4'11 - 5'2 ladies?

Options
Hi ladies,

I am 4'11, some days 5'0 when I'm over confident and I weight 208 pounds. According to my height and weight I am morbidly obese and should weight between 115 and 125 lbs. the last time that I was 130, I was 20 and it was right before I became pregnant with my son. I am 30 now. I would like to lose around 80 pounds or at least be in a size 8, I see and hear weight loss stories of women who lose 50 pounds or more but they are all 5'5 and up. 200 pounds on a five foot tall woman looks COMPLETELY different on a woman who is 5'7..and so does the weight loss. Here are my measurements as of last sat, waist: 43, hips: 50.5 and legs: 27.5 I would love to hear from you ladies who are my height or close to it who are going on this journey of weight loss OR have a success story to share. If you have pics and measurements that you feel comfortable sharing thats great! I really need the motivation and to know that I am not alone. If you are this height, what are/were your goals? Thanks in advance ladies!

Replies

• deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I am 32 and 5'2. I started off at 219, am supposed to weigh a max of 138. I am currently at 172 (was down to 157 but I keep yo-yo'ing 10-15 lbs and I'm frustrated about it.) :ohwell: I am currently shooting for 150.

With dedication and planning to your meals and workouts you WILL lose weight as long as you are true to yourself and log everything you eat and all your workouts.

This is a great place for motivation. YOU can do this!!!
    Best of luck girlie...:flowerforyou:
  • Paixnidiara4180
    Paixnidiara4180 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just joined this site yesterday. I am 4'11, 5'0 on a good day, just like you said. I am in exactly the same boat you are about being morbidly obese for our weight and hight. My weight is 198.6. I need to drop at least 70 pounds if not more. According to guidelines we need to be like 120 pounds. I have more muscle on me, so I know I will never be that weight, but being a smaller size would be great. Anyhow, if you would like to work on this together, please email me. Good luck and I hope to hear from you!
  • Pipergirl2
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and just turned 40...I've been sitting at 137 for awhile. My highest weight was 148 and am looking to get to 125, but it's going very slow. You are certainly not alone, best of luck to you!
  • milleyea
    milleyea Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

I am 4'11, some days 5'0 when I'm over confident and I weight 208 pounds. According to my height and weight I am morbidly obese and should weight between 115 and 125 lbs. the last time that I was 130, I was 20 and it was right before I became pregnant with my son. I am 30 now. I would like to lose around 80 pounds or at least be in a size 8, I see and hear weight loss stories of women who lose 50 pounds or more but they are all 5'5 and up. 200 pounds on a five foot tall woman looks COMPLETELY different on a woman who is 5'7..and so does the weight loss. Here are my measurements as of last sat, waist: 43, hips: 50.5 and legs: 27.5 I would love to hear from you ladies who are my height or close to it who are going on this journey of weight loss OR have a success story to share. If you have pics and measurements that you feel comfortable sharing thats great! I really need the motivation and to know that I am not alone. If you are this height, what are/were your goals? Thanks in advance ladies!

Hello! I'm a 28 yr old mom of two. My SW and measurements were: 331lbs bust-54 waist-54 hips-64 underbust-48 (for bra measurement). My current weight and measurements are: 286lbs bust-51 waist-47 hips-58 underbust-44. So far I've lost 44 pounds. My goal is 130lbs (or less!).
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 (in shoes, lol) and started off around 170, if not a little more. I'm currently around 125-126, I'd like to loose 5 more pounds. I havent weighed 125lbs since I was 12/13 years old, it's wild. I'm happy where I'm at in a size 6, I just have some reshaping to do. Feel free to friend me if you want to. It's hard for us shorties. We show every single pound.
  • Yolanda4160
    Yolanda4160 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I'm only 5'1" and currently weight 158 pds. (started in january at 225pds) My measurements are over bust:37, waist: 30, adn hips: 37 (currently wear between a 10 or 12 depending on clothes). I will see pics of girls that weigh exactly what I weigh but are taller and they looks so much thinner and fitter :frown: I have been so disciplined and dedicated, but I do lose self esteem when I see pics like that.

Good luck-- feel free to friend me if you need some encouragement :smile:
  • LJeanOsborne
    Options
    This is the perfect topic for me! I am 4'11" and currently 209lbs, the highest weight I have ever been. I'm also 41, which adds to the frustration of losing weight. I'm trying to go slow and I just started. My first goal is 8lbs by the end of December. Long term goal is to reach 130lbs. then go from there. Back in my early 20's I was 110-115! Not sure if I'll ever get back to that weight ever again.

Can some of you that have been on this weight loss journey longer share what you have been doing that is working? What are you eating? What kind and how much exercise?

If any of you want to friend me I would love that!

Lisa
  • fitnessgal1985
    fitnessgal1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I will add you with a message. I'm 5ft too. I like to compare notes with other 5 footers lol (Adds are welcome from other short women as well)
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11'' so hello fellow shorties. I want to lose 20 pounds. It is a matter of stubborn pride. I have a box of shame filled with clothes I can't even shimmy halfway up my thighs I want to fit into again and I have way too much money invested in bras my boobs no longer can fit into since my weight gain. But I will fit into them again dang it.
  • danielleeliz_xo
    danielleeliz_xo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Bump

Im 5'0 and was 211 lbs. Today I'm about 165 - 168. I was a size 18 but now I'm a 14. I would love to be an 8!
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    5'1", started at 244 before joining this site. Current 222. I'm yo-yoing three pounds at the moment and its driving me nuts. I'd love to hit 127lbs but 140 is my current goal.
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Im about 5'3 and I am currently maintaining my weight at 124. My heaviest weight was 200 lbs so I can definitely understand the challenge of trying to lose weight and especially losing the weight when you are short. I know for me if I gain even 5 lbs, I can see it because Im short and it really doesnt have anywhere to go! lol.

