Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life...

Options
hey !

Tired of being a big fat guy. I need to lose a ton of weight. I am starting a Keto diet monday, right now I am counting calories to get my stomach used to eating less. I am 6' and 550lbs, I am big Tank that can barely move. One day at a time I am slowly doing things to get myself back in control.

I gained all my weight in college, stuffing my face, and drinking the night away, which ultimately made me stupid, as I didn't do to well in my classes.

Each day is a challenge for me, as I am eating better and slowly walking away the pounds. I can't go to a gym, as my doctor said I'd be too big to use the equipment, but suggested I join the local pool rec, and use the pool to swim in as that is very low impact on the joints, and is a good amount of resistance that I will lose weight nicely.

That's my story. Let's be friends!

Replies

• roselinville
    Options
    welcome to the site. I feel the same way. Sometimes support is the best thing.
    Renee
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Good luck man! We all start somewhere, and it looks like you're on the right track.
  • mwbulechek
    mwbulechek Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Why Monday? I know it can be hard, but never put off tomorrow what you can kick *kitten* at today!
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Over here! :smile:
  • Kjandcuttysmom
    Kjandcuttysmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    You can do this! You have a great support system here to help you.
    Take care
    shine
  • TouchDownJesus
    Options
    Welcome to the gang! Feel free to add me!
  • bhhblue
    bhhblue Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • Masterdo
    Masterdo Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Set goals and write them down. Not weight goals, those are the side effects. Things you want to do on a day to day basis, or new activities you want to take part in but can't or won't because of your weight. Like this walking and swimming that could be the first steps towards going to the gym, or hiking, rock climbing, whatever :)

Setting these goals will give a purpose and rewards and all sorts of nice subtle incentives to your journey. At some point you will question your choice of going through this hard change, and that list will help you kick your self doubts aside :)

Good luck!
  • racerchick31
    racerchick31 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    =) Hi! Welcome to MFP!

Feel free to add me if you want.....There are a lot of great people on here & very supportive. I'm here if you need me.

You can do this!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best! You are very honest and you use that to your advantage by logging every BLT(bite,lick and taste) you eat and exercise you will succeed.Just one suggestion to consider.Set smaller goals Maybe 50 pounds at a time.When you reach one goal then set another. It won't seem so overwhelming that way! Good luck!
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    No lie. I've been all of those things at some point in my life. Ha!

Don't let yourself get discouraged. Stay open-minded. It's easy to get defensive during major life changes. I'd suspect that you are reasonably good at rationalizing bad behaviors and self sabotaging. Don't let your alter ego win. There's nothing shameful about having a problem, or host of problems, as long as you face them head on. Shame comes from knowing you have a problem and deciding not to face it.

I'm glad you're here. You have a real shot at being the man you know exists deep down. Best of luck to you!
  • JenMcCrory
    JenMcCrory Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You an do this!! Add me for support x
  • Kaleigh2013
    Kaleigh2013 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • endlesoul
    endlesoul Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this is a great place to keep track of your journey. Like all places you get the good with the bad just hang in there. Try to get a good support system, one site isn't enough sometimes.

I noticed you mentioned "Keto" diet. My son has been on it for awhile with great results. His journey started with "http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/" which has a lot of people who use My Fitness Pal. There is a whole sub Reddit section with various Keto info.

Good luck!
  • mrpink84
    mrpink84 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link endlesoul! I'm going to check it out too. Feel free to add me alucardd20! I've enjoyed a life of overindulgence as well and I'm paying the price but eating healthy. Going to check out this Keto diet too! Good luck man.
  • Beccy2pointoh
    Beccy2pointoh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I spent about 10 years being drunk & stupid & it also made me fat (300lbs) plus I caught a bad case of the type 2 diabetes. Spent the last few years sorting that out by losing 40lb but still have some weight loss to go. If I can smarted up, sober up & stop stuffing my face them you can too. Good luck
  • alucardd20
    alucardd20 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Cool thanks for all the nice and supportive words. To answer the question of why I am starting monday, is mainly because I was waiting to get paid, so I can hit walmart and buy all the foods I need to keep focused and have all the distracting foods out of my house. So while I was waiting, I was watching what I was eating and putting it in MFP, to get used to it.
  • tower913
    tower913 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It is the small goals that will lead you to the big ones! Just remember to stay focused and keep going for it ! If you ever need support use the community on here. Everyone is more than willing to lend a helping hand!
  • llangstraat
    llangstraat Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me! This site is a great support network through your bad days and your good days!