4'11 - 5'2 ladies?

Options

Replies

• pandabuhr123
    Options
    :) Hey! I just joined a couple days ago and I weigh in at 155 ish. There's no scale in college! I'm a victim of the freshman 15 :( and now a year later as a sophomore I have so much trouble with it I cant lose the weight! I'm 5ft 1in btw :D haha I'm looking for people to just help me stay strong and motivated! Add me :)
  • dspmom
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and I totally agree that 5 pounds makes a huge difference on me versus on a woman that is 5'7 or taller! I was always skinny, skinny when I was younger. I liked food but I didn't overeat. Met my husband and his family and they are big food pushers. My family centers around food to but if I'm not hungry they don't push it like my in laws and husband do. Anyways, I gained a little weight. Then went through infertility and I just ate and ate and ate and ate my feelings out. After 2 c-sections and having the c-section pouch I'm done with being fat!! My first goal is 120. I may go lower once I reach that.

I'm also at 1200 calories (although I've not done too well this week) and wonder if that's too low or not.

Also, add me if anyone wants to. I'm pretty new to MFP so I don't have any friends yet.
  • ktbkitten
    Options
    Hello! I am 4'11 and 3/4!! So close to 5'0 ft. but not quite. I am currently 156.5 lbs and I hope to get down to 120-125, I might change goals because I've always been too big or too small, never normal and healthy. All through high school I was anywhere between 95-105 lbs and as a dumb teenager I thought I was fat (because I had thunder thighs!). I gained a lot of weight while I was pregnant and most came off after I had him (8 years ago!) but through the years, which have been stressful, I have put all the "baby weight" back on lol!! It turns out I can't eat the same way that I did back when I was 17! I am hoping to get down to or below 140 by my birthday in February. I hate feeling uncomfortable in my own skin and feeling every pound of fat in my midsection. I do not have much time to workout because I work full time and go to college part time and have a family, but I at least try to stay more active and keep off my butt. Feel free to friend me. :smooched:
  • hamonk
    hamonk Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am 5"1 &3/4 and have a total goal of 95 pounds to get me down to 120. I am 32 and vrey determined to have a huge chunk gone by the time I turn 33 in the spring!! In the last 7 weeks I have lost 19.8 pounds and would love to have some more friends who are determined, dedicated and have similar goals.
  • cindl24
    cindl24 Posts: 178
    Options
    Add me a list of the short girls. I'm 5'1 and started at 218. I am not sure what my highest ever was, I was afraid to get on the scale, but am guessing it was about 10 pounds more. I'm down to 170 now and am hoping to get to 140. Right now I weight the least I have since the mid 1990s. :happy:
  • mowree
    mowree Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm 4'11" and weigh 109ish. I'm 52 and going thru menopause so losing isn't easy for me. However, I am slowly making progress. Something that has been KEY for me has been realizing & accepting when I am actually hungry and when I just have an appetite.
    My diary is open to friends - feel free to add me.
    Good luck to you on your journey.
  • Shonja
    Shonja Posts: 50
    Options
    Hello,
    I am also 4'11.75" but I weigh 218 lbs right now. My goal is 130 lbs which I have not weighed since I was 9 months pregnant, which was over 16 years ago. I have never been "skinny" and do not wish to be so, but what I do want is to be healthy. My Granny was diagnosed with breast cancer almost 2 years ago. After that shocker I started to think about diabetes and high blood pressure, which both run in the family. I decided that since all are made worse by obesity, it is time to take control of my weight instead of letting my weight control me. So now that Granny is done with Chemo and radiation treatment, it is time to begin working on me. So any one that would like to assist with helping me stay motivated and getting healthy, I would really appreciate the help. And of course I would return the favor! There is a 10K in April here in Charleston that my sister and I have done for the last few years. This year I would like to be about 30 lbs lighter for this race so that I can actually run it instead of walking. Ok, maybe jog is a better word...lol...but I want to move faster and better my time.
  • monkeys_mom
    monkeys_mom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft even, though my DH says I'm only 4'11 but I disagree.

Any who, I started losing weight two years ago this January. I've always been on the skinny side, but after graduating/getting married/having a baby (c-section), I gained 50 lbs.I am 26 years old Here are my stats.