But you can do it! You just have to believe in yourself and believe that it can be done but ONLY if you want it bad enough. Ive been counting my calories and keeping a diary for over 15 years. The times that I stopped tracking what I ate I ended up gaining some of the weight back....I exercise 6 days per week and since I am now a Personal Trainer, part of my job is to stay in shape so I do different workout programs such as Insanity, P90X, Asylum Vol 1 and Asylum Vol 2. I am currently doing a 2nd round of Asylum Vol 2. I am also a runner so during the spring and summer, I run 5Ks, 10Ks and I have run 7 half marathons. So if I can do it, anyone can do it! And I used to be the Queen of saying "I cant". But now I am the Queen of saying "I can...now watch me".

Feel free to add me for support and motivation and if you have any questions, send me a message.
  • cra125
    Options
    I am 5'1 but alway claim 5'2 on a good day. I think I am 6' tall but am reminded by the scale that my small frame was not intended to carry so much weight. I am 55 year young and struggle with some health issue. In fact that is what prompted me to finally determine to make some dramatic changes. I began my journey about 6 months ago. I was shocked when the doctor told me I was at 164 and "an inch away from diabetes"! I am now at about 132. My goal is to get down to about 122-120. These last 10 or so pounds seem to be the hardest. And I am not good with exercise either. I am working on that part of "getting healthy".

I was delighted to find fellow "petite-sized" weight loss warriors. Just finding and reading some of your posts is an encouragement. Blessings to all!
  • LJeanOsborne
    Options
    Hey guys! Im about 5'3 and I am currently maintaining my weight at 124. My heaviest weight was 200 lbs so I can definitely understand the challenge of trying to lose weight and especially losing the weight when you are short. I know for me if I gain even 5 lbs, I can see it because Im short and it really doesnt have anywhere to go! lol.

But you can do it! You just have to believe in yourself and believe that it can be done but ONLY if you want it bad enough. Ive been counting my calories and keeping a diary for over 15 years. The times that I stopped tracking what I ate I ended up gaining some of the weight back....I exercise 6 days per week and since I am now a Personal Trainer, part of my job is to stay in shape so I do different workout programs such as Insanity, P90X, Asylum Vol 1 and Asylum Vol 2. I am currently doing a 2nd round of Asylum Vol 2. I am also a runner so during the spring and summer, I run 5Ks, 10Ks and I have run 7 half marathons. So if I can do it, anyone can do it! And I used to be the Queen of saying "I cant". But now I am the Queen of saying "I can...now watch me".

Feel free to add me for support and motivation and if you have any questions, send me a message.

What would you suggest for someone just starting out doing exercise. I'm so out of shape. This week I have been doing 30 minutes on the treadmill with a 2 incline for 25 minutes of that. I'm staying well within the 1200 calorie range. Is it okay for this to fluctuate? The last few days, because I'm getting used to tracking everything my calories have been about 1100. Is it okay to have a range of 1100-1300?
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    40DD-43-45 last I checked and 5' tall on any day. Starting weight: 205. Current weight: 181. Initial goal: 150. Probable stop if I still have something to lose: 125. Biggest exercise change: trying to push myself harder every day. Biggest dietary change: I miss cheese.
  • peachElibrarian
    peachElibrarian Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. I'm 28 years old, 5'1 and my current weight is 218. The highest I've ever been was about 230 lbs and my goal is 120ish.
    I joined MFP a long time ago and it worked for me ...until I stopped counting and then of course I backtracked. I recently learned about some pretty scary cancer history on my dad's side of the family and decided it was time to take charge of my health. Not to mention I am SICK TO DEATH of buying frumpy, shapeless plus sized clothes. I don't know about everyone else here but when I add a few pounds it doesn't get evenly distributed through out my frame but ends up in rolls around my abdomen. I think that has a lot to do with being so short and I hate it. Down with the rolls!
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm always looking for new people to follow, especially if your food diary is public (I love borrowing healthy food ideas).
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 currently 137.8 pounds. my goal weight is 128 but i will probably go lower than that! XD add me I'm very determined to get to my goal!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'2". 44 years old. Size 14. Currently down to 178. I had been at 186 at my highest. I just started working seriously on my helath. When I was 18 I weighed 120 and thought I was huge. Now I look at those pictures and I actually think I looked too thin, scrawny. I personally think I looked my best between 130 and 140, even though all the charts say that's too much. I've decided that I'm not going to go by the charts. But more about how my blood pressure responds to weight loss, how my stamina and endurance feel during exercise and play, and how my blood sugar tests out. And I will celebrate with joy the day I can wear a size 12 jeans.
  • Babes1986
    Babes1986 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am 5 2.5" tall and current weight is 165lbs and I wear a size 10-11. I want to be 159lbs by Christmas which I think is doable but my over all goal is to be 130lbs.

I have just had my second baby in March she is a little doll and completed our family. We now have our boy and girl and are finished with our baby making days and I want my body back.
  • wilmawm
    wilmawm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow shorties. :)
    I'm 5'2", 56 years old, and started out over 200 lbs in May 2011. I'm now 125 lbs; 1 pound to go! After decades of yo-yoing I'm confident I'm going to keep it off this time. I've finally accepted that my problems with overeating/binging are a disease I'm going to have to deal with forever. I'm not going to be magically cured when I see see my goal weight on the scale. My approach to losing the weight has been simple. Basically, I never eat seconds and I only eat foods that have at least some nutritional value. I also exercise consistently now; primarily walking and some running.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!