Eating enough...why is it so hard?!

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Dont worry about the numbers, eat when you are hungry, dont starve yourself and stop when you are full. Your body has a built in satisfying gland that will tell you when you dont need more

And that "built in satisfying gland" has worked so well for so many on MFP, right?

(dammit...*sigh*...what I meant to say is:)

Great job with your success so far OP!! And great responses from everybody!! I wish you nothing but success in all your fitness and health goals. :flowerforyou:
  • DesireeBoils
    Options
    Mix sugar in water and drink it

Yeah don't do this...
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    dry fruits - raisins and cranberries .
  • NostalgicMuse
    NostalgicMuse Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    and prunes.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Ice cream

Donuts

Cinnamon rolls with icing

Cheesecake
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Why are you forcing yourself to eat so much if you aren't hungry? As long as you are eating an adequate amount and are feeling fine, don't force yourself to eat all of your exercise calories. BTW if you are going by the calorie burn numbers on MFP, they can be as much as 50% over what you actually burn.

How do you know that she is eating 'so much'. Check the context before making these statements.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Ice cream

Donuts

Cinnamon rolls with icing

Cheesecake

marry me?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Pasta is probably your best bet for calorie dense food that is low in fat. You can also try dried fruit and fruit juice.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, don't eat celery! The negative calories will add up and you will have to try to eat more. I hate when that happens.
  • jerrydwane
    Options
    As many have mentioned 'peanut butter" you would be amazed at what just 2 tbl spoons a day will do..
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    You are doing it all wrong.

#teamforeverhungry
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Agrred... Ur doing it wrong...

Small handful of almonds or cashwes.. 300+cals...
    Virgin olive oil... 120cals a tsp
    N alot more... Do ur research
  • Stswife82
    Options
    Wow ,things took a turn for the crazy there......ok to put things in perspective, I am 5' 10" CW:235. MFP has me trying to net 1530 calories a day for a loss of 2 pounds a week.. I do power 90 (the original) and play just dance 4 (to keep things fun). I know that, because I am heavier, I will burn more calories than someone smaller than me. That being said, it is calculating that I burn 600 +\-calories doing those activities, it seems like a lot . I am finding it hard to keep up with it, seeing as how if I eat something that is too high in fat, I spend all day in the restroom, and if I eat low fat it takes a ton of food to get the calories in there, therefore making me feel stuffed all day. Clear as mud no? :tongue:
  • Workoutsahn
    Options
    Grains and fruits will be the best options. Pasta, rice, and beans are awesome. If getting full quickly is a problem, you can always juice a bunch of fruits and keep it in a travel mug to carry with you. Another way you can do this is to do some supplementation and plan out your meals. I know livestrong.com provides a pretty good list if you want to check it out.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    hard to give any advice without seeing your diary
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Wow ,things took a turn for the crazy there......ok to put things in perspective, I am 5' 10" CW:235. MFP has me trying to net 1530 calories a day for a loss of 2 pounds a week.. I do power 90 (the original) and play just dance 4 (to keep things fun). I know that, because I am heavier, I will burn more calories than someone smaller than me. That being said, it is calculating that I burn 600 +\-calories doing those activities, it seems like a lot . I am finding it hard to keep up with it, seeing as how if I eat something that is too high in fat, I spend all day in the restroom, and if I eat low fat it takes a ton of food to get the calories in there, therefore making me feel stuffed all day. Clear as mud no? :tongue:

Yes, things do tend to turn crazy pretty quickly on here. I made the assumption that you were trying to eat back all of your exercise calories, and apparently that is indeed your dilemma. My earlier post about MFP overestimating calorie burns remains true for many people. Before I started using a Heart rate monitor, MFP would give me over 600 calories burned for a moderate one hour bike ride. Using the HRM, I only burned 300 calories for the same hour ride. Many people have found this to be true for them as well, so they generally only eat back about half of their calories burned.
    Also, since you have a decent amount of weight to lose, you have fat stores that can be used for energy, so as long as you have plenty of energy to work out, and are eating at least your base level without a lot of extra hunger, I wouldn't worry about trying to force yourself to eat back a lot of your exercise calories. See how your weight loss goes and tweak your calories based on your weight loss rate and energy levels.
    BTW I love almonds. They are a great snack for me, and they don't cause me any problems as I have no gall bladder either. But you may not be able to handle them. You might start off slowly and see how you do with them.

Wishing you success!
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Its not hard. Set your macros (1 gm protein for every pound of lean body weight, some ratio, like .75 of fat grams per pound of body weight, total intake of 80% TDEE but always above BMR, rest of your calories however you want them) Then eat acccording to your macros and forget the healthy/unhealthy food dichotomy and eat.

It. ISN"T. That. Hard..

Please make these threads stop. It isn't that hard.

It isn't.

REALLY. It isn't hard. you put the food in your mouth. You chew. You swallow. You repeat. Not hard. We learn this at like 9 months.
  • weloveourboys
    weloveourboys Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Its not hard. Set your macros (1 gm protein for every pound of lean body weight, some ratio, like .75 of fat grams per pound of body weight, total intake of 80% TDEE but always above BMR, rest of your calories however you want them) Then eat acccording to your macros and forget the healthy/unhealthy food dichotomy and eat.

It. ISN"T. That. Hard..

It isn't.

REALLY. It isn't hard. you put the food in your mouth. You chew. You swallow. You repeat. Not hard. We learn this at like 9 months.

LOL. I totally agree.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options

It. ISN"T. That. Hard..

It isn't.

I read it as she is asking for help with working around her dietary restriction of most fats causing her pain. Therefore I wouldn't class this as a typical "can't eat enough" thread.

Not sure why you are still having pain after having it removed, though, most people I know without their gall bladder don't have the pain. My sister had hers out last year and the only effect it had on her (other than the cessation of pain) is she has to eat on time or she is in the bathroom for awhile. Have you mentioned this to your doctor?