Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    It SHOULD be Merry Christmas, in my opinion. Although Jesus Christ was a Jew, so he would celebrate Hanukkuk (sp?). I don;t like the acronym X-Mas. As someone one said, don't take the Christ out of Christmas. Merry Christmas Season!
    Love it!!
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas!!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I'm an atheist and i celebrate christmas. NO CAPITALIZATION FOR YOU. :D
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Personally, I love the hockey jerseys, especially when there isn't a season of hockey.

That being said...I don't care who you are or what you believe in.........whatever the season, if you care about your fellow man and can take the time each and everyday to make someone's day better and maybe make them smile when there might otherwise not be a reason to, you're awesome!

Believe what you choose to believe in, be true to yourself... say Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Merry Xmas ...whatever....just be kind to one another.

Enjoy the gift of giving, just try to do it year 'round.

Having said this...Feliz Navidad, Mele Kalikimaka, Frohes Weinachten, Joyeux Noel, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and SMILE!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Not to be rude, but this is a fitness website. Please keep this to the groups, I'm sure there are plenty of Christmas/Holiday-based groups on here.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    actually, the reason Christmas is celebrated in December was due to the fact that the original "Christian" Catholics wanted to convert more pagans into the religion and moved the celebration of Christ's birth to coincide with the Winter Solstice celebrations. Christ was actually born around April if you follow the history.

Wait... are there people out there who DON'T know this? Constantine did this many many many years after Christ's birth and death, along with completely re-writing the bible to suit his own tastes. I'm not even a practicing Christian and I know that. That's why there are many versions of the Bible to begin with as Kings, Emporers, Popes (and recently scholars) have commissioned their own versions based on their intereptations and "translations"
  • Scott
    Scott Posts: 204 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear posters,

This topic has been locked due to a violation of guideline #4 and #15
    4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals

No derogatory references to sex, gender, weight, body-type, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

We thank you for your participation but we ask that you filter your post through the MyFitnessPal guidelines.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Respectfully,
    Scott
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.