Obese Only Gym?

Options
1235»

Replies

• mandermcbutterpants
    Options
    Seems discriminatory. I dislike that. On the other hand, a lot of skinny people at gyms can be jerks to really overweight people. My aunt (who wasn't even that overweight) had skinny young women giggling at her while she tried to work out. But then a lot of them can be nice, too.

I had a guy laugh at me while my trainer was training me a few weeks ago. He was immediately taken care of by my trainer, who made the guy feel even more like the douche he was.

I have had more of the fit people happy to see I was changing my life than anything and are very positive toward me.

As far as the post topic, I think that it might be more of an incentive for people who are heavy, to go to a gym where they wouldn't feel like they stuck out like a sore thumb. Here in my town, there is a gym that is for women only. There are no men outside picketing because they want to get in.

Just my 3 bucks worth ;)
  • LollipopPsyco
    Options
    Seems discriminatory. I dislike that. On the other hand, a lot of skinny people at gyms can be jerks to really overweight people. My aunt (who wasn't even that overweight) had skinny young women giggling at her while she tried to work out. But then a lot of them can be nice, too.
    How did she know they were giggling at her and not just giggling at something else?