I've got a movie for ya: A Fridge Too Far!" as everyone outside the theater began to laugh at me. The manager sensed my rising anger, and tried to placate me with a free garbage bag full of popcorn. Before leaving with what little dignity I had remaining, I told him, "This may surprise you, but you can't buy me off with food. I'm sick of all your stereotypes and cheap jokes! The overweight individuals in this country are just as smart and talented and hard working as everybody else. And they're going to make their voices heard!"

Wow dude, I would have crumbled to pieces. Way to be strong and make a change. Keep it up!
    THANK YOU!
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    When I saw the photo of me in Disney with my family. I didn't realize how big I had gotten. I stepped on the scale and it read "305". That was my breaking point.

The pic is part of my profile pic. I put up a "Then/Now" to remind myself of how far I have come and what I will never go back to.
  • axelorate
    axelorate Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Mine was when I tried to dial a phone, but couldn't hit just 1 digit. I was connected to the operator, who informed me my fingers were too fat to dial; to order a special dialing wand, I mashed my hand against the key pad.

Oh, you two!
  • jfontanna
    jfontanna Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    When my 4 year old, the day before my birthday asks "Daddy, is there a baby in your belly?"

Funny as hell, but it sure got me determined to do something.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I had enough when i looked down in the shower and couldn't see my junk.
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    When my coworkers (men) said they had to do all the physical work because I couldn't do it. Which, by the way, wasn't true. It was a perception on their part.
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Mine was when my husband took a picture of my post partum butt while out camping. I saw it and just about wanted to cry, especially considering I thought I was doing pretty good... Succeeded in finally getting the weight off to find out, SURPRISE I'm pregnant again... Trying to stay as healthy as I can this time so don't have to have that moment again!! I want to be a yummy mommy gosh darrnit!!!
  • Oh_Em_Jayyy
    Oh_Em_Jayyy Posts: 56 Member
    Options

However, I was vindicated and became the town hero when my girth saved us all. I fell into the nuclear gas tank, and plugged it, thus preventing the escape of the toxic fumes. Unfortunately, the only way out was doing calisthenics. I miss my muumuus.
  • kerricolby
    kerricolby Posts: 232 Member
    Options

Mine was when I went to get something loose and billowy for my first day at work. They gave me the option of academic or judicial robes, muslim body wrap, or a mumu because so many clients find pants confining. I told them I didn't want to look like a weirdo, I'd take the mumu.
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options

Isn't there something like both of these on a Simpsons episode?
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    And to think that I washed myself with a rag on a stick for so long before I finally woke up and decided to change!
  • luvsyoga
    luvsyoga Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    We moved into a new house that had mirrored closet doors in the foyer, every time I walked past them I had to double check who that fat person was. It was me. I was at my highest weight other than pregnancy..... I couldn't fit in any of my clothes. I lost 10lbs, joined the gym, lost 6 more, learned to run, joined MFP. Now lets shake those last 10lbs!!
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    When I put on my graduation party dress (it was pretty tight) and didnt like the way my stomach and hips looked in it. I knew i had to fix it.
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    When my 4 year old, the day before my birthday asks "Daddy, is there a baby in your belly?"

Funny as hell, but it sure got me determined to do something.

Kids are so brutally honest, it's wonderful!! :laugh: