Canned Tuna - Need Suggestions

Options

Replies

• BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    well i cut up tomatoe,onion,cucumber,Jalapeno,and lemon.. Mix it all together and salt to your taste and its sooooo good i swear ppl think its wierd but in mexico were my family is from we eat tuna like that its good take my word on it try it...:happy:
    Yep. Tuna ceviche's my favorite way to eat tuna.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I dice up 1/2 an avocado and mix in the tuna with it. I add in a tiny touch of EVOO and some finely diced granny smith apple.
  • wagon0619
    wagon0619 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I usually mix it with one of the steam in bag veggie mixes.
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Tzatziki greek yogurt. YUM!
  • musiqueange
    musiqueange Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I was just worrying about what to use tuna with a couple days ago! This thread is great!

What I ended up doing was making Skinny Stone Soup (http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1725,146165-244205,00.html) I found online. I modified it a little because I didn't have everything it wanted but it ended up tasting really good and the calories came out to about 100 a serving, almost.
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I throw mine onto spinach with peanuts, raisins, and cauliflower. No dressing .. I think it's great!
  • nikkiv16
    nikkiv16 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I mix it with Ranch dressing instead of mayo (more taste less calories). So tuna ranch dressing a boiled egg and add a lil Tapatio to it. I have it with a few saltine crackers.
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    tuna cakes - can google recipes for it....believe it's just an egg, tuna, and bread crumbs and some seasoning
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    what's wrong with mayo?
  • milleyea
    milleyea Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I mix it with Ranch dressing instead of mayo (more taste less calories). So tuna ranch dressing a boiled egg and add a lil Tapatio to it. I have it with a few saltine crackers.

^^This on corn tortillas! :smile:
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    tuna cakes
    That's what I call my wife. :blushing:
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i mix it with boiled eggs and some hot sauce
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    tuna cakes
    That's what I call my wife. :blushing:

there's worse things you could call her :happy:
  • Curvatures
    Options
    Healthy Tuna Melts

Canned tuna in water
    Chopped red onion - if you have it
    Chopped celery - if you have it
    a sprinkle of chopped cilantro, if you want it
    Some drained canned corn, if you want it
    A tbsp of plain yogurt
    grated sharp cheddar - i love Cabot's special reserve ones - the amount depends on how hungry you are, and how decadent or good you want to be.
    the secret awesomeness - chiles in adobo sauce, or just the sauce they came in, to taste. Also, spicy food boosts metabolism :D
    whole wheat pita pockets, the thin ones, cut in half

Mix all ingredients, and fill the pita pocket halves.
    Bake about 10 minutes at 400 F, or until cheese is melted.

A can of tuna will easily fill two half pitas, and feed a pretty hungry person
  • laura_lynn66
    Options
    mix it with chopped onion and dijon mustard...surprisingly good.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    mush in half an avocado, I put in cayenne pepper as well to put some heat into it
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Last week I emptied the can (including the spring water) into the frying pan, along with chopped onion and tomatoes and cooked it until the onions were soft....delicious.
    Today I mixed it with sweet peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms and cottage cheese....yummy
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    This sounds disgusting but a friend swore by it. Crushed pineapple mixed with tuna. He was a body builder so I assume he knew what he was doing.
  • Kathrynaline
    Options
    avacado! It has creamy consistancy and buttery yummyness. Goes GREAT with tuna. Make just like reg tuna salad. You'll love it. Add half a teaspoon lemon juice for a zip( and so it doesn't turn brown.)
  • chrst793
    chrst793 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love tuna and love these ideas