Fighting hunger advice?

Options

Replies

• Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I did not ask for any advice on calories and macro amounts only hunger control. Please keep your opinions to yourself on everything but the topic. Thanks!

You're eating 800 calories a day and asking for advice to control hunger. How is the suggestion to eat more when hungry irrelevant? People just want you to care for your body and succeed long term. Don't see it as a personal attack :). Remember, everyone on here has a similar goal and nobody is out to sabotage you.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    LOOK AT HIS DIARY!!! He's a male on a 800 calorie a day diet!! :noway:

calm Down.. I am often full at 800 and still alive, well and kicking as s ..... :indifferent:
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Shadow, I avoid hunger pains by eating five times a day. Cereal usually for breakfast, fruit and sometimes nuts a couple of hours later, plus eating a lot of fruits and veggies will help fill you up. But seriously if you are only eating 800 calories a day, you will be hungery and you will most likely binge. Remember if you want to lose weight and keep it off then it is about life style change and healthy, not starving yourself to lose weight temporarily.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    How can you claim not to be hungry when the subject of your thread is 'fighting hunger advice'. This is starting to look like some troll bs.

Hunger can also be a "rage".. I often am not hungry but raging chips... so I chew on something else.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    handful of raw organic nuts, or some rice chips. a piece of fruit ir celery, etc.
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    EATTTTT
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    I eat....

:laugh: :laugh:
  • shadowsaround
    Options
    I have tackled the binging thing already with pure willpower. I'm just trying to lessen the hunger. Thanks for the advice.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    How can you claim not to be hungry when the subject of your thread is 'fighting hunger advice'. This is starting to look like some troll bs.

Hunger can also be a "rage".. I often am not hungry but raging chips... so I chew on something else.

^^^I'm not sure what this means or how it fits into the equation?!

Bottom line - a grown man eating only 800 calories a day asks for help on fighting hunger. The answer is eat more.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    1. Eat
    2. See a therapist.
  • shadowsaround
    Options
    eating more is not the answer. I was looking for tips on feeling full longer.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    eating more is not the answer. I was looking for tips on feeling full longer.
    Are you eating enough protein?
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    No one wants to be complicit in an eating disorder.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    TROLL :noway:
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I did not ask for any advice on calories and macro amounts only hunger control. Please keep your opinions to yourself on everything but the topic. Thanks!

We know you didn't ask for calorie and macro suggestions however, with only consuming 800 calories in a day you are hungry because your body isn't getting enough fuel. That's why you are feeling hungry more often. Especially as a male 800 is not enough and will only hurt you in the long run and cause you to lose a large amount of muscle.

Staying full longer will only work when you are actually eating enough. You need to eat more, eat more protein, eat more fibre.
  • shadowsaround
    Options
    I usually eat about 100g
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I usually eat about 100g

Eat 2x that and you will be fine.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    1. Eat
    2. See a therapist.

This. You might not like the answers you're getting, but you're likely not going to find a lot of support for your eating disorder here.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I drink water.... still hungry... eat?
  • shadowsaround
    Options
    Apparently, a significant amount of people are to incompetent to stick to a topic. I appreciate the ones that have.