Start pant size: 12
    Current:0/1
    Start weight: 155
    Current weight: 110-111
    Start waist: not sure, but in the last six months I've lost 7 inches.
    Current waist: 26.5
    Start hips: 40+ this is based off an old belt, so who knows.
    Current hips: 31.5
    Start bra size: 38 D
    Current bra size: 32 C

I still want to lose another 5 lbs, but am really trying to focus on being toned/muscular and losing body fat. I first want to lose those last 5 lbs, then losing body fat percentage. My current bf % is 21-22, and am aiming for roughly 18.

I wanted to lose slowly and to change bad habits. I really needed this to be a lifestyle change, not a diet. My motto this whole time has been "do it until it stops working, then do something different." Change portion sizes first, then add in a veggie/fruit while taking away a fattening side. Change snacks, and start being more active. I didn't start counting calories until I had lost nearly 25 lbs. I also didn't start exercising on a regular basis until this past two months, cause for me that was the hardest part. It's taken me too years, while some people can lose 50 in a year. I knew that going in, I still needed to be able to live my life, and enjoy it. I don't forbid any type of food--I just budget it in to the best day, with a controlled portion size. I strive for a balanced week, not a balanced day. Sometimes, all my days are balanced--other times not so much. This is just what worked for me, and I'm happy where I'm at (most days). The only thing I would change would be to start exercising much sooner--again, hardest (still is) part for me.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm 4'11" and weigh 109ish. I'm 52 and going thru menopause so losing isn't easy for me. However, I am slowly making progress. Something that has been KEY for me has been realizing & accepting when I am actually hungry and when I just have an appetite.
    My diary is open to friends - feel free to add me.
    Good luck to you on your journey.

Is the perimenopause totally killing you too?? I can't wait for this to be over. The weight-gain alone is enough to make me crazy. All of a sudden, I hit 40 and starting gaining pounds so fast I couldn't keep up with it. My entire metabolism changed. It's been 4 years of this now, and I'm really ready to be done, and very much hoping that once it's done my metabolism will get back on track.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I am 4'9.5" (on a good day I am 4'10 lol. I started out at 210... lost weight, then gained weight again and hit 218 before I got serious. I am now 203ish pounds. Right now my goal is 120 and I will re-evaluate then. I have set my self with 5 pound goals so my ticker is a liar lol but its easier to concentrate on 5 pounds at a time rather than looking at the bigger picture.

I am hypothyroid - so it makes losing weight a little difficult, not impossible but difficult.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'1.5 tall.
    My starting weight was 215.
    I'm in a size 8 (sometimes a 6) at the moment.
    My goal weight is 135. Then I'll re-evaluate.
    For me it's more about how my body looks/feels, and being strong/healthy. Less about the numbers on the scale.
    Feel free to check out my progress pics on my profile.

Best of luck to you!
  • rinnismom
    Options
    hi :smile:

i'm 5'1", weighed in today at 168. (go me)

30, two kids, kept the weight for over 10 years from the last baby.

i started my weight-loss journey at 182.

i've tweaked and given up and started back and been uber-active and i've restricted and given up again.... i have given up and sent my cries of woe into the sky because i wasn't managing my foods wisely enough. i was on for months and months without seeing any weight loss..

now, i'm doing something that i knew i should have done. i'm a carbaholic. bread is like candy for me.

just making wiser choices (where carbs come into the equation), i've lost 7 lbs. in a month. i'm not restricting. i've had a few days where i went over.

the reason why i'm telling you more than you asked is because, sometimes, the most obvious things are what we realize way after we've stressed ourselves out.

with some patience you'll do great!
  • arikag
    arikag Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'0" and I'm 27!

My starting weight (over a year and a half ago) was 144. I lost some weight with P90X, and got down to about 134. I gained a few lbs, went up to 139lbs for a while after stopping working out.

About 3 months ago, I started back with a new positive attitude, and have gone from 137 to 122.5 (CW) in the past 3 months!
    I'd like to get down to 115 and evaluate from there.

So far, sticking strictly to my 1200/day calorie allowance (I "eat back" most of the calories I earn through exercise), and working out for about an hour 5-6 days a week has worked really well for me. I do 20-45 minutes of cardio 4-5 times per week, and strength training for 20-45 minutes 3-4 times per week.

Good luck! Stick with it, set goals and just keep trucking! :)
  • Hab1978
    Hab1978 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    *raises hand & stands* Hi, I'm Heather and I too am a fellow shortie! I started here in January at 256 lbs. I'm 5 ft. 2 in. & 34 yrs. old. I've lost 46 pounds and went from a size 22/24 or 3X to currently a 14 or size Large. I hope to lose another 40 lbs to reach my goal and even then, statistically, I will still be 40 lbs overweight! :-/
    I've taken up running & found that my body changed the most by doing so, but lately I have been incorporating some Kettlebell workouts in & have also noticed changes in my body from those. I think the most important thing to remember (I've been told this by a friend & firmly believe it's true) is to try different things & find what works for YOU!
    You CAN do this! Good Luck & no matter what, don't give up!! :)
  • enigmachik
    Options
    I'm 4'10" and I'm 33 years old. I started my journey at 228 lbs. I currently weigh 173 lbs. My goal is to get to 124 lbs. I'm down about 55 lbs now. I think the key is to track everything. Every single bite, lick and taste. I tend to over estimate my portions just in case. Consistent exercise is key also. The exercise doesn't have to be crazy difficult, just walking will do, but it needs to be consistent. Good luck ladies, we can do this!!
  • traciemc
    traciemc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yay for shorties!!

I'm 5' and 41 years old. My heaviest weight was 195 lbs, and current weight is 136 lbs. I would like to drop another 6 pounds for psychological reasons, but I'm more concerned about toning up now.

The BMI charts have the upper end of the "normal" weight range for my height at about 128 lbs, and if I get there, great, but I'm not too concerned about it. I've always been curvy - I think my boobs alone take me into the overweight category on the BMI charts!!

Starting clothing size was Australian size 16 (around 14 US, I think) - currently size 8 - 10 (approx 6 - 8 US).

Currently doing 30 day shred, and had lost 6 inches by the end of level 2. Now halfway through level 3, so will probably go at least another round after I finish :)

January 2012 - 186 lbs (84.5 kg)
    january2012.jpg

November 2012 - 136 lbs (61.8kg)
    15november1.jpg
  • blwalton70
    blwalton70 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    OH DEAR!!!! I have the personality of a 6 foor tall person, but I am only 5 foot exactly! My highest weight ever was 208. I started MFP in May 2012 at 178 pounds. I have lost 32 on this site. I now weigh 146 pounds. I haven't weighed that in over 10 years! I have 2 small toddlers (2 and 3 year old , 15 months apart, both born via c section) My main target this time around is to get into the 130's and loose that nasty belly I aquired with my babies! This all takes time and now I can finally say that if I happened to stay at my weight, I wouldn't feel bad about it. I am happy being me this time around! It's been hard work! I hit a plateau for 4 straight weeks and finally got off of it by eating "clean" and changing my work outs! Good luck to all you shorty girls out there! I always tell my husband, "how hot would I be if I was 5 foot 6!!!"
  • freckles_cmj
    freckles_cmj Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    5'2" on a good day here and hoping to get to 150 by next summer. I didnt have time to read everyones post..will have to come back tomorrow, but I welcome new friends with similar goals! :)
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hello there, I am also 4'11" and my weight was 154 pounds. My doctor ran some blood tests and determined that my obesity was causing elevated blood sugar, high triglycerides and elevated cholesterol. She said that at my age I should consider a goal weight of 95 pounds, which is a BMI of 20.

Being so short, at 150 lbs I looked even shorter, and very obese. I remember my measurements being something like 40 - 36 - 38 which doesn't sound like much, but it looked very large on my frame. I am currently around 118 pounds with measurements of 37.5 - 29.5 - 35 and still going.

Best wishes on your journey. Stay positive, if I can do this after being fat from the age of 8 onward, so can you.
  • 1Clueless1
    Options
    Hey everyone. I. 5'2" and 42 years old and my sw at the end of August was 168. I am currently at 148. My goal is 130 because I am more on the muscular side. My mom, who is built like me, went from 170 to 120 and while her body looked pretty good her face was so sunken that she looked like she had aged about 15 years. I told her to put some weight back on. It scared me. Now she is around 140 and she looks healthy. So when I hit my goal, I am hoping my workout buddy will be honest and tell me if my face is too thin. If not my goal will be a healthy 125 and I hope in a size 6. Haven't seen that since high school. :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!