Tattoos making me feel better about my body

Options

Replies

• Flamenquero
    Options
    Guess I'm old fashioned about this. If you have a tatoo, then you had better been a soldier, sailor, or biker.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I have five and all have profound meaning, even if three of them are Star Wars and people think I'm just geeky. I plan on more because to me, each one is something to remind me of a struggle or trial in my life. When I lost 100lbs I'm getting something on my rib cage to remind me how hard I worked once I got past the fear of failure.

To the people that dislike or think tats are ugly, I can understand. I think sometimes you can look tacky with tattoos depending on what, but it's an expression. I don't think there's anything wrong with not being attracted to it, that's like saying it's wrong to not like blondes or something like that. You;ve gotta remember it feels like a lot, but only 12% of the US population has a tattoo...it's still not a norm and won't be.
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I have 3 and i can not wait to get more! hopefully after christmas!
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I have a couple and love them and think they look hot on women! :)
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i'm in the middle of my fourth tattoo (2nd session happening in 8 days). each one has deep meaning to me and i would NEVER get a tattoo at random. a lot of thought goes into every one i have. they do make me a bit more proud of myself, the fact that I can lay there for hours on and and endure every last nerve in my body being on fire and when i come out on the other side of the pain, see that it manifested into something beautiful. my tatts will look so much better once i slim down some more. they don't make me feel better about my body, just about my strength and my love of showing my life through body art. you shouldn't need a tatt to feel better about yourself!
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm old fashioned about this. If you have a tatoo, then you had better been a soldier, sailor, or biker.

I am none of these and I have three tattoos, but I love the saying anyway! LOL :laugh:
  • IslandRider
    Options

You do realize that there are lot of ex-military women like me that are bikers and have tattoos, right? LOL!
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I have several. My favorites are the ones that didn't come off the wall. :drinker:
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I think tattoos make a women look awful. I'd rather see stretch marks any day.

That's an awfully dated and SEXIST opinion! Outnumbered too considering the other responses!

As a woman with tattoos I can most definitely say I do not look awful. Nor do any of the ladies who have posted photos. Badly done tattoos look awful, period, regardless of the gender of the wearer.

You clearly don't look too fantastic yourself considering you don't even have an avatar- people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Playing devils advocate here...Sounds to me like this comment was simply stating an opinion. Not everyone loves tattoos and that's ok, just like some adore them which is also ok as well.

Me personally, I don't have any and I will never get any. I think most tattos are beautiful but in my opinion they take away from the beauty of ones body...doesn't mean I will like someone any less if they have 1 or 10, I just think the body without art work is art in and of itself :-)

Don't want to offend and I hope I haven't.
  • VitVit18
    VitVit18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I don't have any tattoos as of yet, but it's part of my plan for this winter. My idea for one is simple, but I've been planning to get it for years, and it has meaning for me. That's what I think tattoos are and should be, a representation of who you are, how you see the world, and what's caused you to be who you are. As much as some may not agree, I think that my generation sees tattoos as expression of self, rather than "destroying one's body".
  • katz22
    katz22 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have one tattoo - a spider, I just got it because I wanted to get one and I thought it would be cool (When I was 19) Although later on my mum who is Scottish said it made her think of the robert the bruce and the spider story, which gave it meaning. Although I am considering getting more tattoos in the future, I am glad I never went ahead and got all the ones I wanted when I was 17 , otherwise I would be covered in skulls and names of bands !
  • psychic_atrophy
    Options
    I have two tattoos, and i want more. I dont want to be covered in them, mine are coverable for jobs and whatnot.

My tattoos are reminders of all that I've overcome, that I am capable of so much more than I give myself credit for. I didn't get them to feel better about myself, but because I've been in dark places that I never want to return to. They give me strength.

For a man to love and accept my tattoos is for him to love and accept me as well. You can have your opinions about tattoos and the people that have them. But I can tell you more often than not, you are wrong.

Tattoos have moved away from being only for military men or criminals. They are pieces of art and expression, a way to define your place in this world and share yourself with others. Of course people get tattoos that are poorly done and cliche. People make bad choices everyday, thats their prerogative.
  • donnaw3kids
    donnaw3kids Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have 9 and cant imagine not having them. they do make me smile.
  • sofia0810
    Options
    I have 7 small ones!!! and I love tattoos, three of them have meaning. It def makes me feel good after I get one specially bc of the pain you have to take.:laugh:
  • RobinME
    RobinME Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have 12 and still counting! I love tattoos! They definitely make me feel better about myself. Congrats!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Never got a date until I tatted up, HARDCORE \m/

a96831_a511_ranom4_HK.jpg
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    I have a couple and love them and think they look hot on women! :)

FTW :flowerforyou:
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I only have 9, I really need more but I promised myself I wouldn't get more that 12 before I hit my goal weight. so I guess I can get 3 more here soon
  • kiykiy79
    kiykiy79 Posts: 177
    Options
    I plan to get one when I reach my UGW (I dig ink- I have 3 now)... I love the way my side looks so I'm adding something there to remind me of this journey and to keep pushing!
  • MegRuthie
    MegRuthie Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I think tattoos make a women look awful. I'd rather see stretch marks any day.

That's a $hitty thing to say on a forum about having tattoos. You are essentially saying "All you women look awful"
    I think well done tattoos can be beautiful. I think people who judge tattoos look awful.

I have two and am dying to get to my goal weight and tone up so I can have a pretty canvas (as someone else said) for them.