Don't drink your calories?

So I made a mistake today. I took advantage of a deal from Caribou for a $2 medium caramel drink.

Look, it looks delicious!

NY08402

Yeah. That deliciousness was 850 calories, sickeningly sweet and altogether not worth it.

In fact, I posted it on my diary and admitted to my faults and even some of my friends list can't believe it! Here it is, ladies. I'm not exaggerating! http://www.cariboucoffee.com/page/1/beverage-food-detail.jsp?id=372501&type=drink

So I was intrigued. I looked online for more drinks that have us drinking away our calories and some of the biggest culprits are alcohol (no surprise there), 'frou-frou' coffee drinks and shakes.

Is there anything you've drank that you can't believe contained that many calories?

Replies

• stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    There's 1160 calories in a large McDonalds milkshake. :noway:
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    as soon as I joined MFP, I looked up all my fav Starbucks drinks....nothing crazy like that Caribou drink, but it was eye opening how many calories I was drinking in during a week!

And it takes a lot of willpower for me to stay away from smashburger's milkshakes, around 800 cals each :sad:
  • hadlam83
    hadlam83 Posts: 140
    I am absolutely terrible at drinking my calories! I love fizzy drink!! and could drink a big bottle of it a day and I dont like the artificial stuff so I try my hardest to stick to one fizzy a day :D
  • fitnessgal1985
    fitnessgal1985 Posts: 110 Member

OMG!

Makes me glad I downgraded to a F'real Milkshake (once in a while). That's about 500 calories. Still bad but... obviously there's worse! lol
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Starbucks green tea frap - grande, 450 calories.....:sad:
  • ilovescarymovies
    ilovescarymovies Posts: 202 Member
    i dont drink any calories i would starve if i did lol
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    goose_island_beer_co_bourbon_county_brand_coffee_stout.jpg
    this.
    715 calories... and worth it for every sip if you're a stout fan.
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    For me it was the amount of calories in mixed drinks. I knew they had more than when you just mix liquor and soda because the juice is so syrupy and whatnot, but I never realized how high the calorie content actually is. It was definitely an eye opener the first time I tried to log a night out with friends. It also made me realize why I gained such a large amount of weight over the past couple of years. =/
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Strangely enough, milk, orange juice, Gatorade, Powerade, chocolate milk, etc. I don't even want to know what my old friend, the grande mocha frappe had in it.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    i dont drink any calories i would starve if i did lol

I try to do the same. I have my coffee and tea, which with sugar equals out to about a couple hundred a day. But anymore than that and I'm wasting calories that could go towards filling me up!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    The only calories I drink is my rum on the weekends.

Other then that, it's the sweet, sweet taste of delicious aspartame.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    450 calories or something like that in a Mcdonalds Mocha Frappe. So delicious... :grumble:
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    I don't drink my calories :noway: it's a waste ???? I'd rather eat them :love: ... I stick to sobe life waters 0 calorie there so yummy that and water... My only drink cals come from coffee creamer and that's still under 100 cals and well cranberry juice because its that damn good:drinker:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member

McDonalds is the worst! I bought a small frappe from them once, thinking it would have roughly the same number of calories as a frappuchino. Nope! Twice as much for the same size -.-
  • I used to get an oreo cookie shake every day from jack in the box until i found out it was around 900 calories :sad:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    I drink lattes all the time. The milk is a good add to my protein goal and I find them quite satiating.

However, I would not be happy if I found out a drink was over 800 calories - that would screw with my targets a bit.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    I stick with water and tea with splenda and a splash of milk. The only other thing I drink is diet green tea because it has no calories.
  • repmlrs
    repmlrs Posts: 154
    well the 1lb snikers bar has almost 3000 calories.
  • taem
    taem Posts: 495 Member
    4000 calories in a pound of oil. About 400 calories in 2 tablespoons of oil (any kind).

That really beats any drink.
  • Marks281172
    Marks281172 Posts: 127 Member
    Im glad there are no calories in beer :huh: :drinker: