Did anyone get constipated when you started eating less?

Options
Guamybear
Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
I know this might sound like a gross subject but just wondering if your regularity changed? I was always very regular,like clock work and now I am not. My intake of food is a lot less and I think because of that I might need to add more fiber to it.. My water intake is fine.

I don't feel bloated..just feel off not being regular anymore..:grumble:

Replies

• Guamybear
    Options
    No one?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Eating a very low fat diet can lead to constipation as well. You need some fat in your diet to "grease" the wheels.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    No, but I switched to a plant based diet, so I eat a TON of fiber!
  • Thokiz
    Thokiz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Eat a little ~ poop a little

Eat two pizza's ~ poop two pizza's

it's poop math :)
  • lajuice7
    lajuice7 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

What's a plant based diet...? You mean lots of veggies?
  • GluttonousGirl
    GluttonousGirl Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Constipation is a real pain in the a** isn't it? ;) to answer your question..I'm constipated all the time. Try taking benefiber or miralax once a day. You wont even taste them. If that doesn't help...come find me. Ive got plenty of suggestions.
  • isitsororo
    Options
    I don't think I got true constipation, but my need to drop the kids off at the pool decreased in frequency.
  • shyeban
    shyeban Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I went the other way at first but I originally ate mostly vegetables. Maybe rebalance what you're eating? Too much protein will bung you up I imagine?
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options

What's a plant based diet...? You mean lots of veggies?

Yes, my diet is based on plant food. No meat, no dairy or animal products of any kind...

I love this::

Eat a little ~ poop a little

Eat two pizza's ~ poop two pizza's

it's poop math :)
  • jazcndoit
    jazcndoit Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I did!! n was super confused as to why... so I increase fiber n amnt of water... also did a juice cleanse.. it helped regulate =)
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    I did too at first, but am prone to constipation anyway, so I wasn't surprised. I drank tons of water and ate lots of fiber, but it really didn't help a lot. I would take a gentle laxative if I really needed it. After about 2-3 months though, things have started moving along again, lol. I think my body just needed time to adjust because not only was I eating less, but I had just given birth.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Yeah, just increase fibre and water intake and that should sort itself out
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of what has been said all ready... Protein can make you more constipation-prone, and cutting back on the greasy foods can add to the issue as well. I try to remember to take some fiber-gummies before bed most days. They're just 4 grams of fiber, but I really seem to have an issue with hitting my fiber target more often than not. But yes, get more fiber, whether it be from your foods or a supplement, and drink lots of water. Hopefully it will help regulate things.

(BTW, for some TMI: I used to go every single day, sometimes 2-3 times per day. Now I'm generally lucky to go once a day, unless I've eaten a lot of greasy food or somehow, by a miracle likely, hit my fiber goals. lol)
  • pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    High fiber, lots of veg, staying hydrated will help. Exercise is also important. "They" say it's healthy to poo several times a day instead of once every 2 or 3 days. It's weird when it finally happens, but you'll feel great :)
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    About midway through my weight loss I was constipated. Did a little research and learned that is normal - any change in eating pattern can cause it. Plus the whey protean I use as a suppliment can cause it as well.

make sure you get enough fiber and drink water.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    I'm voting for the more water/fiber/fat option. Just more fiber won't necessarily help. You need fats to go with that, and lots of water to keep the fiber moving.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    If you reduce the quantity of food you've eaten you'll reduce the amount you poop. I used to work in stock control for a large supermarket chain and you wouldn't believe the uplift in sales of toilet roll over Christmas. People eat more, they poop more. :indifferent:
  • Guamybear
    Options
    okay, just wanted to confirm that.. I have IBS so for me to be constipated is kind of rare..will work on more fiber.. just had a big salad hopefully that will help a little..
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Track your fiber get at least 20g drink lots of water. Lettuce does not have much fiber; berries are great. Look at labels when shopping.
  • mconway79
    mconway79 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I find the opposite. I am eating more fruits and veggies and things move more smoothly lol