I'm 5/4 how much do I need to weigh for a thigh gap?

Options
I'm 5/4 how much do you think I need to weigh around to have a thigh gap? I know it depends on your hips and things but just an estimate. I weigh 113lvs at he minute and don't have one, please don't just say I'm the right weight now because my body isn't toned or slim at all :)

Replies

• MissFitee
    MissFitee Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Tough to answer. I think muscle mass is more important than actual weight. Not the most satisfying answer, I know, but it's the truth. I would say stop trying to lose weight since your weight is ok, and start focusing on building muscle.
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    If you're already at 113lbs, then your weight isn't the problem. You need to cut down your body fat, and to do that you have to strength train. Even then, no guarantee that you'll have a "thigh gap". That's just how some bodies are.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Sorry to tell you that if you aren't genetically pre-determined to have a thigh gap you aren't going to be able to get one without some sort of cosmetic surgery. At 5'4" and 113 pounds it's not about your weight, if you want to continue to work on seeing if you can get one then you need to start lifting weights and shaping your body via that method.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm 5/4 how much do you think I need to weigh around to have a thigh gap? I know it depends on your hips and things but just an estimate. I weigh 113lvs at he minute and don't have one, please don't just say I'm the right weight now because my body isn't toned or slim at all :)

You probably don't have the genetics for it. At 5'4" and 113 pounds, you are already pretty thin.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Thigh gap has a lot more to do with bone structure than weight. Aim for a HEALTHY body fat percentage, not a look.

If I'm doing my math right, your ticker is telling me your goal weight is 100 pounds, which would put you firmly in the underweight BMI range. Not good.
  • skittles1928
    skittles1928 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You sound pretty tiny. You can try toning your thighs and reducing body fat, but if you don't have at high gap at 113 pounds, you'd have to lose body fat or muscles left to have it, to the point of being unhealthy.
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Well, if you're not toned and muscular, then that's probably where I would start. Stop worrying about your weight and worry more about being healthy, and if it's going to happen, then it will. That said, some people (or rather most people, probably) are just not predisposed to have a thigh gap no matter what they do. That's just the way their bodies are.
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    OP- you sound like you are already pretty tiny. Don't worry about something so silly as a 'thigh gap' because as others have already stated, it has more to do with bone structure than anything else.

On another note: I want to find whoever started this disgusting trend of thigh gaps and rib cages and punch them in the face. HEALTHY IS BEAUTIFUL LADIES!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    You're the right weight now
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    BOqhH.gif
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Never. Gets. Old.

vYAya.jpg
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    2/10
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

If you don't have one now, you don't have the bone structure for it. You would have to be so thin you'd be unhealthy to get one.

There is nothing wrong with having one if you're built that way. But it isn't the be all and end all of attractiveness. Don't focus on such a silly thing. Just be healthy.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Surely there are more important things than thigh gaps...................you may never get one!!
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    How fat do I have to get to have hips? The answere is: never gonna happen. I have weighed 153 lbs and I did not have hips--I had big boobs and a fat gut but no hips, no butt. Why? That is how my body is designed. I am an inverted triangle. I will never look like Marilyn Monroe or Beyonce. But I can look as good as possible for my body style--that is my aim. Don't try to achieve something that isn't in your genetic make up. I am 5'4 132 lbs and I have a thigh gap but no hips.
  • Madelinew22
    Options
    BOqhH.gif

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    BOqhH.gif

No doubt!
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    dont-feed-the-troll-1316286463763399354.jpeg
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options

Get a boyfriend. They're great for making thigh gaps!
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    sorry its not about weight ! Just tone up your legs and they will look hot even without a gap. And get more gap-ish