How many push ups can you do at one go?

Options

Replies

• shev11
    shev11 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    About 20, although not in perfect form.
    A few months ago I could do 0 so I'm not complaining.
  • jnp96
    jnp96 Posts: 163
    Options
    26 and they are girly ones. My wrists and elbows are not strong enough to do more than that at one time before they really start to ache. Old age I guess. :sad:
  • shev11
    Options
    Also I think 'guy style' is an actual pushup whereas 'girl style' is on your knees? I'm not sure.
    In taekwondo guy pushups are on knuckles whereas girly push ups are just normal push ups haha.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    hahahah funny you should ask. My bf's friend challenged me to do 20 guy push-ups I did 30! hahahaha He said I didn't go all the way down, but WHATEVER He just wasn't ready for the gun show!!!!!
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    86 the last time i was challenged :D
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    With good form, guy style - 15
    With good form, girl style - 40

After that it starts to really hurt my left collarbone (not sure why, it's never been broken)
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Jay Cutler only does "girl" pushups lol
  • shev11
    Options
    Jay Cutler is a mutant
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I can do 20 full, good form pushups when I'm fresh at the beginning of a chest workout. At the end is another story, lol!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    At once I'd say about 40 (on toes) maybe more... if split, I've done 80 on my toes and 40 on my knees and was pretty pooped. Mind you, I also did 300 squats and 100 assited pull ups :/
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day and if I am being challenged...probably more than the average girl though.:smile:
  • naveed1naveed
    Options
    10 in a row 2sec up 1 sec down. slow,solid and in good posture :blushing:
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i do sets of 60. really slow push ups i could probably do less of. however, when i started, i struggled with 10, so at least i'm getting better.

for me, pushups are also great for warming up when the house is chilly. best way i've found to go from feeling cold to normal body temperature in under two minutes.
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Just tried, managed to do 12 of the ''real'' ones.. Considering I've not really done them before, I think that's good! Could probably do more of the ''girly'' ones though :laugh:
  • naveed1naveed
    Options
    i do sets of 60.

this is a load of push ups.
    getting exited. 30 mins and i'll hit the floor with my 10z. :laugh:
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    10 or 12. Upper body is horribly weak.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    have tried the 100 pushups program. never did get to 100. maxed out at 82. could probably work back up to around there.
  • Callalili
    Callalili Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    on toes, good form, about 25
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I'll do 30 am and 2x20 PM when I don't have iron available(travelling) - real on toes chest to ground etc - but im still heavy.
  • FloyMcCaudie
    Options
    Depends on the day and if I am being challenged...probably more than the average girl though.:smile:

haha i can tell by back mate:D