Sleep

^^^ This.
    Again

and

calories in < calories out = weight loss
  • sbozik123456789
    sbozik123456789 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I run everyday 4-6 miles (6-8km) and I eat my whole 1500 calories a day and I am losing 3-4 lbs a week, I eat whatever I feel like, dont deprive yourself you will only overeat at some point. I you do at 30-45 min of intese cardio you should be good :smile:
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I dropped 20 lbs pretty quick by splitting up my workouts and eating cleaner than normal.
    balanced food, like you said but I was sure to never go over my calories.

I would do some cardio in the afternoon 20-30 mins. Usually elliptical, jogging or rollerblading.
    and after work I'd do like P90X videos and sometimes add in some more elliptical

I always made sure to have clean protein right after my workout. Like a hard boiled egg or almonds.

I always ate breakfast and I didn't drink beer.

the P90X helped me get more toned but with rapid weight loss I'm shaped basically the same as I was before just smaller.
    I fit into smaller clothes but I sure won't be wearing a bikini. ever.
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Stop having so much fun!!

Ex. Out to eat/drink with friends, birthday parties, Vegas, cruises, etc....

Make food & exercise plan, stick to food & exercise plan, repeat, then repeat again....then, BAM! You're at your goal!
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    anaerobic exercise.
  • ksumme
    ksumme Posts: 283
    Options
    1) Eat a balanced, healthy diet!!
    2) Exercise at least 30 minutes a day 5 days a week. (Two days includes strength training/ weights/ resistance, several days include cardio. At least two of your cardio sessions include HIIT or interval work. Push yourself each workout past your comfort zone.)
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Resistance training and a calorie deficit.
  • tat2dzombiegirl
    tat2dzombiegirl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Clean eating, try and cut out as many processed and refined foods. Then eat smaller meals and more often to keep your metabolism running high. Lastly drink lots of water! Cardio 5 days a week/ lifting 3 days.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit + macronutrient sufficiency + lifting.

Eat whenever you want, hit your macros.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    SQUAT!
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    If it's to lose weight off your body because you are carrying a surplus of fat - cardio.

If you're at a comfortable weight but are looking to drop BF%, you need to build muscle (by lifting) that will burn the fat for you to sustain it's growth.

Neither methods are exceptionally quick, but if you eat in a reasonable deficit and commit to doing them. You will see results.

If that's not an option, just mainline some Raspberry Ketones. I hear Dr. Oz enjoys snorting them. And he is rumored to have low body fat :p.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Alot of people swear by cutting carbs, is that your method?
    No
    Do you believe that eating a blanced diet of veggies, lean protein, whole grains, good fats is the way to do it?
    At a reasonable calorie deficit with yummy stuff thrown in
    Do you think you burn more fat when you eat every 2-3 hours?
    No, because its a myth
    Is pure Cardio enough to burn the fat or do you strength train as well?
    Yes, but strength training will maintain LBM
    Not eating after 8? Ect...
    Myth

What works for me:

1) Eat mostly nutritious foods at a reasonable (ie 1lb or less) deficit
    2) Hit my macros (1g of protein per lb of LBM, 0.35g fat per total body weight as a minimum)
    3) Strength train
    4) Take a diet break every couple of months
    5) Try to get enough sleep
    6) Be as accurate in my weighting/measuring/logging as possible
    7) Eat ice-cream every day
  • abraham_eklant
    Options
    Yes on calorie deficit, but also keep yourself active. If you rely on just calorie deficit your metabolism will adapt (slow down) and you will plateau; you also risk your body consuming your muscle instead of body fat because it will come to the conclusion that since you're not using your muscles you must not need them and they are also costly to maintain due to the fact that they burn calories even when they are in a rest state. If you keep yourself active, your body will burn the fat for that extra energy that it requires as your body understands that it's not a good idea to get rid of your muscles since you are actually using them.

I don't suggest to cut down on carbs because they are your primary source of energy and you will need them to keep an active lifestyle and also because a high protein diet can lead to liver failure (at least according to every nutriologist I know) so, why risk it?

One last pointer; as a general rule of thumb: natural = better, processed = worse. Try eating whole grain bread instead of white, fruits instead of energy bars, and so on, you get the point.

You can also find some really good diets out there that are not just about the immediate weight loss but about maintaining healthy habits and exercising regularly. I would recommend the "best life" diet or the "body for life" approach and stay away from "atkins" and that kins of stuff since I personally consider it to be somewhat risky because of the low carb thing.

Here are some links to the "best life" and "body for life" diets if you're interested:

http://www.easydiethub.com/body-for-life/
    http://www.easydiethub.com/best-life-diet/

I also swear by the P90X program; I have never actually finished it all the way through because I always get lazy at the end but just two months of sticking to it and eating healthy have gotten me to the best shape of my life (twice!!!)

Hope you find my insight helpful and good luck on your goals; stay positive :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Yes on calorie deficit, but also keep yourself active. If you rely on just calorie deficit your metabolism will adapt (slow down) and you will plateau; you also risk your body consuming your muscle instead of body fat because it will come to the conclusion that since you're not using your muscles you must not need them and they are also costly to maintain due to the fact that they burn calories even when they are in a rest state. If you keep yourself active, your body will burn the fat for that extra energy that it requires as your body understands that it's not a good idea to get rid of your muscles since you are actually using them.

I don't suggest to cut down on carbs because they are your primary source of energy and you will need them to keep an active lifestyle and also because a high protein diet can lead to liver failure (at least according to every nutriologist I know) so, why risk it?

One last pointer; as a general rule of thumb: natural = better, processed = worse. Try eating whole grain bread instead of white, fruits instead of energy bars, and so on, you get the point.

You can also find some really good diets out there that are not just about the immediate weight loss but about maintaining healthy habits and exercising regularly. I would recommend the "best life" diet or the "body for life" approach and stay away from "atkins" and that kins of stuff since I personally consider it to be somewhat risky because of the low carb thing.

Here are some links to the "best life" and "body for life" diets if you're interested:

http://www.easydiethub.com/body-for-life/
    http://www.easydiethub.com/best-life-diet/

I also swear by the P90X program; I have never actually finished it all the way through because I always get lazy at the end but just two months of sticking to it and eating healthy have gotten me to the best shape of my life (twice!!!)

Hope you find my insight helpful and good luck on your goals; stay positive :)

Not trying to be mean here, but there is a lot if incorrect information in the first three paragraphs.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Lift, and lift heavy :)
    Cut out processed foods
    Drink water
    Sleep
    THIS.