I'm 5/4 how much do I need to weigh for a thigh gap?

Options

Replies

• almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    The Gap has 30% off right now.... wait, what?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I use a belt sander, personally.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    ^^I don't get how that is a thigh gap. Or i guess I don't get why having skinny legs gets a new name :laugh:

I would call it spreading your legs. :laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Protip; everyone has a thigh gap when it matters.

QFT!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    If you have kids one day, your body will produce relaxin, a hormone which will allow your tendons and ligaments to loosen somewhat. The arrangement of your femurs and pelvis with respect to each other will likely change, and certainly, if you give birth vaginally, you can expect some distortion of your current physiology in a way that may be permanent. In such instances you probably will have created the gap you seek.

ANYONE ELSE AROUSED RIGHT NOW?! ZOMG.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    It's hard to tell as it really does depend on hip and frame size. If you focus on body recomp (lifting weights and staying the same number on the scale) you may find yourself more toned and smaller in the thighs. It's just a suggestion, I wouldn't put all your hopes on a thigh gap because it's mostly genetics.

Just to add, you username heidilizzie? My first name and middle name is Heidi Elizabeth, so if that's yours too, then snap! :D
  • faithnlove24
    Options
    It definitely has to do with muscle tone. If you are 5'4 and 113lbs it is definitely not about your weight. Try focusing on building muscle with strength training and you will see the difference.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    comes down to toning and genetics
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    comes down to toning and genetics
    I agree with this.

Gap is good.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Note the only one who's legs aren't touching has the biggest hips... and that her and the middle one are both turning in their knees.
  • pickledginger
    Options
    Never. Gets. Old.

vYAya.jpg
    Notice that scrawny there -- the model in the sequined shorts -- has a gap between her thighs only because her feet are shoulder-width apart? That's true for a lot of women. When you could count my ribs thru my T-shirt, I didn't have one, either. Sorry, but that's anatomy.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm 5/4 how much do you think I need to weigh around to have a thigh gap? I know it depends on your hips and things but just an estimate. I weigh 113lvs at he minute and don't have one, please don't just say I'm the right weight now because my body isn't toned or slim at all :)

without reading the 3 pages of replies ..

I'm 5'4 .. and have always had a thigh gap .. I'm 46 years old now and had it before and after I had a child. I've weighed between 105-120 lbs. It's truly a matter of bone structure and genetics.

There is weight training that will help you burn the fat over those inner thigh muscles .. but if you're even super lean with no fat .. you might still not have that "gap".

My guess with exercise and working with weights you can probably get it .. however .. please don't fret over it as the "ultimate" goal .. otherwise, if it doesn't happen .. you'll forever feel defeated and I bet you are FABULOUS and perfect as you are now! :heart:
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    If you weigh 113 and don't have one I wouldn't get your hopes up.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    You're 18, 5'4 and aiming to get down to 100 lbs, which would put you at underweight for your height.

You're profile says your inspirations are to have others think you're beautiful.

I think you should stop looking at the number on the scale, or the thigh gap, or trying to fit into anyone elses expectations of beautiful. Focus on being fit and healthy. Mentally aswell.

^
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I don't care if I ever have a thigh gap, I'll just be happy to not have my thighs violently rub together when I walk. Wearing a dress in the summer, without having to wear tights underneath, is my greatest dream of all.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I'm 5/4 how much do you think I need to weigh around to have a thigh gap? I know it depends on your hips and things but just an estimate. I weigh 113lvs at he minute and don't have one, please don't just say I'm the right weight now because my body isn't toned or slim at all :)

without reading the 3 pages of replies ..

I'm 5'4 .. and have always had a thigh gap .. I'm 46 years old now and had it before and after I had a child. I've weighed between 105-120 lbs. It's truly a matter of bone structure and genetics.

There is weight training that will help you burn the fat over those inner thigh muscles .. but if you're even super lean with no fat .. you might still not have that "gap".

My guess with exercise and working with weights you can probably get it .. however .. please don't fret over it as the "ultimate" goal .. otherwise, if it doesn't happen .. you'll forever feel defeated and I bet you are FABULOUS and perfect as you are now! :heart:

^ This. Well said. I have one, but I honestly can't tell you when it happened because I wasn't obsessed with it. I just happened to realize one day that "Hey, would ya look at that!"
  • Morenna
    Morenna Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that I don't have thigh gap!!!!! :happy:

PS: The most important thing is to be HEALTHY.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I say you all should continue to post pictures.
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    Never. Gets. Old.

vYAya.jpg

AH I love this to pieces!!!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    If you're already at 113lbs, then your weight isn't the problem. You need to cut down your body fat, and to do that you have to strength train. Even then, no guarantee that you'll have a "thigh gap". That's just how some bodies are.

this. you are the perfect weight for yourheight. we are all built different, i am 5'4" as well and when i was around 110 i had one. just depends on how you are built. i wouldn't reccomend for you to drop anymore weight